Forums > Queen collecting and trading > Please help Hot Space signed real or fake?

forum rss feed
Author

Joey2504 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Joey2504
Champion: 71 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Dec 10, 11:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello Folks,

Please, around your opinions. I search for a long time a signed Hot Space. Today I received an offer. Here a scan:

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5169/img44972.jpg

what do you think. really or wrong. Or if you cannot decide I suppose fake, however, am not sure.

Here this signature is real 100%
in my personal collection. I do not sell !! Only for example

http://img329.imageshack.us/i/foto0146.jpg/

Sorry, the picture does not give any more.
The signature is from disintegrate very much threatened. From black became light grey :-( Luckily the ballpoint pen pressure is firmly in the cardboard.

Thank you for yours answer & Happy New Year@all

Sorry for my bad english ;-)

lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts

Posted: 31 Dec 10, 14:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it looks real.......

Woody43 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 34 posts

Posted: 01 Jan 11, 06:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not convinced about the signatures, John Deacon's stands out to me as being inconsistent with others I've seen.

ferdy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 176 posts

Posted: 01 Jan 11, 16:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

please don't buy it!

www.Queenmuseum.com

Collecting is everything!!!
Gr8 King Rat user not visiting Queenzone.com
go Cubs go!
Gr8 King Rat
Bohemian: 423 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 11, 20:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It looks fake to me!

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 11, 21:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Unless you were there when it was signed, why bother?

There's no way to know for sure, and the people who signed it didn't do that for you.  I'd set my sights a little lower.  I'm sure that John Waite would be happy to autograph a Bad English CD for you anytime.

mandocello user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 51 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 11, 13:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To paraphrase Bad English - when I see you post, Micro, I see a ray of light.

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3057 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 11, 15:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am 100% certain that all these signatures are fake.  Please do not pursue buying the LP, you would only be wasting your cash, whilst also encouraging the cunt who is trying to scam you to churn out some more.

I really don't understand why so many people fall for obvious fakes like this on an almost daily basis, especially on fucking ebay where they are rife - and the fat cats at that company allow it, too.  People are even buying PRINTS of fakes.  AAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Rant over.

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
people on streets user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1313 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 11, 05:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

fake.

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 10 Jan 11, 17:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote: Unless you were there when it was signed, why bother?

Hi Microwave, how you keeping?  It's been a while!

Why bother? - I suppose it's just wanting to own a bit of history. I mean, we weren't there when they recorded their albums, but we still want to hear them lol.   Obviously, it's not possible to meet every single one of your heroes (some are lucky to meet any at all), but it is nice to own something they signed, it doesn't matter if you were there to get it in person.  I never got the chance to meet Freddie as I was too young to get anywhere near Queen, but it just feels good having his signature in my collection.

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 13 Jan 11, 10:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kurgan, you've made the samepoint in each of these threads, we get what you're saying man.  Point is, you can.  Not always, granted, but a fair whack of the time.  Like I say, when you spend long enough hunting down autographs, particularly if it's someone specific, you can pick up some pretty decent hints about what's real or not.  In each case you've asked this question, they have been obvious fakes.  A bit of research goes along way.

Vanaisa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 11, 14:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

100 % FAKE!!!!

Joey2504 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Joey2504
Champion: 71 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 11, 12:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you all!  My suspicion has been confirmed. The signatures are faked.

And now I have another offer of a signed Magic LP. From a shop assistant I know for over 10 years. I think the signatures are real. What do you mean?

Attachment: 1120201352781698.jpg 830 KB
This has been downloaded 22 time(s).

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 21 Jan 11, 05:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kurgan100 wrote: Right.

They are either good or bad fakes or good or bad genuine autographs.

Hope I have made myself clear this time.

What I am trying to say  is there is no way YOU can ever be sure they are 100% genuine.

Get it?

Right Kurgan, I am going to be frank and to the point with you.  I hope you understand.  Your comments on this are becoming monotonous.  We understand what you're saying.  We are not thick.  I have already acknowledged that you have a point.  We know that there's no way of being 100% certain.  But  You don't have to be so fucking patronising when making your point.  DO YOU GET THAT???

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 21 Jan 11, 05:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Joey2504 wrote: Thank you all!  My suspicion has been confirmed. The signatures are faked.

And now I have another offer of a signed Magic LP. From a shop assistant I know for over 10 years. I think the signatures are real. What do you mean?

I was offered that exact same LP here on QZ for a simple trade.  That was 2 years ago.  Needless to say, he's still trying to get rid of it.  I hope that answers your question.

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 21 Jan 11, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kurgan100 wrote: Thistleboy 1980 wrote: Right Kurgan, I am going to be frank and to the point with you.  I hope you understand.  Your comments on this are becoming monotonous.  We understand what you're saying.  We are not thick.  I have already acknowledged that you have a point.  We know that there's no way of being 100% certain.  But  You don't have to be so fucking patronising when making your point.  DO YOU GET THAT???

Reply: I'll say what I like, get it?

You do whatever you need to do mate, for as long as you like and as long as you're happy.  Or at least until your carer puts you to bed for another night.

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 22 Jan 11, 16:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kurgan100 wrote: Thistleboy 1980 wrote: You do whatever you need to do mate, for as long as you like and as long as you're happy.  Or at least until your carer puts you to bed for another night.

Reply:

Yes I will  thanks, and I don't need your permission either.

Unlike you, I won't resort to swearing or insults.

My comments on autographs are based on fact, not guess work like you.

You can't seem to make up your mind, as one minute you are 100% certain something is fake, and the next  you agree you can never be sure on authenticity.

I would also like to be frank,  I think anyone who considers buying an autograph is foolish, as is anyone who claims to verify their authenticity (unless they are the seller of course!)

A good fake will fool you, and you will never even know.

If you think I am being patronizing, that's your affair. I think I am just being blunt and straight to the point.

I do hope you understand.

=============================================================================================

I wasn't giving you permission, I was just stating that it's up to you to do what you want as long as you're happy!

RE the swearing - good point, I could have put MY point over better.  I didn't need to retaliate with an insult either.  But I must correct you when you say that you won't resort to insults - talking down to someone IS insulting.  It doesn't matter how you dress it up (i.e you're only "being blunt"), ending a sentence with "get it?" is patronising and I don't think there's a need for it.  Sure, get "straight to the point", but please don't try and belittle folk in the process.  Petty comments aside, you can't always just say what you want mate.  If we went by that logic, then my swearing at you and insulting you was just as valid. I hope that's not the way we are going to continue to be with each other.

Thank you for pointing out the flaw in my comments on authenticity.  But by way of explaination, I CAN make up my mind - my sentence should have said that there's no way of ALWAYS being certain (although I had already said that previously in the thread). However, I stand by my statement that there are OBVIOUS fakes and that the signatures in question are obvious fakes. I am very confident on that.

I have always agreed you with that a good fake will fool you, but I wish you would accept that there are ones that are just laughable and you KNOW they're not right.

I wouldn't say that collecting autographs is "foolish". Neither is anyone who offers an opinion on an autograph's authenticity.  At the end of the day, it's just that - an opinion - and everyone is entitled to that.

I hope that we can just agree to disagree? 

I know that it's not always possible to get on with each other all the time, and arguments will happen.  Can we call it quits on this one? 

I'm offering you the hand of friendship...

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 23 Jan 11, 08:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think that would be fun, too.  Now remember, I never said I was an expert, it's all about opinions.  But I'll give it a go!  If you want to send pics, my e-mail address is jamesgilchrist10@yahoo.com

As a side note, I think I should let you know that one of my mates is a handwriting expert, and another an autograph dealer lol

Cheers Kurgan

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 11, 15:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fake. That's not Roger Taylor, it's just a bunch of letters spelling out his name. The real Roger Taylor is much bigger than that.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 23 Jan 11, 16:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's a good one, and I would never try and offer advice when I'm not sure.  It may be a fake of an early Roger signature but It is very neat handwriting, and the first "R" in Roger looks good as does the "g" and the "T".  That said, I could do that myself (not to pull off a scam lol).  The rest is not consistent with anything else I've seen, but the letters I've pointed out do look good.  I would have avoided it to be on the safe side as it is not an obvious fake, but it doesn't scream genuine either.  Unsure.  Nice start Kurgan!