Forums > Personal > fox hunting

forum rss feed
Author

lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Oct 10, 07:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

who likes the fox hunting and who agrees with me and brian that its wrong?
i think its not a "sport" as people call it, personaly i think its cruel, why go kill an animal thats just doing what it has to do to live, for god sake we do worse to live than foxes do, they kill some chickens, we cut down trees which affects the oxygen since we get most of our oxygen from trees, and we are the ones causing global warming which causes huge floods and huge heat waves, out way of living is kill the earth we live on, a foxes way of living is kill some chickens, tehy give people a slight ghrudge of anger and we then go kill them for fun! how sick is that! i mean come on, oh and that time that fox attacked those kids, that only happened because we feed them which takes away their fear of humans so they come to us for food, and when we forget to feed them they get closer to home, we need to remember these are wild animals, not pets. so basicaly we make them tame to humans, then they attack us because of OUR actions, so we then go kill them, and some people say killing foxes is needed to keep the population of foxes down. well there is a huge population of humans on earth to unless you havent noticed, are we going to go make friends with people around teh world then when they least expect it shoot their brains out? no! so why with foxes, they are living creatures like us, just because we can destroy the earth dosent mean we are the most important creatures on earth, just the oposite! we need to stop thinking we are all so important because it is killing the earth!

whos on my side with this?

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Oct 10, 08:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is no argumant in favour of fox hunting other than "tradition", which is a mixture of selective reading and confabulation anyway. This English upper-class hobby of cruelty will have to stop once and for all, along with bullfighting, cock fighting, dog fighting, and the whole lot of barbaric survivals from the middle ages.


Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Oct 10, 09:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

true! were not living in the middle ages anymore, we need a change! and a change in thew right direction!

Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Oct 10, 10:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bow hunting of deer is also a cruel "sport" because often the deer run away with the arrow in them and are unable to be tracked by the bow hunter.  Imagine the suffering that then takes place.  And if you are against it, you get the cold shoulder treatment from neighbors.  It is completely infuriating.

-fatty- 2850 user not visiting Queenzone.com
-fatty- 2850
Deity: 2029 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Oct 10, 10:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is typical of the underclasses who have no understanding of life beyond the front door of their council house. Foxes are vermin and do far more damage than killing the odd chicken. In fact foxes are responsible for the deaths of millions of chickens not to mention cows, sheep, pigs and zebras. They also spread diseases such as T.B, AIDS, black death and cold sores. The urban fox has been known to attack humans as was recently publicised in the case of the two babies that were attacked while they slept in their cots and one can only speculate about the millions of other attacks which were never reported. Foxes have also been linked to organised crime and international terrorism. It's believed that at least 2 of the 9/11 attackers had bushy tails.
I'm also a keen supporter of badger gassing, seal clubbing and whaling and I'm sure if you took the time to research these harmless pastimes, you would realise that the world would be a better place if we stopped listening to the hippies and tree huggers, got out into the fresh air and intentionally caused suffering to animals.

fatty.

Amazon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 996 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Oct 10, 13:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

-fatty- wrote: "This is typical of the underclasses who have no understanding of life beyond the front door of their council house. Foxes are vermin and do far more damage than killing the odd chicken. In fact foxes are responsible for the deaths of millions of chickens not to mention cows, sheep, pigs and zebras. They also spread diseases such as T.B, AIDS, black death and cold sores. The urban fox has been known to attack humans as was recently publicised in the case of the two babies that were attacked while they slept in their cots and one can only speculate about the millions of other attacks which were never reported. Foxes have also been linked to organised crime and international terrorism. It's believed that at least 2 of the 9/11 attackers had bushy tails.
I'm also a keen supporter of badger gassing, seal clubbing and whaling and I'm sure if you took the time to research these harmless pastimes, you would realise that the world would be a better place if we stopped listening to the hippies and tree huggers, got out into the fresh air and intentionally caused suffering to animals."


:D You are a STAR!!! I actually thought you were serious until you mentioned cows, sheep, pigs and zebras. :D Brilliant!



thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Oct 10, 13:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

-fatty- wrote: This is typical of the underclasses who have no understanding of life beyond the front door of their council house. Foxes are vermin and do far more damage than killing the odd chicken. In fact foxes are responsible for the deaths of millions of chickens not to mention cows, sheep, pigs and zebras. They also spread diseases such as T.B, AIDS, black death and cold sores. The urban fox has been known to attack humans as was recently publicised in the case of the two babies that were attacked while they slept in their cots and one can only speculate about the millions of other attacks which were never reported. Foxes have also been linked to organised crime and international terrorism. It's believed that at least 2 of the 9/11 attackers had bushy tails.
I'm also a keen supporter of badger gassing, seal clubbing and whaling and I'm sure if you took the time to research these harmless pastimes, you would realise that the world would be a better place if we stopped listening to the hippies and tree huggers, got out into the fresh air and intentionally caused suffering to animals.

fatty.
=============

I really don't have the time to look into these hobbys of yours, as all my time is presently consumed by those beautiful sports dwarf tossing, cudgelfighting and small-scale genocide.


Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

-fatty- 2850 user not visiting Queenzone.com
-fatty- 2850
Deity: 2029 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Oct 10, 14:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ah yes. the noble sport of cudjie-fighting. I cant understand why the olympic commitee hasn't introduced cudjie-fighting yet.

fatty.

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3053 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Oct 10, 16:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi lifetimefan, was watching the telly quite late the other night and stumbled across an interview with Brian May on BBC Two's "Hardtalk".  The interviewer was a bit of a prick at times and clearly wasn't too well informed by his researchers, but Brian soon put him right.  Part of the 20-odd minute interview was spent talking about fox-hunting and killing badgers, here's the link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00tvsww/HARDtalk_Brian_May_Musician/

I didn't see anyone else talk about this, so I'll probably post the link in the serious discussions too.


It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Oct 10, 16:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i'm sure Freddie was well into cockfighting but thats for another topic...


isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

Gregsynth user is on Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Oct 10, 00:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie usually won the cockfights.


I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Oct 10, 00:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The idea of foxhunting really being a tradition is probably a fallacy on as grand a scale as "the vuvuzela is an important South African cultural instrument and it's racist for people to complain about it".


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
catqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
:)

Royalty: 1758 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Oct 10, 08:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree that fox hunting is cruel, but my family have chickens... and some of my friends do too.  My family's ones so far have been ok, altho foxes have tried to get in.  But one of my friends has lost countless chickens to foxes -- incl foxes getting in and killing all the hens and not eating them.  And i have another friend who hunts and trains huntiing dogs, and he says if the dogs are properly trained, the fox dies instantly and that they will overrun the country if not killed.  :/  so while i dont like foxhunting, im never quite sure how much of it is that im squeamish and just want things to be 'nice'.  And in a way... most of us kill spiders and dont think abt it... and many of us eat meat...
Anyone use a feather pillow?  Ever hear of the conditions chickens are raised in for feather production?  Far more cruel then shooting a fox... and yet we turn a blind eye.

lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Oct 10, 10:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thank you so much for the link thistleboy 1980 :D
and yes, the newsreoprter dose seem a bit weird, and damn it is so annoying the way they always make people like bri seem so perfectic by the way they talk to them, and the news papers, ppff, dont get me started on the news papers, i just found an article about bri thinkin the it wasnt a fox the had attacked the twins, and that was early in the even and the news papers fucking jumped at bri! and then i found out u could leave a comment usin twitter, and i did and oh my days i had fun tellin them perfectic i think they are for twisting storys and practicaly bullysing people,
im going to stop now otherwise i wont shut up and i may bring in the odd assassin

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Oct 10, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Ever hear of the conditions chickens are raised in for feather production?  Far more cruel then shooting a fox... and yet we turn a blind eye."

The argument is not valid, because no one's saying it's okay to mistreat chickens for making pillows ...   besides which you can buy pillows which don't have chicken feathers in them.  I understand your point about meat eating, of course, but pillows aren't relevant.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Oct 10, 00:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thistleboy 1980 wrote: Hi lifetimefan, was watching the telly quite late the other night and stumbled across an interview with Brian May on BBC Two's "Hardtalk".  The interviewer was a bit of a prick at times and clearly wasn't too well informed by his researchers, but Brian soon put him right.  Part of the 20-odd minute interview was spent talking about fox-hunting and killing badgers, here's the link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00tvsww/HARDtalk_Brian_May_Musician/

I didn't see anyone else talk about this, so I'll probably post the link in the serious discussions too.
=====================

That interview was indeed posted here previously, but I'm glad you've reposted it in this context.  I love Brian dearly, but he is a raving partisan on this issue who can't be trusted to deliver anything remotely like objectivity. He cherry picks and over simplifies as suits his evangelizing, and he bullies and smears farmers egregiously.  The interviewer wasn't half hard enough on him.  

As far as fox hunting goes, if it's about the welfare of the fox then one has to consider what happens to the fox if it's not hunted in this manner. You can't assume a better fate as foxes rightly or wrongly are considered vermin in rural areas of the UK.  Traps, lousy marksmanship and starvation are all sources of protracted suffering.  I don't know the right answer, but it's not as straightforward as it seems.  If it's about affirming that a culture does not support cruelty in such an open and seemingly indulgent way, then that has value, but it may come at a cost to individuals of the species.

catqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
:)

Royalty: 1758 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Oct 10, 12:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote: "Ever hear of the conditions chickens are raised in for feather production?  Far more cruel then shooting a fox... and yet we turn a blind eye."

The argument is not valid, because no one's saying it's okay to mistreat chickens for making pillows ...   besides which you can buy pillows which don't have chicken feathers in them.  I understand your point about meat eating, of course, but pillows aren't relevant.

yeah..... but..... :P
in my head what i was thinking was that we torture and kill animals for reasons other then fox hunting without much of a fuss being made of it.  Of course nobody is saying its 'good' to mistreat them, like is said in defence of fox hunting (although would it be THAT big a stretch to use arguments for economising to equate with 'good' to mistreat if it is in capitalism's interests/ interests of big companies/ keeping ppl employed?)  I didnt phrase my post well, but sometimes (while yes, i DONT LIKE fox hunting and do think its cruel to kill animals for sport) i think some of the reasons ppl are SO against it is because of almost a 'not in my backyard' attitude.  We know abt fox hunting, foxes are cute, they're in children's stories, we grew up hearing abt sly mr fox... we have sympathy for them, and dont like the thought of them being shot in our neighbourhoods... whereas if feather production is far away and out of sight, suddenly its less of a problem.  So we eat battery eggs, we use feather pillows, we eat meat slaughtered in less-then-ideal circumstances... but when we dont see it, its not in our faces... we dont care as much.  Yet we inflict MORE suffering on those animals then is inflicted by a good hunter in one single shot.  Plus many hunters who hunt for sport dont actually CATCH the fox... so he isnt hurt at all. 
I think my problem with the whole fox hunting issue is not whether it is right or wrong to hunt, but rather -- why THIS issue?  Do the ppl who talk abt fox huntiing take the care to source fairly traded food, fairly traded clothes (incl the material that is IN the clothes), do they think abt the stone in their driveway that is broken up by 3 year old Dalit kids in India?  To me, human rights supercede animal rights (not to deminish animal rights in any way -- just i believe that human rights are more imp) and it is hypocritical to scream abt fox hunting while u pay for kids to make ur clothes.  (and no i dont use all fair trade stuff even tho i believe in it).

Amazon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 996 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Oct 10, 02:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hate the idea of killing animals for sport, which is why for example I am opposed to my state's continously allowing people to go duck hunting. If fox hunting is indeed for sport, then I definitely think it should be banned.

If it is not sport but is done to eliminate foxes because they're pests, then the question becomes whether or not a more humane method can be utilised instead. Regardless, I would struggle to find much justification for it.

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Oct 10, 11:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amazon wrote: I hate the idea of killing animals for sport, which is why for example I am opposed to my state's continously allowing people to go duck hunting. If fox hunting is indeed for sport, then I definitely think it should be banned.

If it is not sport but is done to eliminate foxes because they're pests, then the question becomes whether or not a more humane method can be utilised instead. Regardless, I would struggle to find much justification for it.
==============================

I hate the idea of killing for sport as well - for me.  But hunting and fishing and the like is huge here, and I struggle with projecting my sense of right and wrong in this instance on other people.  I'd much, much rather see an animal in the wild than in the back of a pickup truck, and it would be painful and unpleasant for me to see an animal killed.  But hunting is a fulfilling pastime for a lot of people.  The vast majority of hunters utilize the animals they kill for meat, and in that way they are no different from any another cog in nature's food wheel.  I think it's no surprise that animal rights movements are dominated by women, because speaking very generally we're not good at this sort of thing, particularly in modern life where most of us are really removed from the reality of food production. And we generally don't have desire or instinct to run about and conquer stuff, but an awful lot of men, and some women, do.  To quash that basic instinct by too broadly defining any use of nature as cruelty may be unjust and even unwise.  

Fox hunting is a difficult one because among other things it's jarring to a sense of fairness.  A bunch of people and horses and a pack of dogs after a creature not much bigger than a cat is a bit hard to swallow.  Even if it could be conclusively demonstrated that as pest control it is no more cruel than any other method, I think people would still hate it.  As a symbol of cruelty and indulgence, actual or perceived, it's pretty potent.

Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Oct 10, 21:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, fatty...


"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd