Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Does anyone know...

forum rss feed
Author

iluvqueen46 user not visiting Queenzone.com
iluvqueen46
Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 14 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jan 11, 23:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does anyone know what religion Brian, Roger, and John are? I know Freddie wasZoroastrianism but I can't seem to find anywhere what religion they are. Please help!

FBRJ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 11, 04:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie's parents were Zoroastrianism, but Freddie actually didn't have any religion.

One Vision
iluvqueen46

Posted: 03 Jan 11, 07:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I already said I knew that. I just want to know what religion Brian, Roger, and John were.

YannickJoker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 297 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 11, 12:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Deacon used to send his children to a catholic school, but that doesn't say anything about his own religion per se.

lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 11, 13:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

roger wasnt religious at all, listen to "the unblinking eye" he says "god woulf weap, if he existed"
and he said once "dont like religion tends to fuck people up.....

brian i read from  an interview, isnt very religious either :/ not sure what religion though, sorry cookie :(

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18629 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 11, 13:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian strikes me as being more spiritual rather than religious.  He once referred to the classic serenity prayer on his soapbox, but preferred to see the word "God" as whoever or whatever is in control of things you cannot control.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 11, 14:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fred wrote Jesus and Mad The Swine, which suggests he was religious, or at least used to be.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3053 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 11, 16:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote: Fred wrote Jesus and Mad The Swine, which suggests he was religious, or at least used to be.

That is a fair point, Holly.   Also, wasn't Fred taught by nuns?  That doesn't sound too Zoroastrian lol.  Freddie hated that religion if my memory of various books on him serves me correctly.  As for the rest of the band, I'm sure John is Catholic but not so sure about Brian and Roger.  The assumption that Roger is not religious makes sense if you go by certain song lyrics.

The band name Queen is quite an interesting one to drop into this discussion as well - we all know about the connotations regarding sexuality, but it is also very regal and suggests loyalism to the British monarchy as well, a notion closely linked with protestantism.  Well, at least in Scotland it is.  I'm not saying that this is a strict rule of thumb, but it tends to be the case, at least as far as I can see.

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
iluvqueen46

Posted: 03 Jan 11, 17:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thistleboy 1980 wrote: Holly2003 wrote: Fred wrote Jesus and Mad The Swine, which suggests he was religious, or at least used to be.

That is a fair point, Holly.   Also, wasn't Fred taught by nuns?  That doesn't sound too Zoroastrian lol.  Freddie hated that religion if my memory of various books on him serves me correctly.  As for the rest of the band, I'm sure John is Catholic but not so sure about Brian and Roger.  The assumption that Roger is not religious makes sense if you go by certain song lyrics.

The band name Queen is quite an interesting one to drop into this discussion as well - we all know about the connotations regarding sexuality, but it is also very regal and suggests loyalism to the British monarchy as well, a notion closely linked with protestantism.  Well, at least in Scotland it is.  I'm not saying that this is a strict rule of thumb, but it tends to be the case, at least as far as I can see. Yeah that is true. I don't think though that Freddie was taught by nuns.  Jesus though isn't in the Zorostrian faith so I don't know. I know John's wife is a very devout Cathoilc but I can see John as a Catholic also. Roger I know just hates religious people. Once though Brian used God a lot of times in something he was saying and talked about the Episcopalian faith so I'm not sure. 

I thought about the name Queen  in religious terms also but never came up into a conclusion.

Thanks everyone :)

master marathon runner user not visiting Queenzone.com
master marathon runner
Royalty: 1237 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 11, 17:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FBRJ wrote: Freddie's parents were Zoroastrianism, but Freddie actually didn't have any religion.

Freddie was zoroastrianism.

Master Marathon Runner
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6326 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 11, 17:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

> Freddie was zoroastrianism.

No, he wasn't. A person isn't a religion. He was Zoroastrian. He followed (or paid lip service to) Zoroastrianism.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 11, 03:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote: Brian strikes me as being more spiritual rather than religious.  He once referred to the classic serenity prayer on his soapbox, but preferred to see the word "God" as whoever or whatever is in control of things you cannot control.

Brian said in an interview that he uses the word God in the way Einstein, Darwin and Hawking use it. As a word to describe the laws of physics and nature. Not as a deity that controls or creates.
I believe he said it in the one hour TV interview from a year ago with the guy from Status Quo (?).

I think neither of them was religious, I know Brian and John got married in a Catholic Church if I'm not mistaken, but that doesn't make them religious either. They could've done that because of tradition, because of their parents or who knows what other reasons.
Although my parents were and are atheists as a child I was forced into the Catholic database by baptism. Not because they were religious but because they were also baptised (although also not raised into a religion) because their parents were baptised, and so on.

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 04 Jan 11, 04:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote: > Freddie was zoroastrianism.

No, he wasn't. A person isn't a religion. He was Zoroastrian. He followed (or paid lip service to) Zoroastrianism.

If you read the Freddie Tributes (do they still excist on QZ?) you tend to think that Freddie was Mercurianism.

Mercurianists are strange people, they sleep with their beds towards Zanzibar and they listen only to His music. They have to go to Garden Lodge and Montreux at least once in their lives.
They also have the tendency to be aggressive toward people who don't like every single thing He did.

On the first day He moveth to England
On the second day He created Queen
On the third day He said "I'm not going to be a star, I'm going to be a legend!"
On the fourth day, He wrote Bohemian Rhapsody
On the fifth day, He rocketh Live Aid
On the sixth day, He contracteth AIDS
On the seventh day He choketh on a mango and ascended back to Mercury

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
jpf user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 710 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 11, 01:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FriedChicken wrote: Sebastian wrote: > Freddie was zoroastrianism.

If you read the Freddie Tributes (do they still excist on QZ?) you tend to think that Freddie was Mercurianism.

Mercurianists are strange people, they sleep with their beds towards Zanzibar and they listen only to His music. They have to go to Garden Lodge and Montreux at least once in their lives.
They also have the tendency to be aggressive toward people who don't like every single thing He did.

On the first day He moveth to England
On the second day He created Queen
On the third day He said "I'm not going to be a star, I'm going to be a legend!"
On the fourth day, He wrote Bohemian Rhapsody
On the fifth day, He rocketh Live Aid
On the sixth day, He contracteth AIDS
On the seventh day He choketh on a mango and ascended back to Mercury

----

Mercury 19:91

"Thou shall not eat the forbidden fruit, the mango, lest ye spend eternal hell gagging on its poison flesh."

"Every night's a party at Melina's mansion!"