Forums > Queen collecting and trading > Is the vinyl version of "At The Beeb" rare or not?

forum rss feed
Author

AlexRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1358 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Dec 10, 10:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do you all know if the vinyl version of "At The Beeb" is rare or not?    Thanks for letting me know and have a good day!

Sincerely,
AlexKx

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3053 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 10, 03:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wouldn't put it on my immediate wants list and I don't think it's anything special, but I have only seen about 5 copies of it on vinyl in the last few years and it usually fetches around £50-£70 on ebay.

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
people on streets user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1313 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 10, 21:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

50-80?
Yeah right.

I bought it 2 years ago for 25 including shipping.
It often sells for around 20 pounds.

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=queen+at+the+beeb&x=0&y=0

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 05 Dec 10, 17:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

people on streets wrote: 50-80?
Yeah right.

I bought it 2 years ago for 25 including shipping.
It often sells for around 20 pounds.

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=queen+at+the+beeb&x=0&y=0

Yeah, two years ago.  I got is for £10 10 years ago, so what?  The last couple on ebay has fetched over £50.  One was £70.  I know because the guy who wanted to buy mine has fetched those prices.  I have literally only seen about five of them in the last couple of years, all of them on ebay.  It's been about a decade since I've seen it in any second hand store, and I travel the length and bredth of the country record hunting.  But, as I say, I've never regarded it as anything  special and wouldn't pay any more than the £20 you've said.

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 05 Dec 10, 17:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just checked that popsike link, and there has been five in 2010 (not counting the "test pressings" and picture discs) - of them, only one was mint and hit £69.  The one closest to that was £40 whilst the ones hitting £20 weren't as good. All the other listings were from around 2006-2008.

little foetus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 500 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 10, 04:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have this one, I think I have paid about 30 pounds for it and I don't think it worth much more. Nothing really rare...

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 10, 10:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I got mine a few months ago (off eBay, I'm pretty sure) and I paid about $25 USD including shipping to Mexico.
It's all a matter of finding a good offer and a bit of luck. Nobody else bid on it at that time.

I paid a bit less for an ivory colored LP of Made in Heaven and I have seen this one sell for a lot of money also.

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 10, 10:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My best purchases, however, may have been the following:

Liar/Doing All Right (US 7" single - NOT promo)
Keep Yourself Alive/Lily of the Valley/God Save the Queen (US 7" single - 1975 reissue)
AOBTD/Keep Yourself Alive (US 7" Spun Gold)
Bohemian Rhapsody/I'm in love with my car (US 7" Elektra regular issue)
Bohemian Rhapsody/The Show Must Go On (1992 HR re-issue)

All of these for $13.50 USD... including shipping to Mexico!!

I got these off a small record store through the Internet. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw LIAR and KEEP YOURSELF ALIVE for $1 and $2 USD. :)

Posted: 06 Dec 10, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thistleboy 1980 wrote: Just checked that popsike link, and there has been five in 2010 (not counting the "test pressings" and picture discs) - of them, only one was mint and hit £69.  The one closest to that was £40 whilst the ones hitting £20 weren't as good. All the other listings were from around 2006-2008.

Mint copy sold for 27 pounds few weeks ago...
http://www.popsike.com/QUEENAT-THE-BEEBRARE-UK-ORIG-1989-8-TRACK-LP-MINT-/160504893170.html

Posted: 06 Dec 10, 11:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perfect condition copy sold for 22 pounds. 
few months ago

http://www.popsike.com/Queen-at-the-beeb-Very-Rare-UK-LP/180554981867.html

Anyway, I think you get the point. It's like Wiley said: purchase at the right time an be patient. I think we  all agree this record is nothing special and one should not be paying more than 20-30 pounds for a mint copy....