Forums > Queen - General Discussion > I`m looking for a fans of concerts 70`s. I would like to chat with fans

forum rss feed
Author

Holmsey user not visiting Queenzone.com
Holmsey
Bohemian: 115 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 10, 15:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I remember watching the 1975 christmas concert live on the tv when i was 13,That was my first experience of Queen.
Then my first every concert i went to was indeed Queen at Hyde park in 1976, i was quite a way back, but it was still fantastic .

Thankyou....Thankyou and goodevening everybody.

Holmsey user not visiting Queenzone.com
Holmsey
Bohemian: 115 posts

Posted: 07 Dec 10, 15:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BTW ,
thought id slip in that i was one of the 900 that attended the we are the champions video shoot( and what a day that was)

Thankyou....Thankyou and goodevening everybody.

*goodco* user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1128 posts

Posted: 07 Dec 10, 17:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Was asked to be a designated driver for a Bob Seger concert in '76 at the Civic Center in Saginaw, MI.  When I asked who the warm-up band was, my friends said that Seger was the warm-up.    Queen was the headliner. 

I gladly drove.

In January  '77, was asked to help a friend and his wife move in Kalamazoo from an apartment to their new home.  Offered beer, pizza,  and  two tickets for a Thin Lizzy / Queen as payment.  Distance to travel was 150 miles.

We helped my friends move.

I think the concert tickets cost less than a case of beer back then.  Or, as Geddy Lee would say....'ten bucks is ten bucks, eh'.................

Can't help you on your discussion, but life was good back then.

"Discretionary posting is the better part of valor." Falstaff