Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > What is available from the second night at Earls Court ?

forum rss feed
Author

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10071 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Nov 10, 07:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Since we all now have the complete video from the first night at Earls Court 1977, it would be nice to have an "as complete as possible" version of the second night, too. What is "OUT" already ?

"Thank you good evening all you rock'n'rollers" by Freddie - I "guess" this belongs after the opening medley, so maybe between Ogre Battle and White Queen ? What do you think ?

Brian's "Do you like the gimmicks ?" + Killer Queen - comes from Rare Live

The second half of "You Take My Breath Away" - from Champions of the world

Freddie's vocal improvisation between White Man and The Prophet's Song - I'm pretty sure I have seen it in one of the many, many documentaries - does anybody know in which one ?

Rock 'n' Roll medley - various unofficial sources, best quality video comes from a bootleg DVD called "Rare Live 2", but still has pretty bad quality

parts of Jailhouse Rock - Magic Years

God Save The Queen - the same bootleg video as the r'n'r medley

beginning of God Save The Queen - Magic Years

Are there any other sources ? I don't care how long they are, or how SHORT they are :-) I just think it's simply a good idea to collect all information on one place

cmi user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmi
Bohemian: 643 posts

Posted: 13 Nov 10, 07:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think you have already mentioned all surfaced stuff from this night. Never know about 'Vocal Improvisation' stuff to be leacked.

pittrek

Posted: 13 Nov 10, 07:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm pretty sure that I have seen (here ? ) a thread where another short piece of footage from a documentary was identified as being from the second night, I'll try to find it.

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 13 Nov 10, 09:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The second night complete would be a dream come true. Didn't they play Sweet Lady?

Also, the camera angles are much better than the first night. Plus, John is seen hitting the triangle ;-)

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18633 posts

Posted: 13 Nov 10, 14:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The video of released with the Absolute Greatest package had a few more seconds of chatter before Killer Queen.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Ale_Pisa user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ale_Pisa
Bohemian: 901 posts

Posted: 13 Nov 10, 14:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think the video is a shot, 1 minute, on the chmapions of the world doc... I don't remember if this video is YMBF

Sorry for my english! :(
MERQRY user not visiting Queenzone.com
MERQRY
Bohemian: 746 posts

Posted: 13 Nov 10, 18:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Also there´s a bit of freddies champagne toast from the Second Night (he spilled all his champagne ha ha)

In this video also there are many spots (Without Original Audio) from the Second Night Mixed with the fist Night dubbed with the Good Old-Fashioned Lover boy Audio:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiGkmgVhn2c

Greetings!

"I will destroy any man who dares abuse my trust" Freddie Mercury
pittrek

Posted: 14 Nov 10, 03:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the champagne bit, could you remind me where it can be originally (means pre-Youtube) found ? Thanks

The Real Wizard

Posted: 14 Nov 10, 11:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's on disc 2 of Greatest Video Hits 1.

The footage of Freddie singing and playing the first two verses is definitely from the second night, and of course the champagne bit is too.

I think at this point we can be pretty sure the entire show exists in the QP archive.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

pittrek

Posted: 14 Nov 10, 12:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yep.

If somebody from QP reads this, both nights would make an excellent bonus to the new remaster of Races :-)

MERQRY

Posted: 14 Nov 10, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No,no the Good old-fashioned Lover Boy of the video is from Greates Flix I (Vhs version) ... The GVH second disc has the "live" mimed performance From Top of the pops.

MERQRY

Posted: 14 Nov 10, 17:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh,i´m also pretty sure that a complete recording of the second night exist In the archives!

But i don´t know why they posted "you take my breath away" from first night (in conjuntion with the absoulute greatest)
if the version from the second night is a bit better cause doesn´t has the blow amp noise (that they had to remove)....

Greetings!

The Real Wizard

Posted: 14 Nov 10, 19:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oops, double post

The Real Wizard

Posted: 14 Nov 10, 19:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MERQRY wrote:

But i don´t know why they posted "you take my breath away" from first night (in conjuntion with the absoulute greatest)
if the version from the second night is a bit better cause doesn´t has the blow amp noise (that they had to remove)....

Maybe there's something wrong with the master tape of the second night by that point.  Or maybe they just thought the first night's performance was better.

The Real Wizard

Posted: 14 Nov 10, 19:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MERQRY wrote:

No,no the Good old-fashioned Lover Boy of the video is from Greates Flix I (Vhs version) ... The GVH second disc has the "live" mimed performance From Top of the pops.

Of course you're right about GVH1.. !

But look at this scan of the back cover of Greatest Flix - the track isn't included.

Nor is it on this version, based on one of the customer reviews..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Box-Flix-Queens-Greatest-Hits/dp/B00004CLPV/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

So where does this video come from.. ?  It uses footage that isn't accessible to collectors, so surely it came from QP at some point..

Attachment: 10531463152219.jpg 47 KB
This has been downloaded 48 time(s).

MERQRY

Posted: 14 Nov 10, 20:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The video (on fact the youtube video was made and subtituled in spanish for me) is from a Rare Version from the Greatest flix released Specially and only in Usa..
Apparently Was called "Greatest Hits" and The set list is this:

Will Rock You
We Are The Champions
Another One Bites The Dust
Killer Queen
Somebody To Love
Fat Bottomed Girls
Bicycle Race
You're My Best Friend
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Now I'm Here
Play The Game
Seven Seas Of Rhye
Body Language
Save Me
Don't Stop Me Now
Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy
I Want To Break Free
Bohemian Rhapsody (Original Version)
We Will Rock You - 1991 Remix (Credits)

And here there´s an image from "snow producciones" web page: http://queen.snowproducciones.com.ar/HITS1.jpg
The web master from Snow P. say me a long time ago is a "Do ro" Version of the greates flix but i can´t asegurate this cause i don´t have any copy of this Vhs.
The web master also say me he has a complete (and with excelent quality...altought SP has a little confuse "parameter" for excelent quality ha ha) "Bring back that leroy brown" video From the earls court second night... But again i can´t asegurate nothing...

Greetings!

MERQRY

Posted: 14 Nov 10, 21:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote: MERQRY wrote:

Maybe there's something wrong with the master tape of the second night by that point.  Or maybe they just thought the first night's performance was better. 

Or maybe they simply chosed randomly a video from each night (You take from First Night And Killer Queen From The second)
QP has a very rare criteria,I must say.....

Greetings!

GT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 799 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 10, 23:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, the video footage from the second night does exist.

The Real Wizard

Posted: 14 Nov 10, 23:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MERQRY wrote:

The video (on fact the youtube video was made and subtituled in spanish for me) is from a Rare Version from the Greatest flix released Specially and only in Usa..
Apparently Was called "Greatest Hits"

Of course, the pink Greatest Hits.  I grew up on that CD, and the video had the same track listing.  It wasn't rare in the US and Canada.  You could buy it anywhere when it came out in the early 90s.

The web master also say me he has a complete (and with excelent quality...altought SP has a little confuse "parameter" for excelent quality ha ha) "Bring back that leroy brown" video From the earls court second night...

Well, we'll see if that's true.  He's done nothing to earn anyone's trust.

Cheers!

The Real Wizard

Posted: 14 Nov 10, 23:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes GT, we know it exists.  We've seen it ourselves.  What we want to know is how much exists?  Is the quality consistent?  Is there a multi-track of audio in the archives to make a DVD release possible?  Even if they just have a mono video feed, that's still good enough for a DVD.  It was good enough for The Who for the Kilburn 1977 release.

These are the questions we want answered, GT.. not vague responses that amount to nothing more than carrot dangling.  You gave a similar (but much more snide) response in a thread related to Paris 2-27-79.  Who are you trying to amuse?