Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Queen songs that sample other songs and vice versa?

forum rss feed
Author

Kacoblin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Kacoblin
Bohemian: 108 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jan 11, 01:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just a question that has peaked my curiosity for quite some time. I'll be listening to something today on the radio, and it'l suddenly become transparent. Then I suddenly can clearly hear one of Queen's riffs being knicked right off amongst my sensitive little ear lobes. it seems that's the case [here's the gun men come to shoot the messanger] with Queen as well.
I'm not entirely sure song for song, though I was hoping other fellow Queen philosphers could hypothesis this for me.
It seems like a fun little project. I know i'm far too much of a sloth to research every Queen song, and sample other various modern tracks from today. Just to compare the two and draw some conclusion to their connection. It's just far too time consuming.

Kacoblin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Kacoblin
Bohemian: 108 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 11, 01:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Minor intricate detail I left out. I meant to say even Queen probably sampled other artists work.

freddiefan91 user not visiting Queenzone.com
freddiefan91
Bohemian: 399 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 11, 02:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I dont know if this is what you mean but i think Queen took a little bit of inspiration from Video killed the radio Star for Radio Gaga even though Roger said it was partly about something his son said

and we know about Vanilla Ice sampling the bass line ofr Ice Ice Baby from Under PRessure

david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2020 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 11, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ice ice baby.vanilla ice
good times.chic.

Daniel Nester user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daniel Nester
Bohemian: 735 posts

Posted: 07 Jan 11, 21:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is the best resource I've come across:

http://www.whosampled.com/artist/Queen/

God Save My Queen and God Save My Queen II | Soft Skull Press | http://www.danielnester.com
Angelo West user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 11, 14:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Joe Jackson's "stepping out" sounds alot like "keep passing the open windows" from The works.
Other than the little piano sentiment sounding similar, they're two completely different songs almost entirely.

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 11, 20:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Angelo West wrote: Joe Jackson's "stepping out" sounds alot like "keep passing the open windows" from The works.
Other than the little piano sentiment sounding similar, they're two completely different songs almost entirely.
==========================

The piano sentiment and the chorus both strongly recall 'Steppin' Out' to my sensibilities.  It's not something I read and then assessed. It's something that  leapt out of nowhere for me on first listen to KPTOW.  It's there significantly enough I think.

ITSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1021 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 11, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Beanie Sigel - All for it (I Want it All)
U-God - Rumble (Another One Bites the Dust)

Chuck Norris never sleeps, he waits...