Forums > Queen - General Discussion > wtf was wrong with brian may?

forum rss feed
Author

lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Dec 10, 17:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

in the early 70's he was so skinny, was he just born skinny or was he anarexic or what im confused. me mom says he was that skinny because he was living on drugs which i doubt since he said on an interview he has NEVER taken drugs and never will, he says he thinks his head is messed up enough as it is without makeing it 1000 times worse, and he dosent smoke because his dad was addicted to it, im im glad he didnt take after his dad with smokeing, hes like me :P or im like him should i say.

anyway, why was he so skinny?

i know hepititus was probably one of them, but he was skinny before 1974 when he passed out on tour because of it (poor brian)

anyone know?

just curious, and worried

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6326 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Dec 10, 17:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian did comment that he felt bad because of that. The thing's actually a bit simple: just like some people are prone to being fat no matter what they do, others are prone to being thin, and Brian's on the latter group. Reason... there could be tons of them: genetics, hormones, metabolism, apetite... whatever it was, he solved it for his senior age and now he's normal for a 60-YO bloke.


John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
April Lady user not visiting Queenzone.com
April Lady
Champion: 80 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Dec 10, 18:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Genetics I expect - it's just the way some people are. I've never once thought that there was a sinister reason for it. Just Brian being Brian :)


Through a chink too wide there comes no wonder
lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Dec 10, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thank you :)

its good to see he's better now and healthy, but him wanting to be vegan in very worrying :/ but he's a scientist, he'll let fact come over belief hopefuly and realise putting himself at risk is not helping animals, just making matters worse.

and i guess people can just find it "normal" and i dont believe in this "fat generation family" crap, where if youre parents are fat you will be fat to, my mom, my brother and my sister are fat, and im not, im always dieting, i only eat when i need to, and if itds mild hunger i have a drink instead, i dont comfort eat, as soon as i start to feel the slightest bit full i stop, im scared about being like them but im not stupid enough to starve myself, i hate that feeling when u dont eat and wanna throw up, so i do eat but i dont eat to the point i cant move, only when i need to which is how it should be.  but im not model skinny, im about averge size. which is good, i feel more comfortable around people now.

though i should be like freddie and not give a damn what people think about me, its hard :/

VERY hard when someone is pushing you to your limit and just asking for a black eye (i have never hit anyone by the way, i push hard because im a lady)

jamster1111 user not visiting Queenzone.com
jamster1111
Bohemian: 844 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Dec 10, 20:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There was absolutely nothing wrong with him. He was never on any drugs and wasn't anorexic. He was just had a skinny body type when he was young, but he wasn't sick or anything. I'm the same way. I'm 6 feet and weigh 130 but I'm not anorexic or do any drugs. A lot of people are skinny throughout their teenage years and 20's, but then fill out later in life.


It's late, but it's time to set me free

It's late, yes I know but there's no way it has to be

Too late, so let the fire take our bodies this night

So late, so let the waters take our guilt in the t
lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Dec 10, 21:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

makes sence i guess because my sisters ex-boyfriend was so skinny! but he would eat so much and do no exersise at all, lucky git!

but he wasnt cute like Brian. Brian was born sexy

Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3183 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 10, 02:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But Freddie was sexier! lol


I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 10, 03:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lifetimefanofqueen wrote: thank you :)

its good to see he's better now and healthy, but him wanting to be vegan in very worrying :/ but he's a scientist, he'll let fact come over belief hopefuly and realise putting himself at risk is not helping animals, just making matters worse.

and i guess people can just find it "normal" and i dont believe in this "fat generation family" crap, where if youre parents are fat you will be fat to, my mom, my brother and my sister are fat, and im not, im always dieting, i only eat when i need to, and if itds mild hunger i have a drink instead, i dont comfort eat, as soon as i start to feel the slightest bit full i stop, im scared about being like them but im not stupid enough to starve myself, i hate that feeling when u dont eat and wanna throw up, so i do eat but i dont eat to the point i cant move, only when i need to which is how it should be.  but im not model skinny, im about averge size. which is good, i feel more comfortable around people now.

though i should be like freddie and not give a damn what people think about me, its hard :/

VERY hard when someone is pushing you to your limit and just asking for a black eye (i have never hit anyone by the way, i push hard because im a lady)

Well you can believe it or not, it still is true. Genetics play a major part in the way your body is built. If your parents are fat doesn't mean you have to be fat aswell, but it means you (can) have the genes that are able to steer your body towards a fat storing one. Doesn't mean you have to be fat, but you say you're always dieting, which confirms that your body tends to store the fats you consume.


"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."



(Genesis 1:1)
lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 10, 09:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

aye, thats why i try not to eat unless i need it, otherwise i just drink, i guess i got the same genes as my nan :P shes skinny

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6326 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 10, 11:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Still, if you're eating very little and are very conscious about it, maybe you are indeed prone to being fat, which is why you need to make such an extra effort to remain skinny. Had Brian in his 20's wanted to be fat (or at least average) or burly, he'd have to eat waaaaaaaaay more than a regular person.


John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 10, 13:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gregsynth wrote: But Freddie was sexier! lol
====================

oh this is war ;) lol

lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 10, 13:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote: Still, if you're eating very little and are very conscious about it, maybe you are indeed prone to being fat, which is why you need to make such an extra effort to remain skinny. Had Brian in his 20's wanted to be fat (or at least average) or burly, he'd have to eat waaaaaaaaay more than a regular person.

==============================================

ok,

McNulty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Good Po-lice
McNulty
Rocker: 25 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 10, 17:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He was just a skinny lad...

PrimeJiveUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 267 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 10, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He sure ain't skinny anymore! lol

lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Dec 10, 11:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PrimeJiveUSA wrote: He sure ain't skinny anymore! lol

===============================

but still sexy! ;)

freddiefan91 user not visiting Queenzone.com
freddiefan91
Bohemian: 399 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Dec 10, 12:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i agree with Greg
Freddie had a very sexy fit body

Brian looked fine in the 70s, mind u they were all skinny back then if u look at pictures of them

lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Dec 10, 16:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

freddiefan91 wrote: i agree with Greg
Freddie had a very sexy fit body

Brian looked fine in the 70s, mind u they were all skinny back then if u look at pictures of them

ok their all sexy!!!

and were all happy there :)

McNulty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Good Po-lice
McNulty
Rocker: 25 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Dec 10, 16:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seriously? Even Deacon?

Maybe that's where I'm going wrong.

lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Dec 10, 16:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

even deacon ;)

DaveyLane user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 69 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Jan 11, 08:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, but Brian looks as though he's thinned out a little over the last year or so. He looked pretty puffy around Q/PR time but now I reckon with the grey hair he looks like a distinguished chap in his early 60's

Of course people can be genetically skinny!