Hi all !
I have some questions for pre-Queen fans and specialists about "1984":
It's well known that 1984 played at Croydon for the Top Rank Club in September 1967.
However, I found an article dated from 7 Februray 1967, in which we can read:
Last month the group won an area semi-final at Croydon in a national talent search, and it is now awaiting news of the national winners, who will have the chance of a test recording for a major record company.
1) How is it possible? Is it September or February? or both dates?
2) Furthermore, the Melody Maker reported this event, but in which issue?
3) It seems that Brian played bass this day, but is it true? Tim Staffell was here too, so why would Brian play bass?
4) Did 1984 played "Ain't That Peculiar" and "Crying In The Rain" before the competition (to enter the contest)? During the competition? or after the competition (as a demo for CBS, which was the reward)?
5) Did they win the final contest or just the semi-final?
Thanks for your answers,
Mel (from France)