Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Queen Leave EMI, Reissue Back Catalogue On Universal

forum rss feed
Author

mickyparise user not visiting Queenzone.com
mickyparise
Bohemian: 787 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Nov 10, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

10 November 2010

Queen are the latest iconic rock group to leave major label EMI. The band have been signed to the UK label for 40 years but have now signed a new deal with Universal Music Group, who will reissue all 15 of their studio albums.

The first five of these records, 'Queen', 'Queen II', 'Sheer Heart Attack', 'A Night At The Opera' and 'A Day At The Races' are due for re-release in March of next year. Each one will be re-mastered and repackaged with additional bonus material. The remaining ten albums will follow throughout 2011.

Guitarist Brian May revealed, "We are very excited, after all this time, to be embarking on a new phase of our career - with a new record company - with new ideas, and new dreams."

Queen follow in the footsteps of The Rolling Stones and Pink Floyd, who also parted ways with EMI after disagreements with the label.

Elsewhere, a biopic of the late great Freddie Mercury is currently in the early stages of production with Borat actor and comedian Sacha Baron Cohen lined up to play the Queen singer.

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/Queen-Leave-EMI-Reissue-Back-Catalogue-On-Universal/54508.htm

R.I.P. PRINCESS

Living Life on Life's Terms
PrimeJiveUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 267 posts

Posted: 10 Nov 10, 20:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mickeyparise, may I ask who "princess" was that you R.I.P. in your posts?  If it's too personal I certainly understand.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 10, 05:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Princess Of the Universe, of course!

mickyparise user not visiting Queenzone.com
mickyparise
Bohemian: 787 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 10, 17:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi,
Was my beloved cat, had her for 13 years and she was the best thing that happened to me....  ;>

R.I.P. PRINCESS

Living Life on Life's Terms
PrimeJiveUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 267 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 10, 18:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Awwww...thank you for answering!

shamar user not visiting Queenzone.com
shamar
Bohemian: 128 posts

Posted: 12 Nov 10, 08:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If they won't add demos / unreleased / rare live stuff to these albums. I'll never ever buy anything form Queen. I won't be wait whole my life for Queen archives. Sorry.

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 2806 posts

Posted: 17 Nov 10, 15:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ehyyy... i hear ya (above)...

Yeah, unless they start selling Queen albums with sandwich wraps or something, i'll probably stop purchasing the catalogue (again) at least...AFTER i find a copy of THE GAME in 5.1.

why oh why were those mixes discontinued?

"Come tonight! Come to the Overbite! Come See Freddie rock Toniiiiight!"