Forums > Personal > Pete Postlethwaite RIP

forum rss feed
Author

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jan 11, 06:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fuck!!! Fuck!!!! Fuck!!!!

I hate starting off the year like this.


John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
-fatty- 2850 user not visiting Queenzone.com
-fatty- 2850
Deity: 2029 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jan 11, 07:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm afraid that I'd have to agree with goodolfashionedloverboy. Pete Postelthwaite may have been one of the finest character actors this country has ever seen but he was certainly no Freddie Mercury and for that reason alone, I hope he rots in hell.

fatty.

JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jan 11, 11:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

this means that Sky Movies now have the excuse to show The Usual Suspects and Jurassic Park 2 every day for the rest of the year as a tribute to him just as they've shown Jaws non-stop for the last year as a tribute to Roy Scheider...


isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

Amazon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 996 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jan 11, 11:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OMG. I had no idea until I saw this thread. First Dennis Hopper last year, now Pete Postlethwaite.


He was wonderful. His performance in In the Name of the Father was heartwrenching. He was also superb in The Usual Suspects, and in almost all of the films in which I've seen him, he was consistently great. The Town was the latest example of his greatness.

Horrible. RIP

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jan 11, 11:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This year is shaping up to be a bad one.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Amazon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 996 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jan 11, 11:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

-fatty- wrote: "I'm afraid that I'd have to agree with goodolfashionedloverboy. Pete Postelthwaite may have been one of the finest character actors this country has ever seen but he was certainly no Freddie Mercury and for that reason alone, I hope he rots in hell."


I was going to write a scathing response to goodolfashionedloverboy, but your brilliant response says it all! :D


YannickJoker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 297 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jan 11, 12:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Damn you Brian!

Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jan 11, 16:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JoxerTheDeityPirate wrote: this means that Sky Movies now have the excuse to show The Usual Suspects and Jurassic Park 2 every day for the rest of the year as a tribute to him just as they've shown Jaws non-stop for the last year as a tribute to Roy Scheider...

Where I live, the television stations don't even bother looking for a reason to show Jaws non-stop. It comes on some cable channel multiple times each weekend. The same with the Godfather movies.


Back whenever
JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jan 11, 05:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sergei. wrote: JoxerTheDeityPirate wrote: this means that Sky Movies now have the excuse to show The Usual Suspects and Jurassic Park 2 every day for the rest of the year as a tribute to him just as they've shown Jaws non-stop for the last year as a tribute to Roy Scheider...

Where I live, the television stations don't even bother looking for a reason to show Jaws non-stop. It comes on some cable channel multiple times each weekend. The same with the Godfather movies. reply:
i share your anguish :-p
i think i know the dialogue off by heart now..


isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jan 11, 07:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JoxerTheDeityPirate wrote: Sergei. wrote: JoxerTheDeityPirate wrote: this means that Sky Movies now have the excuse to show The Usual Suspects and Jurassic Park 2 every day for the rest of the year as a tribute to him just as they've shown Jaws non-stop for the last year as a tribute to Roy Scheider...

Where I live, the television stations don't even bother looking for a reason to show Jaws non-stop. It comes on some cable channel multiple times each weekend. The same with the Godfather movies. reply:
i share your anguish :-p
i think i know the dialogue off by heart now.. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"She broke my heart!"

Anyway, I would've thought where you live, Jaws is shown like a public safety announcement:

Beach users are reminded to swim between the flags.
Lifeguards are on duty between 9-7 pm
Watch out for basking sharks: they're not very discriminating.
Don't touch any radioactive floaties that've migrated down the Irish Sea from Sellafield.
Oh, and due to global warming, Mediterranean great whites can now be seen in the paddling pool.


"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jan 11, 08:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote: JoxerTheDeityPirate wrote: Sergei. wrote: JoxerTheDeityPirate wrote: this means that Sky Movies now have the excuse to show The Usual Suspects and Jurassic Park 2 every day for the rest of the year as a tribute to him just as they've shown Jaws non-stop for the last year as a tribute to Roy Scheider...

Where I live, the television stations don't even bother looking for a reason to show Jaws non-stop. It comes on some cable channel multiple times each weekend. The same with the Godfather movies. reply:
i share your anguish :-p
i think i know the dialogue off by heart now.. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"She broke my heart!"

Anyway, I would've thought where you live, Jaws is shown like a public safety announcement:

Beach users are reminded to swim between the flags.
Lifeguards are on duty between 9-7 pm
Watch out for basking sharks: they're not very discriminating.
Don't touch any radioactive floaties that've migrated down the Irish Sea from Sellafield.
Oh, and due to global warming, Mediterranean great whites can now be seen in the paddling pool.
reply:
at this time of the year all the lifeguards are sitting on a beach somewhere in the colonies and The Maid Nora [the boat] is having her barnacles scrubbed off her bottom and a lick of paint so the sea and the man eating basking sharks can have Mounts Bay all to themselves [except that they are up in Jockland this time of the year].
however i did notice that Jaws was once again on sky this morning so there is no escape..


isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jun 11, 00:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Looking back, he did look like death warmed up in Inception, but I sort of assumed that was because he was playing a terminally ill man.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Thistleboy1980 user is on Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jun 11, 21:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They missed him out in the "ones we lost in the last year" segment of the baftas the other week.  Gutted.


It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!