Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > ANNOUNCE: Brussels (6/17/1986) (Gregsynth Remaster) FLAC Torrent

forum rss feed
Author

Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Jan 11, 00:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Recently, Sir GH posted the master tape of this AWESOME Magic Tour show (thank you Bob). I am now posting a remaster of this master tape! The original concert ran about 15 cents slow (this has been corrected). I also have EQ'd it (did some mid boost, and some minor hiss reduction), and I made this concert into "stereo" (since the original recording was mono, I took each song, made a duplicate track, and pitched it up 1 cent in one channel--creating a stereo sound).

Set-list:

1. One Vision
2. Tie Your Mother Down
3. In The Lap Of The Gods...Revisited
4. Seven Seas Of Rhye
5. Tear It Up
6. A Kind Of Magic
7. Under Pressure
8. Another One Bites The Dust
9. Who Wants To Live Forever
10. I Want To Break Free
11. Impromptu
12. Guitar Solo
13. Now I'm Here
14. Love Of My Life
15. Is This The World We Created?
16. You're So Square
17. Hello Mary Lou
18. Tutti Frutti
19. Mustapha (Intro)
20. Bohemian Rhapsody
21. Hammer To Fall
22. Crazy Little Thing Called Love
23. Radio Ga Ga
24. We Will Rock You
25. Friends Will Be Friends
26. We Are The Champions
27. God Save The Queen

This show is filled with many wonderful moments: We have an awesome crowd, and since it's early in the tour, Freddie's voice is in great shape! He sings probably his best rendition of ITLOTG...Revisited on the tour (he doesn't yelp or shout the high notes in the intro, plus he sings them on closed vowel sounds--very rare), he also delivers excellent performances of Tear It Up, Under Pressure, AODTD, Now I'm Here, Love Of My Life, Bohemian Rhapsody (one of the best versions on the tour), We Will Rock You, and WATC!

Thanks goes to Sir GH for sharing this wonderful concert, and Olivier Feltgen for taping this concert!

ENJOY!!!

You will need a bittorrent client to download the music. For additional information, view the Bittorrent FAQ.

Please leave your window open when you have finished downloading so that other Queen fans can download.

This file will be customized for you when you download

Attachment: 113514635687937.torrent 26 KB

View Stats on this torrent

This has been downloaded 221 time(s).

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
tcc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1580 posts

Posted: 14 Jan 11, 01:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much and thanks to Sir GH.

Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth

Posted: 14 Jan 11, 01:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're welcome!

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
PBB user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1425 posts

Posted: 14 Jan 11, 03:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you both of you.

Look out, take care, there's a lot of music out there...
vivaqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
vivaqueen
Bohemian: 781 posts

Posted: 14 Jan 11, 03:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MERCI BEAUCOUP

Fabio Tosti user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 28 posts

Posted: 14 Jan 11, 07:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mediafire or Megaupload, please Greg =)

Tim June user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 364 posts

Posted: 14 Jan 11, 07:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much for this special show!

life could be magic if we break free
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10070 posts

Posted: 14 Jan 11, 10:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice, thanks :-)

Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth

Posted: 14 Jan 11, 11:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll upload this to megaupload/mediafire today!

dive2063 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 200 posts

Posted: 14 Jan 11, 12:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

much thanks!

Stephane15 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 23 posts

Posted: 14 Jan 11, 12:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks to all people involved

The Real Wizard user is on Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18629 posts

Posted: 14 Jan 11, 14:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

(double post)

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth

Posted: 14 Jan 11, 15:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

(double post)

The Real Wizard

Posted: 14 Jan 11, 15:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the speed correction, but there are some issues here.  First off, this wasn't a mono recording.

Listen to one of the channels on its own and compare it to the master copy, and you'll hear that it's stereo sound.  And if you changed the pitch of only one channel, then the sound is actually changing throughout the show, as one channel is getting progressively faster than the other.  Your lineage is therefore misleading, as you actually changed the pitch in two different ways.  The proper way to create the chorus effect is to copy one channel over to the other, and move it over a hair... this way the timeline remains constant. 

You altered the tracks separately, which is a major no no... this created SBEs... i.e. clicks between the tracks.  You should always paste the tracks into one giant track and then separate them later.  But this particular case is even worse, because by changing the pitch on only one channel, the length of each channel is now different, so one channel briefly cuts out between every song.  See the attached screenshot.

And when naming the tracks, you didn't have the leading zero on the first 9 tracks, so the track order is shuffled.

Everyone can feel free to decide for themselves.. but if I were the moderator here I would be pulling this before more people can jump on.

With all due respect, please leave remastering to those who know what they are doing.

Attachment: 11171489953359.jpg 139 KB
This has been downloaded 29 time(s).

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth

Posted: 14 Jan 11, 15:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All I did was copy the track over to another channel, then raised the pitch (didn't touch actual tempo), by 0.001 of a semitone. That way, it creates the "stereo" effect. Whenever I fix the pitch and tempo on recordings, I do them separate (to be as accurate as possible). I did try using the "chorus" method, but that causing some bad distortion, and an "artificial" sound to go through the sound (even with an EQ attempt). Moving the timeline in Audacity was actually throwing the tempo and sync OFF.

As for the SBEs, I dunno, maybe I did inadvertently caused those. In that case, I'll take responsibility for that-sorry.

BTW, I do know how to remaster (well on a basic level), I was probably having an off day and coupled with the excitement of this concert, I overlooked some stuff.

Thanks for the comment, though.

The Real Wizard

Posted: 14 Jan 11, 15:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That is not the proper way to create the "stereo" effect.

Stereo is when the two channels are actually different.  What you've done is removed one perfectly good channel, duplicated the other, and changed the speed of one of them.  Therefore at any given snapshot of time, the timeline of the two channels is not identical to any other.  The fluctuation isn't audible, but this is why there are gaps between the tracks in one channel.

>I did try using the "chorus" method, but that causing some bad distortion, and an "artificial" sound to go through the sound (even with an EQ attempt).

You have to time it right.  It can be done, but not with old concert recordings that are already in stereo to begin with.

>BTW, I do know how to remaster (well on a basic level)

Until you're a professional (or something close to it), you probably shouldn't share your work with hundreds of people.

Aaron Sorkin once said.. "I am all for everyone having a voice.  I just don't think everyone has earned the microphone.  And that's what the internet has done."

I guess this applies to audio as well.  Thanks for your efforts Greg, but please, leave this stuff to people who know how to do it more professionally.

Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth

Posted: 14 Jan 11, 15:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I was trying to say that wanted to get the sound "spread" across the headphones/speakers.

Could I at least stick the pitch correction stuff that I used to do (and that's the only thing I did)? I can't fuck that up!

The Real Wizard

Posted: 14 Jan 11, 15:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Of course Greg... you're welcome to do whatever you want.

We're all learning here.  We just need to exercise discretion and think first if something is worth publishing for the world to hear or not.

If the recording is analog-sourced and the speed is wrong, it's both speed and pitch that are off, as this is what happens when tapes run too slow or too fast.  We can manipulate one or the other or both, but in these cases it should always be both that are corrected.

Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth

Posted: 14 Jan 11, 15:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks.

Give me a concert that needs pitch correction. I want to prove myself.

The Real Wizard

Posted: 14 Jan 11, 15:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can't think of anything off hand.  Pretty much everything has already been done.  But if you do this in the future, be sure to paste all the tracks into one giant track and use a program like GoldWave to insert queue points and divide the tracks cleanly.