forum rss feed
Author

guild93 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Melbourne, Australia
guild93
Bohemian: 310 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 11, 22:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A while back it was noted that a fragment of Hammer To Fall was on the official Tribute DVD but on closer look there are actually several (sorry if these have already been noted). These are also in addition to the bit (probably from Tutti Frutti) that Miklos posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2EZRnQrBDU

(sorry one of the segments are in there twice)

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 11, 22:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's actually quite hypnotic if you listen to it a few times in a row!

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 11, 03:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can I know what's the source ? It looks like film

Melbourne, Australia
guild93

Posted: 09 Jan 11, 03:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All from the Freddie Tribute bonus DVD, filmed by the Doro team

pittrek

Posted: 09 Jan 11, 05:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have already used all of them except the second one - any idea which song it is ? Definitely something from the second half of the show, I have to check it later

Melbourne, Australia
guild93

Posted: 09 Jan 11, 05:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No idea Peter. So you've identified which songs the rest of the clips are from? I haven't checked yet.

pittrek

Posted: 09 Jan 11, 05:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The first clip (Freddie bending over) is the beginning of Hammer To Fall.
The second is unknown.
The third clip is from the instrumental part of Hammer To Fall
The fourth clip is the same as the first one, maybe a few seconds later / before.
The fifth is the end of HTF
The sixth clip comes after Bohemian Rhapsody

Melbourne, Australia
guild93

Posted: 09 Jan 11, 16:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually I think the last two clips are both from Bo Rhap (a few seconds apart) as you can see Freddie nodding to the audience and then saluting a few moments later

pittrek

Posted: 10 Jan 11, 00:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm absolutely sure I got them correct, because I compared them with the audience video

queen79luca user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 179 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 11, 05:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok guys, we already discuss it many many times, but..I would like to ask Brian now where these bits come from ???

He said that no-one press the Red button for recording the show..this is a prove, A FACT that is not true!

Professional shooting taked probably from the 2 cameras at the beginning of the stage, one left, one right of the cat walk.

He also add that bits were recorded. Ok, but this is not a DO-RO shooting and if bits were recorded they start to shoot Hammer to fall?..and if thay have got Hammer to fall why not what s before?..the theory of no one press the red botton of recording it falls here.....

What do u think ?

pittrek

Posted: 10 Jan 11, 06:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As I wrote many times already , these pro-shot bits are (almost ? ) identical to the footage which was shown on the big screen. And don't forget that DoRo has AT LEAST the full second half of the concert filmed (from Is This The World We Created to God Save The Queen)

emrabt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1118 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 11, 07:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He also add that bits were recorded. Ok, but this is not a DO-RO shooting and if bits were recorded they start to shoot Hammer to fall?..and if thay have got Hammer to fall why not what s before?..the theory of no one press the red botton of recording it falls here.....
=======================================

Queen productions have nothing, I believe that's true. But DoRO have a whole bunch of stuff from knebworth, this is fact, Queen Productions are just not interested in paying for it to be sorted, so it's probably lumped together with everything else as "magic tour".
Speculation but they may have even had a recorder patched into the big screen for a few bits, not the full concert but a song or two, it's not Totally unreasonable to think that they’d want something from the screen for their non-existent documentary. However, If this were true, we would have seen something on a release somewhere.

Bad Seed user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bad Seed
Bohemian: 521 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 11, 07:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I also think it's unlikely they have the big screen footage, I'm sure it would have turned up on a documentary at some point if it still existed.

Around the time LAWS was released Brian said that they DID HAVE the footage fed to the screen, but it would never see the light of day because of bad camera angles etc. Within a fortnight the post was removed from his soapbox with no explaination. He was probably bombarded with email's demanding a release (I was one of them)! The next time Brian mentioned it, we got the 'nobody pressed record' story.

So either Brian was wrong about having the footage, or he doesn't want it released so says it was never recorded. Or (and quite possible with their track record) its been lost.

Posted: 10 Jan 11, 08:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian said that they DID HAVE the footage fed to the screen
======================================================

He said, like greg, that they have the footage "Filmed off the screen", in other words what we all have.

He later re-worded the post to make it clear that the feed TO the screen wasn't recorded.

Bad Seed user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bad Seed
Bohemian: 521 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 11, 08:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No he didn't. About 7-8 years ago he said on his soapbox that they had the video feed. He added that because the individual cameras were not actually recording, they couldn't edit the footage, and it was therefore not suitable for a release. All they had was what was sent to the screen live on the day. What he said was nothing to do with the audience recording.

Within a few weeks this post was removed for some reason? It was some years later he said that it was not recorded.

Posted: 10 Jan 11, 09:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No he didn't. About 7-8 years ago he said on his soapbox that they had the video feed.
=====================================
We can argue about this all you want, "the video feed" is what WE all have, it Could have meant that it was the raw screen footage, but since then it's been made extremely clear, it’s the film of the screen.

======================================
He added that because the individual cameras were not actually
recording, they couldn't edit the footage, and it was therefore not
suitable for a release. All they had was what was sent to the screen
live on the day.
====================================

Bingo, if it was the Raw screen feed it would be releasable, look at Montréal, they were unable to re-edit that. They
have the video of the screen; the one that looks like it's infested with scabies, which is totally unreleasable.

It’s the same thing he’s always said, but now he’s learnt to word it better. The footage from the cameras wasn’t recorded; we only have the video feed of the screen.

Blackthorne user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blackthorne
Champion: 80 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 11, 13:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In the video "The Show Must Go On"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ADh8Fs3YdU
3:34 it appears the same first clip that the first clip guild93 posted

here is another video from "In My Defence" not the 2000 version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc6PnKwll50
0:08 I think is Knebworth gig
2:38 is the same than the third clip that guild93 posted

A concert is not a live rendition of our album. It's a theatrical event.

Freddie Mercury
pittrek

Posted: 10 Jan 11, 13:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great catch with the In My Defence video. I have never seen the 0:08 segment. Where can I find the video in pre-YouTube quality, please ?

Val Lurex user not visiting Queenzone.com
Val Lurex
Deity: 2714 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 11, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmm, I always thought that bit on 8th second is from Budapest from Tie Your Mother Down.

"I really feel like being evil tonight."
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 11, 13:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Video from "the screen" would show obvious videotape artifacts that are not present in any of the 'pro' stuff that has been seen in snippets.  Two possibilities, here - Brian is telling the truth and the video was not recorded, OR the video was recorded and for some reason was never seen again by anyone.

Anyone who says otherwise is victim to their own wishful thinking.  I understand and empathise, but it's ultimately a self defeating way to live your life.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller