Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Hyde park 1976

forum rss feed
Author

kruh user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 76 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Dec 10, 11:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi ! I am new at that forum, but i only got one question. Why was the
Hyde Park 76 newer released? I simply dont belive because of bad
quality.  I think that in our days, the music business have all the
tehnology to improve this show (if is realy such a bad qualuity)

I think that Queen fans all over the world must make pressure on the Queen
record house to do such a think. There is too much compilations, and
all we need is a good live album, and Hyde park is a very good live
show, so i suggest that we Queen fans do such a think.

 P. S. Sorry for my bad english!

kruh user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 76 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 10, 06:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So what can we do about it? I do not want yet another compilation or live album from the eighties. There is  enough of this kind of material. Do not get me wrong i love Montreal and Live at the Bowl, but there is nothing from the 70. This is not good and we must do something about that.
 Does anyone have any suggestions, something must be done, there is also a few
 other concerts in the seventies, which are worthy of official release. But please not live at the hammersmith, because playlist of the Hyde park and some other concerts is a lot better.

Thanks and best regards.

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 10, 06:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That concert does not feature Under Pressure, A Kind of Magic, Radio Ga Ga, I Want to Break Free, Another One Bites the Dust or Crazy Little Thing Called Love. QP think they wouldn't sell shite without those tracks. They're wrong, but do they care?


John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
kruh user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 76 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 10, 06:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So we have to make pressures on the group or the manegmant, but I do not know how. I can not do this alone. Hence, this must be linked to more people. Now is the perfect opportunity because it is approaching forty years anniversary of the group. We have to be intrusive, I see no alternative options.

Now is the time to do something!

Bigfish user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 10, 08:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've seen and heard bit and pieces over the years ('39, Bo rhap, Sweet lady, prophet song etc.) and frankly it's just not a good performance. Same goes for Hammy '75. I don't want to see QP or the band promoting inferior product just to satisfy die hard fans - it can only damage the bands reputation. Just be happy with the bootlegs on You tube..


Big Fish
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18636 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 10, 10:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote:

Radio Ga Ga, I Want to Break Free, Another One Bites the Dust


Do they actually realize that it's largely because of these very tracks that their popularity suffered in the US?  Most fans on this side of the pond remember the 70s Queen, not 80s Queen.  If there was a good DVD from their heyday to buy, maybe more people would appreciate them more and put them up there with the Stones, Zeppelin, etc.

Until then, to the man on the street they'll be that pop band with the moustached guy, instead of that innovative 70s rock band.


"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18636 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 10, 10:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bigfish wrote:

I've seen and heard bit and pieces over the years ('39, Bo rhap, Sweet lady, prophet song etc.) and frankly it's just not a good performance. Same goes for Hammy '75. I don't want to see QP or the band promoting inferior product just to satisfy die hard fans - it can only damage the bands reputation. Just be happy with the bootlegs on You tube..


Hyde Park is the closest thing to a bad show they ever did, since they were so nervous.  But most of the bad you hear on youtube is the recording - it's a really bad mix.  If they have the multitracks, they could make every song sound about as good as this -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PIherBOnYs

They've already cleaned up Hammersmith 75 and broadcast it on TV last year.


"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 10, 11:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote: Sebastian wrote:

Radio Ga Ga, I Want to Break Free, Another One Bites the Dust

Do they actually realize that it's largely because of these very tracks that their popularity suffered in the US?  Most fans on this side of the pond remember the 70s Queen, not 80s Queen.  If there was a good DVD from their heyday to buy, maybe more people would appreciate them more and put them up there with the Stones, Zeppelin, etc.

Until then, to the man on the street they'll be that pop band with the moustached guy, instead of that innovative 70s rock band.

Even in the states, Queen will alway's be considered One of the better Bands of all time.  Not the top 5 of the beatles, Stones, Zep, The Who, Hendrix, but the next pack of groups.  That will never change here.  At least worldwide they're considered a top 5 or 10 of the best.  I don't want to date myself, but i remember the late 70's clearly.  Queen were pretty freakin huge.   Everyone around my way loved them until Hot space. After That they were forgotten.  It's not like these days.  back then either you liked Rock or Disco.,   Queen fans felt betrayed,  a bit silly isn't it?.... but that's how youngster's were back then.......   Pop Stars like Duran Duran came around, and Rock fans Started to discover new hard rock/metal like Iron Maiden.

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 10, 11:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote: Bigfish wrote:

I've seen and heard bit and pieces over the years ('39, Bo rhap, Sweet lady, prophet song etc.) and frankly it's just not a good performance. Same goes for Hammy '75. I don't want to see QP or the band promoting inferior product just to satisfy die hard fans - it can only damage the bands reputation. Just be happy with the bootlegs on You tube..

Hyde Park is the closest thing to a bad show they ever did, since they were so nervous.  But most of the bad you hear on youtube is the recording - it's a really bad mix.  If they have the multitracks, they could make every song sound about as good as this -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PIherBOnYs

They've already cleaned up Hammersmith 75 and broadcast it on TV last year.

Great video of Sweet lady............

jamster1111 user not visiting Queenzone.com
jamster1111
Bohemian: 844 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 10, 12:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To be honest. It's probably because musically, the show wasn't very good but the environment was incredible. The main reason why they don't want to release it is because Freddie's singing at that show is off key in a lot of spots.


It's late, but it's time to set me free

It's late, yes I know but there's no way it has to be

Too late, so let the fire take our bodies this night

So late, so let the waters take our guilt in the t
Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 10, 12:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jamster1111 wrote: To be honest. It's probably because musically, the show wasn't very good but the environment was incredible. The main reason why they don't want to release it is because Freddie's singing at that show is off key in a lot of spots.

==================
His intonation was fine for the most part. My biggest complaint is the damn FLUTTERING on the video, but that mix/matrix that was shared awhile back was awesome (most of the fluttering was gone).

Then again, we were treated with Queen: Dubbed At Wembley, I think we can handle a few wrong notes (that are live) at Hyde Park.


I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
persuejder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 10, 14:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kruh ti si pa ziher slovenc :))))

persuejder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 10, 14:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well I think that hyde park is not in such poor quality. I belive that listening this version (I downloaded) is slide form that time, like old black/white picture. I can't see point to make it color. it has their own charm.

As the matter of fact I am happy to has this gig. Freddies falceto in "You take my breath away" is very rare (only Edinburg has is too).

jamster1111 user not visiting Queenzone.com
jamster1111
Bohemian: 844 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 10, 14:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greg: Ya but even without the fluttering, he was still off key and songs like Sweet Lady and Flick of the Wrist we're unstable as hell especially with background vocals. If you feel you can't go by the soundboard, just listen to the audience recording. Hyde Park won't be released the same reason why Earls Court won't released. The quality and remastering is not an issue. The real issue is their overall background vocals.


It's late, but it's time to set me free

It's late, yes I know but there's no way it has to be

Too late, so let the fire take our bodies this night

So late, so let the waters take our guilt in the t
kruh user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 76 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 10, 14:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ej persuejder. Sem Slovenec saj vidiš, da se matram s to anglešcino. To, da sem kruh nisem mel pojma, foruma nisem še uporabljal. No kaj praviš na to, misliš, da bo kaj iz tega. Malo verjetno ne. Pa naj izdajo kaj drugega iz sedemdesetih, ce že tega ne morejo. To kar eni pravijo, da gre za slabo kvaliteto vokalov najbrž ne drži saj so par pesmi uporabili na dvd- ju A night at the opera. Daj se oglasi kaj, ce te je volja.

Ajd pozdrav, se še kaj cujeva.

Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 10, 15:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jamster1111 wrote: Greg: Ya but even without the fluttering, he was still off key and songs like Sweet Lady and Flick of the Wrist we're unstable as hell especially with background vocals. If you feel you can't go by the soundboard, just listen to the audience recording. Hyde Park won't be released the same reason why Earls Court won't released. The quality and remastering is not an issue. The real issue is their overall background vocals.

============

Who cares about that stuff anyway? If you can't listen to a whole show without pinpointing stupid errors like being off key/unstable/wrong notes, then why watch a live concert? I'd take Hyde Park and Hammy 1975 over Dubbed At Wembley.

BTW, I have heard the audience recording (Msmamapapa), and the matrix/mix version (on my channel), the vocals are like 95% good. I think we should cut Queen a break because they organized the whole damn event, played for free, and they were nervous as hell (biggest audience of their career up to that point). I think Hyde Park was a great show considering the circumstances. Like what Bob said, most of the "off parts" were audio faults. Any other fault is just stupid to talk about.


I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
jamster1111 user not visiting Queenzone.com
jamster1111
Bohemian: 844 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 10, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greg: I never said anything about Hammersmith 1975. Now you're just bringing your usual strawman argument. Hammersmith 1975 is a fantastic concert musically. Yes I understand that they were extremely nervous because they were playing in front of 130,000 people for the biggest (so far) concert of their career (and hell, anyone would be nervous), but that's why it's not a good idea to release these types of things. Of course I could watch or listen to a concert without pinpointing certain mistakes or flubs, and I can't stand Dubbed and Wembley just as much as you, but still, I think it would have been much better if they would have filmed one of the Edinburgh gigs of 1976 or perhaps Cardiff, as those would probably make a much better release.

I'm still hoping one day that they'll release Rainbow '74, Hammy '75, or Hammy '79, as musically those concerts are incredible.


It's late, but it's time to set me free

It's late, yes I know but there's no way it has to be

Too late, so let the fire take our bodies this night

So late, so let the waters take our guilt in the t
Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 10, 19:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know you didn't bring up Hammy 1975, but the point is still valid because like Hyde Park, nervousness affected the band's performance in some way (it also didn't help that Freddie and Brian were ill). So I didn't straw-man argument!

As for Wembley, I like it--but there's better concerts on that tour that I would gladly take over that.


I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
MERQRY user not visiting Queenzone.com
MERQRY
Bohemian: 746 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 10, 23:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote: Bigfish wrote:

I've seen and heard bit and pieces over the years ('39, Bo rhap, Sweet lady, prophet song etc.) and frankly it's just not a good performance. Same goes for Hammy '75. I don't want to see QP or the band promoting inferior product just to satisfy die hard fans - it can only damage the bands reputation. Just be happy with the bootlegs on You tube..

Hyde Park is the closest thing to a bad show they ever did, since they were so nervous.  But most of the bad you hear on youtube is the recording - it's a really bad mix.  If they have the multitracks, they could make every song sound about as good as this -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PIherBOnYs

They've already cleaned up Hammersmith 75 and broadcast it on TV last year. 

Hey Bob! Anyway this Sweet lady footage (from the 25th ANATO 2° DVD) Not is from the QP master but from the " Don Kirshner's Rock Concert " Tapes... if you watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W1_X7337Ao you can see the mix (video and audio) is Equal...
so,i think Is probably (i hope) the QP master tapes with multitracks have much better quality (Or better audio mix at least ) that this sweet lady version

Greetings!


"I will destroy any man who dares abuse my trust" Freddie Mercury
jamster1111 user not visiting Queenzone.com
jamster1111
Bohemian: 844 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Dec 10, 23:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greg: IMO, Hammersmith 1975 is a much better performance than Hyde Park. Freddie's voice isn't as unstable.


It's late, but it's time to set me free

It's late, yes I know but there's no way it has to be

Too late, so let the fire take our bodies this night

So late, so let the waters take our guilt in the t