Forums > Queen collecting and trading > Queen A Kind Of Magic LP Signed

forum rss feed
Author

2011records user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 7 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Dec 10, 04:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Authentic 1986 Queen A Kind Of Magic Lp Signed.
Price - make your offer to 2011records@gmail.com

Attachment: 100128286214864.jpg 29 KB
This has been downloaded 227 time(s).

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3057 posts

Posted: 31 Dec 10, 04:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have no doubts at all that the LP is in fact authentic.  But who signed it?

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
Woody43 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 34 posts

Posted: 01 Jan 11, 06:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Looks ok to me, the Brian signature seems genuine, and the others look similar to other examples. They are more likely to be genuine than those on the Hot space thread IMHO.

people on streets user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1313 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 11, 04:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

fake.

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 04 Jan 11, 15:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Definite fakes.  The Brian one, admittedly, is the one that will fool everyone because it is well done......

unless Brian DID sign it and the others are faked to make it "fully" signed.

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
ajiba54 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 11, 06:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have some autographed Lps and for me it looks authentic

Posted: 10 Jan 11, 12:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thistleboy - Obviously you are a try hard collector that knows 'jackshit' about Queen & collecting. Go contribute sweet FA to other collectors threads thanks!!

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 10 Jan 11, 13:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

2011records wrote: Thistleboy - Obviously you are a try hard collector that knows 'jackshit' about Queen & collecting. Go contribute sweet FA to other collectors threads thanks!!

Oh, how very pleasant of you Mr. 2011records.  That's exactly the way to make friends AND sell your items.

For your information, I have been collecting Queen and related items for 20 years, and have one of the most  extensive collections in the country.  That doesn't happen by accident, and I would like to think I have picked up some knowledge along the way.  I have also been a record dealer for the past 12 years, and have had some real Queen gems in my hands (an original Blue Bohemian Rhapsody, an array of acetates and a fully signed gold RIAA award to name but a few)....and turned over some nice profits.  That, also, does not happen by accident. 

During this time, all sorts of fakes like the one you've posted have been offered to me on a regular basis - however, as an avid autograph collector, I also have several genuine handsigned Queen items, and DO know the fakes from the real deal.  If you don't, that's fine, let's not make it an issue.

If you believe your item is genuine, then you are entitled to try and sell it here, just like everyone else.  But the more educated ones on the forum will avoid obvious fakes - and this is a fake.  Also, just to point out, I'm not the only one who believes this.

So now that  you actually have contributed sweet FA to the forum, why don't you practice what you preach?

Was a pleasure meeting you.

Posted: 10 Jan 11, 15:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well said.

Posted: 10 Jan 11, 15:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My arse you have one of the most extensive collections in the country. Any twat can write I have a blue bo rhap blah blah blah...........

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 10 Jan 11, 16:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sure, anyone can write that crap.  I know.  Anyone can sign an LP and call it authentic as well.  The difference between you and I is that I say what I mean and mean what I say.  And at least I didn't have to resort to name-calling to show people what you are, you've managed that very well yourself.

Now get back under your bridge, the goats are escaping.

Posted: 12 Jan 11, 06:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

2011records wrote: My arse you have one of the most extensive collections in the country. Any twat can write I have a blue bo rhap blah blah blah...........

=============================

Go away from this site. We don't need fakes.

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 13 Jan 11, 09:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not strictly true, Kurgan.  Sure, it's possible to be fooled by a really good fake, or to even think that a real one is not genuine because it doesn't look right.  But then again, there are some obvious fakes and there are some really horrible fakes.  IMHO, this is an obvious fake.  Also, sometimes gut instinct just tells you it's not right.  When you spend long enough looking for autographs, you tend to be able to work out the genuine ones from the trash.  This is trash.

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 13 Jan 11, 13:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Kurgan - I've never claimed to be an expert, and, as I say, I see your point.  We can go round in circles all day over the topic, but my opinion is it's fake and I'm confident with that assessment.  I've been fooled (once) in the past by a set of signatures and I was determined it would never happen again - that was 10 years back, which gives a lot of research time.  It was 8 years before I bought my next set.  It's hard to explain, but after seeing a good eight year's worth of signatures, you kinda just get a feel for what's right and what's not.

thefallenqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
thefallenqueen
Bohemian: 699 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 11, 10:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A huge collection doesn't make an expert... I've seen thousands of
autographs by Queen over the years, imo this one is genuine, but I
don't want to drive this discussion to the max. Why don't you post some
genuine ones to prove the magic cover as fake??? I've seen Roger and
Brian in person sign weird autographs you would never give a pence for
- though they are the real deal. I've got a lot of 30 genuine Queen
autographs in my collection, for example a signed pair of Brian's black
leather trousers given to a charity auction with a certificate from
Sally Frost (former P.A. to Brian) that is genuine though it's not a
typical one. Other example: I've been to Montreux yesterday, Norbert is
selling a white hat signed by Freddie/Brian/Roger in is shop. I know he
sold some poor fakes in the past but this one is most likely real as
there's a picture of the owner wearing the hat and standing next to
Freddie. Seeing it alone on ebay for example I would have declared it
fake. If you haven't been there you can never be sure. By the way:
Freddies flat is beeing refurbished at the moment, unfortunately I
haven't seen the craftsmen to ask and have a look in it :-) And for all
who missed the Brasseria Bavaria - it has been re-built on the same
corner (but without the old spirit)...

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 28 Jan 11, 03:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thefallenqueen wrote: 1 - A huge collection doesn't make an expert...
2 - Why don't you post some genuine ones to prove the magic cover as fake???

1 - I've never, anywhere, said that it does.  The original poster said I knew "jack shit" about Queen.  I merely pointed out I have been collecting for around 20 years, and must have picked some knowledge up along the way.

2- I have actually sold all my autographs (apart from a Paul Rodgers one lol)  and so have none to post.  Even if I did, it wouldn't prove anything.  I've always said that the Brian signature on the magic LP in question looks good, it's the others that don't seem right. 

Anyway, note the original poster has never been back!  If I knew the item I was selling was the genuine article, I'd still be advertising - regardless of a few negative comments.

Kmar9070 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts

Posted: 17 Apr 11, 16:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

don't let any of these fools who maybe have bought a couple autographs in their lives tell you that this autograph is fake, it is 100% authentic and hand signed by the said members of queen. I hate when people who know very little about autographs try and prove people's autographs to be fake, losing them money. I have over $150,000 worth of autographs and have some of the rarest autographs in the world, and I have looked at 100,000's of autographs. trust me this one is real, don't listen to any of the fools on here/.

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 18 Apr 11, 18:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who the fuck are you?  Your first post here is to call me a fool, some three months after the argument has ended and well after the original poster (the guy trying to sell it) has disappeared.

thefallenqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
thefallenqueen
Bohemian: 699 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 11, 11:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://cgi.ebay.de/Queen-Autogramm-Original-Schallplatte-signiert-rar-/190527624206?pt=Autogramm_Autograph&hash=item2c5c54d40e

just found this joke on ebay... a certificate saying signed album from "The Queen and signed by "all four", seems these fakers have no idea what they're doing...

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 29 Apr 11, 13:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just the other week, I reported a "signed" Queen SHA LP to ebay, telling them I found it suspicious - they ignored this, and the item sold.  By the freakiest of coincidences, the very same LP ended up in MY hands yesterday, because it was actually a regular at my shop who bought it and wanted to sell it on!!!!  I told him my story, and told him I was fairly confident that it was fake....BUT, it had a COA, with a link to the vendor's website.  I told him that meant nothing, and to go back home and check the COA out and, lo and behold, the website did NOT exist and, after just one e-mail to the vendor with a threat about paypal, they have agreed to refund him.  Funny that, because if I knew my item was genuine, I'd allow paypal in.....

And I know "jack-shit", apparently.