Forums > Queen - General Discussion > What do you think is the best live performance of any Queen song

forum rss feed
Author

plumrach user not visiting Queenzone.com
plumrach
Bohemian: 716 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Nov 10, 12:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

only performed by Queen though and not any Queen + stuff

ITSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1019 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Nov 10, 17:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Get Down Make Love and the transition to The Millionaire Waltz - Houson, 1977.

Also... Is this the world we created...? - Live Magic


Chuck Norris never sleeps, he waits...
Bigfish user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Nov 10, 12:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Staying Power - Milton Keynes '82
Against all the odds after being slaughtered for the album they pulled it off brilliantly - one of my best memories of any gig I've been to..


Big Fish
jamster1111 user not visiting Queenzone.com
jamster1111
Bohemian: 844 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Nov 10, 12:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Radio Ga Ga live aid. Hands down.


It's late, but it's time to set me free

It's late, yes I know but there's no way it has to be

Too late, so let the fire take our bodies this night

So late, so let the waters take our guilt in the t
Gregsynth user is on Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3169 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Nov 10, 14:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, that Radio Ga Ga from Live Aid is ridiculous!

Here's another nominee for best live performance of a Queen song:

It's A Hard Life from Brussels 1984 (It's the closest you'll get to the studio version)!


I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
angermair73 user not visiting Queenzone.com
angermair73
Bohemian: 145 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Nov 10, 14:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hammer to fall - On the Wembley 86 DVD - Excellent!


What a great band!
Queen Matt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 107 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Nov 10, 15:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I Love Teo Torriate In Japan 82,Its on disc 2 of Live at the bowl

jamster1111 user not visiting Queenzone.com
jamster1111
Bohemian: 844 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Nov 10, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haha definitely not teo torriate from tokorzawa 1982.


It's late, but it's time to set me free

It's late, yes I know but there's no way it has to be

Too late, so let the fire take our bodies this night

So late, so let the waters take our guilt in the t
Gregsynth user is on Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3169 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Nov 10, 19:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What's wrong with that version? :D


I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
freddiefan91 user not visiting Queenzone.com
freddiefan91
Bohemian: 399 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Nov 10, 02:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie shows a lot of energy during the Hammer to Fall performance at Wembley but i do love Radio Gaga and Crazy Little Thing Called Love at Live Aid

I would also put Somebody To Love and Play The Game from Live At The Bowl up near the top as well

master marathon runner user not visiting Queenzone.com
master marathon runner
Royalty: 1198 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Nov 10, 08:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yeah, not half ! - even though most fans were still in shock at the slant towards 'Funk', there was simply nobody on the planet to come up with this performance. Absolutely brilliant, and the cheek of Freddie vocalizing the trumpet parts- i thought the musicians unions would have been down on him like a ton of bricks.


Master Marathon Runner
master marathon runner user not visiting Queenzone.com
master marathon runner
Royalty: 1198 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Nov 10, 08:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

master marathon runner wrote: yeah, not half ! - even though most fans were still in shock at the slant towards 'Funk', there was simply nobody on the planet to come up with this performance. Absolutely brilliant, and the cheek of Freddie vocalizing the trumpet parts- i thought the musicians unions would have been down on him like a ton of bricks.
sorry, the above was a reply to  Big fish


Master Marathon Runner
Bigfish user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Nov 10, 11:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

master marathon runner wrote: master marathon runner wrote: yeah, not half ! - even though most fans were still in shock at the slant towards 'Funk', there was simply nobody on the planet to come up with this performance. Absolutely brilliant, and the cheek of Freddie vocalizing the trumpet parts- i thought the musicians unions would have been down on him like a ton of bricks.
sorry, the above was a reply to  Big fish
I remember Fred announcing it at the end of his 'only a bloody record' speech and immediately thinking that it was an unlikely live choice because of it's studio trickery but I needn't have worried as the live arrangement bought the dynamics of the track out perfectly and they were so on the money it wasn't true.

The other thing I remember is £5 for a carton of orange juice. Yes 5 - in 1982!!


Big Fish
paulosham user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon
paulosham
Bohemian: 655 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Nov 10, 17:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Crazy Little Thing on SNL is fucking awesome!


Don't shun it!
spandan user not visiting Queenzone.com
spandan
Champion: 69 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Nov 10, 19:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Staying Power is much more awesome on Leeds '82 than on Milton Keynes '82. That's one heck of a song live.
Play the game is also better on Leeds '82 show, heck I also prefer Somebody to love from this show.
Queen's 80's song in particular were much better live (Hot Space songs in particular).

I also love these:
Great King Rat performed in full. 1st May 1975 Tokyo, Japan.
Dragon Attack. This I love from Milton Keynes '82.
Stone Cold Crazy. Rainbow '75.
Ogre Battle. Hammersmith '79.
White Man. Earl's Court '77.


"MTV is not my cup of tea. Mainly because I don't like huge pieces of shit in my tea"
spandan user not visiting Queenzone.com
spandan
Champion: 69 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Nov 10, 20:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*Rainbow '74
Hammersmith '75

Oops.


"MTV is not my cup of tea. Mainly because I don't like huge pieces of shit in my tea"
Bigfish user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Dec 10, 02:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

spandan wrote: Staying Power is much more awesome on Leeds '82 than on Milton Keynes '82. That's one heck of a song live.
Play the game is also better on Leeds '82 show, heck I also prefer Somebody to love from this show.
Queen's 80's song in particular were much better live (Hot Space songs in particular).

I also love these:
Great King Rat performed in full. 1st May 1975 Tokyo, Japan.
Dragon Attack. This I love from Milton Keynes '82.
Stone Cold Crazy. Rainbow '75.
Ogre Battle. Hammersmith '79.
White Man. Earl's Court '77.

Where you at the Leeds show ?


Big Fish
spandan user not visiting Queenzone.com
spandan
Champion: 69 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Dec 10, 06:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bigfish wrote: spandan wrote: Staying Power is much more awesome on Leeds '82 than on Milton Keynes '82. That's one heck of a song live.
Play the game is also better on Leeds '82 show, heck I also prefer Somebody to love from this show.
Queen's 80's song in particular were much better live (Hot Space songs in particular).

I also love these:
Great King Rat performed in full. 1st May 1975 Tokyo, Japan.
Dragon Attack. This I love from Milton Keynes '82.
Stone Cold Crazy. Rainbow '75.
Ogre Battle. Hammersmith '79.
White Man. Earl's Court '77.

Where you at the Leeds show ?

I wish I was!! But I really do love that show, its specially much better than the more-popular Milton Keynes '82.


"MTV is not my cup of tea. Mainly because I don't like huge pieces of shit in my tea"
Bigfish user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Dec 10, 06:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

spandan wrote: Bigfish wrote: spandan wrote: Staying Power is much more awesome on Leeds '82 than on Milton Keynes '82. That's one heck of a song live.
Play the game is also better on Leeds '82 show, heck I also prefer Somebody to love from this show.
Queen's 80's song in particular were much better live (Hot Space songs in particular).

I also love these:
Great King Rat performed in full. 1st May 1975 Tokyo, Japan.
Dragon Attack. This I love from Milton Keynes '82.
Stone Cold Crazy. Rainbow '75.
Ogre Battle. Hammersmith '79.
White Man. Earl's Court '77.

Where you at the Leeds show ?

I wish I was!! But I really do love that show, its specially much better than the more-popular Milton Keynes '82.
If you weren't there it's rather difficult to discuss with a common frame of reference.


Big Fish
MercurialFreddie user not visiting Queenzone.com
old fashioned dandy
MercurialFreddie
Bohemian: 804 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Dec 10, 10:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To Gregsynth:

I think that Freddie in Stuttgart 84' nailed "searching for love..." in contrast to Brussels which is an excellent performence if you compare the reproduction of the song sections etc. than Brussels is like 1:1 except for the one small minus mentioned.