Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > RIP DaveRFuller's Youtube Account

forum rss feed
Author

jamster1111 user not visiting Queenzone.com
jamster1111
Bohemian: 844 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Oct 10, 13:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am taking the time to write this because youtube has lost of it's best channels: DaveRFuller. As you probably know, Dave uploaded very rare recordings from his queen collection and provided us with a vast amount of rare interviews, mixes, demos, videos, and more.. For some reason youtube and their copyright nazi's had to kick him off for some stupid reason and now those hundreds (maybe even thousands) of rare jewels from Queen that he uploaded are gone.  The man was the "God" of youtube among Queen fans and youtube obviously didn't know what they just did. FUCK YOUTUBE COPYRIGHT NAZIS

RIP DaveRFuller's Youtube Account 2005-2010

*Thanks to gregsynth for noticing this

It's late, but it's time to set me free

It's late, yes I know but there's no way it has to be

Too late, so let the fire take our bodies this night

So late, so let the waters take our guilt in the t
GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 22 Oct 10, 13:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's more than a little depressing.  

The exact message is "DaveRFuller has been terminated because we repeatedly received third-party claims of copyright infringement regarding material the user posted."

I blame YouTube less than I blame the third parties.  Was this  really necessary? Who was the material hurting?

rhyeking user not visiting Queenzone.com
rhyeking
Royalty: 1566 posts

Posted: 22 Oct 10, 13:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Youtube constantly takes its "Covering Our Cowardly Asses" position to new and stupid lengths. I believe the fine print in its mandate reads: "We're too busy getting rich via advertisements to want spare any brain cells wondering whether something should be allowed to get posted, therefore, if any third party so much as sneezes in the direction of a complaint, let alone makes one (ridiculous or otherwise) we're taking the video and everything relating to it off line, because really, fuck the audience,we need more money! Where is my new Porsche?"

I say we start a guerilla campaign, setting up dummy accounts by the dozens and re-post as much of these rare tracks as possible. Personally, I have a lot of tracks, interviews and other stuff, some of which may not be as rare as what the good Mr. Fuller posted, but it's a start!

Marknow user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hello
Marknow
Deity: 2878 posts

Posted: 22 Oct 10, 13:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is awful news, really. David's page was by far the best Queen resource on Youtube.

I have had two recent copyright notices on my own Youtube account, both Queen related.
I shared Kerry and Brian from proms in the park, in two separate video's, the second clip with WWRY/WATC was flagged for copyright, the fist clip is still fine.
I also had a clip of The Tube Channel 4 at The Bowl '82, this was also flagged for copyright.

It's quite obvious that Universal are more proactive than EMI in regard to copyright etc. All of this started soon after the switch to Universal.

What a shame, the official Queen channel is no adequate replacement, that's for sure. An awful lot of stuff just got locked away forever.

Arse.

PrimeJiveUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 267 posts

Posted: 22 Oct 10, 14:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, really sad.  I regularly pulled up "Cool Cat w/ david Bowie  bum bum bum" and " Silver Salmon".

Well maby we'll hear this stuff if Universal is planning to release them (albeit cleaned up verions)..

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 2808 posts

Posted: 22 Oct 10, 14:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How sad...  Dave was a Hero.

I can't say that i ever COMPLETELY scoured the collection...and that's something i'll regret.
It was always a safe haven for rare queen goods...

This is really sad. :(

How's Dave Handling it?

"Come tonight! Come to the Overbite! Come See Freddie rock Toniiiiight!"
jamster1111

Posted: 22 Oct 10, 14:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

On facebook David said that he was working on somehow getting it back but didn't promise anything. If that was my channel and I couldn't get it back I would be absolutely infuriated. I would rush over to youtube's headquarters and let's just say shit would go down.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 22 Oct 10, 15:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is very little unreleased Queen on youtube that isn't already available here or elsewhere online.  But he had a ton of stuff organized in one convenient place, so indeed it's a shame that he was shut down.  That said, it wouldn't be too difficult to organize the material in a similar way here, as long as everyone put their heads together.  Maybe he could even contribute.  Does he post here?

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts

Posted: 22 Oct 10, 15:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arrrrrgh.  :(

And arrrrrgh again.

This tells me that there will likely be many more YouTube accounts deletions in the near future.

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
jamster1111

Posted: 22 Oct 10, 17:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think we have on here anywhere near the amount of stuff that Dave had on his channel. It's gonna be hard to find some of those rare interviews and demos again. Let's just hope that somehow youtube puts his channel back.

YannickJoker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 297 posts

Posted: 22 Oct 10, 17:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's a shame, but I wouldn't call him a hero. Downloading things from Queenzone and uploading them on youtube, taking complete credit for it does not make you a hero.

david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2020 posts

Posted: 22 Oct 10, 18:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bastards.......i have few enough friends on utube without them banning them

beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts

Posted: 22 Oct 10, 18:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jamster1111 wrote: I don't think we have on here anywhere near the amount of stuff that Dave had on his channel. It's gonna be hard to find some of those rare interviews and demos again. Let's just hope that somehow youtube puts his channel back.

I'll miss the interviews most.

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
lemonysnick123 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 280 posts

Posted: 22 Oct 10, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Damn, that was the top Queen channel on Youtube. Now, gone forever. Damn you youtube...

Owner of the (now-deceased) lemonysnick123 Youtube Channel

*goodco* user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1129 posts

Posted: 22 Oct 10, 19:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First of all, I want to thank David Fuller for all of his efforts.  About a month ago, I came across his youtube posts.  There were three or four demos I had not heard before.  And then there were all the Roger b sides and unreleased stuff as well.  The music and related videos were a genuine treat, as well as affectionately well done.  A labor of love.  Belated thanks.  Wish I had hooked up my computer to my stereo sooner to rip some of what I did not previously own.

Now........I do understand the removing of all of it.  Official material was there.  Before everyone goes ape sh*t........think a second about why it happened.  Many tracks are unavailable or hard to come by, but is still copyrighted material (sigh).

In the meantime, until these are replaced......to quote Herman Munster......."  Darn! Darn! Darn!"...............

"Discretionary posting is the better part of valor." Falstaff
Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts

Posted: 22 Oct 10, 23:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's extremely arrogant of anybody to file COPYRIGHTS on stuff that has no monetary loss/gain. Fair use applies.

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
*goodco* user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1129 posts

Posted: 23 Oct 10, 00:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would be curious to hear the replies that Brian, Roger, John, and Jim Beach might have to offer regarding that comment.

Not to be too serious, or too silly.......hell, it would be nice to hear John say something about anything.

"Discretionary posting is the better part of valor." Falstaff
Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts

Posted: 23 Oct 10, 01:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey, I just got a message from Dave: He says that an "Air Productions" filed copyright claims on ONE VIDEO, and it got suspended.

This Company is FAKE. IT DOESN'T EXIST!

http://www.youtube.com/user/airproductionsco

This came up on a search

Someone filed a FALSE CLAIM and fucked him over.

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
qrock user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 313 posts

Posted: 23 Oct 10, 04:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is terrible news. He was probably the greatest resource of Queen material youtube, albeit there lots of other Youtube account who have contributed well with Queen stuff.

koronja user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miss u Freddie sooo much!
koronja
Rocker: 17 posts

Posted: 23 Oct 10, 05:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lucky we have Dave on myspace and facebook too,so we can be in touch with him,hopefully he is going to be back on youtube too,hopefully...because there was years of hard work on that channel.

Legends never die and Queen lives forever!