Forums > Queen - General Discussion > what was the first Queen music video u watched?

forum rss feed
Author

lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Oct 10, 07:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what was the first Queen music video you watched?
the first one i watched was radio ga ga, and it was so long ago, id heard the song on teh readio and i thought "ok, thats a good song, i'll check it out on youtube" this was before i became obsessed with Queen by the way, and i watched it and i didnt even know that Freddie pulling around the clock fingers things, (idk what it was) i didnt know he was teh lead singer, he in my mind looked different there to when he was in the flying car. and i thought Brian was somethin like the dude on keyboard, not guitar :O
shame on me but also quite funny :)

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3027 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 10, 09:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was born in 1980, and have been told that I used to run around as a 4-5 year old singing "I Want To Break Free" whilst using a brush as a microphone.  So I'm guessing it must have been that!  The first one I can remember watching, though, was "Bohemian Rhapsody" when it got re-released in 1991. When I got into Queen in 1995, one of my Christmas presents that year was Flix 1 on VHS and I definitely watched it straight away, so if you exclude that stupid "Killer Queen" intro, it was most definitely Bo Rhap.

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
rhyeking user not visiting Queenzone.com
rhyeking
Royalty: 1566 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 10, 10:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The earliest video I remember seeing by them was "Radio Ga Ga" in 1984, when it came out. I didn't know who Queen was and didn't even remember the name of the band. It was just another video showed on MuchMusic. I thought the video was weird and the title was silly. Then again, I was only 8 or 9 years old.

The first video I saw after vaguely knowing who Queen was would be "Bohemian Rhapsody", back in 1992, during the Wayne's World craze.

The first video I saw after I truly became a Queen was "A Kind Of Magic," shown on MuchMusic's request show RSVP. It came on at 4 PM everyday, convenient for me just getting home from school. That would have been 1993, I believe. The host read the letter from a viewer requesting "a song by Queen that wasn't Bohemian Rhapsody". At this point, the only Queen album I owned was Classic Queen, bought only a few months before. So, there I was, standing in my living (home alone), watching what I consider the first Queen video I saw and loving it. I loved finally seeing these guys just performing and having fun (no crazy effects, long hair and bizarre photography)...and no Wayne's World clips.

people on streets user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1306 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 10, 17:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

these are the days of our lives

qrock user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 313 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 10, 18:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was either We Will Rock You (Live Aid) A Kind of Magic or I Want to Break Free

Bo Rhap user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bo Rhap
Bohemian: 534 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 10, 18:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The first TIME i saw Queen was on TOTP 74 performing Seven Seas Of Rhye.

So the first video i saw of Queen would be Bohemain Rhapsody.

I can remember the BR video for TOTP being different to the official one.

I never forget a face,

but in your case i'll be glad to

make an exception-Groucho Marx
Jazz 78 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 501 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 10, 19:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NICE Bo Rap!!! You probably saw the version with the flames at the front of the song. I think my first video was probably Bicycle Race back in 78. I think it was shown on Don Kirchner's Rock Concert and back then that show came on about 1:00 in the morning so staying awake was a real challenge.

prescott2811 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 54 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 10, 21:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well I've been a Queen fan for just 10 years now, N the first ever video I seen or even new who Queen were was A kind of magic. I thought it was an amazing beat, good lrycs,
great band

Paul Prescott
ralle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 9 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 10, 01:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tonyyy user not visiting Queenzone.com
tonyyy
Bohemian: 280 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 10, 02:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The first Queen video I saw was The Invisible Man in 1989 and I didn't like it, but I was only 13! Now I like the song and the video too.

Tony

My webpage: http://xoomer.alice.it/tonyhomepage

dive2063 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 197 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 10, 03:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The 1st Queen video i saw was BoRhap in 1991 (when I was 5 years old). But actually before that, also in 1991, I saw FM - 'Living on my own' video.

Dubroc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dubroc
Bohemian: 522 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 10, 03:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I guess it as Bohemian Rhapsody back in the seventies. Freddie sitting at the piano with black fingernails and bracelets made some inpression on me when I was little. And ofcourse the WWRY / WATC video's. All watched on the seventiesshow TOPPOP with Ad Visser  (more than 30 years ago).

We must all see to believe...
freddiefan91 user not visiting Queenzone.com
freddiefan91
Bohemian: 399 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 10, 04:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bohemian Rhapsody i just remember thinking what a great video and song it was