forum rss feed
Author

MERQRY user not visiting Queenzone.com
MERQRY
Bohemian: 746 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 11, 22:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi!

I want to do a dvd of the Hamm 79 show using as video source my Vhs recording of the gig...
the problem is that My vhs hasn`t audio is all silent and i synchronize with the mix made by pittrek a time ago.
i will upload a little bit of the video mixed with the pittrek`s matrix only as a quality sample
if you think the quality isn`t good please say to me so i will make the dvd to myself and i don`t share here.
i downloaded the Excelent Pittrek version to compare.

Well...the Video sample (Freddie speak) have a little problem with the compression (Dont worry i have the original Raw avi file,but is too heavy for upload here) and the audio is loosy (AC3) But i already do a Don´t Stop Me now test video with MPEG-2 8000 kbps and PCM audio.
For make the dvd more "complete" in terms of quality i would want keep  and agreed the "I`m In love with my car" and second half of "Now i`m here" from the AG bonnus...
also i want to ask to you if is best to make all the concert (even with the only audio parts) or only the video parts...

Of course i used temporally the Pittrek Audio source if he dont want that i used his audio matrix,i will keep the dvd with myself and for my own use (i don`t want stolen the Hard work of anyone) 

Here the samples that i`ve upload:

Freddie`s speak
MPEG-2 8000 Kbps
AC3 Lossy Audio
Little problem with the resolution/aspect relation

http://www.mediafire.com/?897rwyznz96jwoo

Don`t stop me now:
MPEG-2 8000 Kbps
PCM Audio

http://www.mediafire.com/?a90plnzywbb5q2j

Of course i still work with the sources and with the programs to keep the best quality possible...

I attached also a screenshoot from Dont stop me now.

And here my uploads of save me and 39 on you tube:

Thanks for your Time! and again if the quality not is of your liking  dont worry say to me and i will to keep the future dvd with myself.

Greetings!

Attachment: 1115161149429260.bmp 3 MB
This has been downloaded 27 time(s).

"I will destroy any man who dares abuse my trust" Freddie Mercury
MERQRY

Posted: 16 Jan 11, 22:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here a screenshoot of We will rock you:

Attachment: 112016669580010.bmp 3 MB
This has been downloaded 42 time(s).

brians wig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2239 posts

Posted: 17 Jan 11, 04:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sure Peter won't mind, but by all means share your video, especially if it's a PAL source (not NTSC) and a nice clean picture without QTV logo or ghosting interference from UK channel 5 (which convention recordings have suffered from for the last 10 years).

Oh. And please don't de-interlace it and make it look like film!

emrabt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1118 posts

Posted: 17 Jan 11, 05:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

also i want to ask to you if is best to make all the concert (even with the only audio parts) or only the video parts...

============================================

The answer to that would be to do whatever you want, as it's your DVD.

Pittrek will probably give this the thumbs up, but you should wait for his permission before sharing here.

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 17 Jan 11, 05:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why would you wait for my permission ?
I am "protesting" only if my audio work appears here as mp3, or if somebody takes my video, and adds a copyright statement to it :-)

I have absolutely nothing against taking my audio and synchronizing it with an alternate video source

emrabt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1118 posts

Posted: 17 Jan 11, 09:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why would you wait for my permission ?
======================

Common decency, the polite thing to do and out of respect for your hard work.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 17 Jan 11, 10:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is great.  It seems to be one generation better, without the PAL>NTSC conversion.  Looking forward to seeing this copy.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3057 posts

Posted: 17 Jan 11, 10:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh yeah!!!

Loved Peter's version, looking forward to this one too!!!

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
pittrek

Posted: 17 Jan 11, 10:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can I have a question ?
I'm curious - have you done some "noise reduction" or is this really how your tape looks like ? Also I don't remember seeing the bit at cca 0:04 from your "Freddie speech" clip before - can I ask where did you get it ? :-)

Posted: 17 Jan 11, 13:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote: This is great.  It seems to be one generation better, without the PAL>NTSC conversion.  Looking forward to seeing this copy
----------------------------------------
Well. Peter's version isn't a PAL-NTSC conversion (or the majority at any rate), as I believe he used the 3 source edit I did early last year for the majority of his.
To be fair, what we need is someone like Peter (because i haven't time to re-do it again!) to do a new edit from all the sources available - preferably captured directly from an uncompressed source (ie, the original VHS tapes not a DVD), as the "long" version out there is a right old mess with a number of songs in the wrong order, one cuts off midway and is repeated in full later on and Brians speech is also mute.

pittrek

Posted: 17 Jan 11, 13:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

... and who will encode the finished "product" as interlaced PAL video :-)

Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Bohemian: 931 posts

Posted: 17 Jan 11, 13:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I could be wrong but do I see different camera angles in this new version? How much footage have you got on tape actually?

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
cmi user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmi
Bohemian: 645 posts

Posted: 17 Jan 11, 14:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, indeed. That's a main question! Do you have a complete video recording of the concert including Jailhouse Rock, Mustapaha, Spread Your Wings and etc..?

Posted: 17 Jan 11, 14:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CMI wrote: Yes, indeed. That's a main question! Do you have a complete video recording of the concert including Jailhouse Rock, Mustapaha, Spread Your Wings and etc..?
-----------------------------------
If he does then he's got more than anyone else ever has, including the UK fan club....

MERQRY

Posted: 17 Jan 11, 22:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh you`ve catch me! i tied Greg brooks and Gary taylor and i stolen the QP Masters of the show
Sorry for the bad joke... i`m just kidding.

First of all i want to clear that i DON`T have the songs of the concert Like BR,If You Can`t beat them,KYA,etc...
i wish have the complete concert but sadly i dont have.
On fact My vhs misses the Tail of Jailhouse Rock and a bit of the We Will Rock you (Fast) intro... but to make a more complete Dvd i will to add them from An old source.

Thank You Pittrek for let me use your Matrix (I don`t know why the Vhs is muted)

I will to reply some Questions:

- Don`t worry i will not de-interlaced the video cuase i don`t like much when the videos are de-interlaced
- Yes Sir GH this looks like a higher generation (the vhs is PAL as the norm of my country)
-No,Pittrek i don`t use a Noise filter in the Samples videos i think i desactivate this option in the MPEG enconder program (But i want to use one in Jail House Rock and the bit of We Will Rock you)
-To me in this version There`s some sighlty changes of cameras But i dont compared this aspect detailed so i can`t be sure.

I uploaded Two more videos:

Love Of My Life
MPEG-2/PCM

http://www.mediafire.com/?c057jipl4b7p5eb

We Will Rock You:
MPEG-2/PCM

http://www.mediafire.com/?8vvbsenp46v5zac

I`d like to take this oportunity to tell you that i`m asking for the masters (Video Or/And Audio) of the argentina 1981 concerts in Tv`s and radios states and i confirmed more that one intresting (not all are good news) thing about this concerts as for example a full video recording of the Rosario show existed in the archives of the cannel but in the last time someone has leaked it cause they don`t  found the copy... the archivist of the channel said me that a second copy of the show must be somewhere in the personal archive of the tv channel director but he don´t promise me nothing.
I belive that i have a slightly high generation vhs copy  (QTV) of the Second Night in Buenoss Aires somewhere.
And i`m asking for a High quality Transfer from the tv master... But i can`t promise nothing.

Thank you for your comments! and sorry for the delay (This sound like GB post)  i`m slightly busy in this days.

Greetings!

Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Bohemian: 931 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 11, 03:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great news!! This could be a nice DVD project. Hope you get some good news about the Rosario show.

But being enthousiastic isn't always handy at some points. I think you may somehow broke your own glasses now by telling on the Zone you are waiting for a copy of the show. This forum is also read by certain persons, some which we haven't heard from for a long time, who aren't too keen on your actions. I think you better have send a PM to Sir GH, Pittrek or....

Just a small point.... nothing personal.

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
pittrek

Posted: 18 Jan 11, 03:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

On fact My vhs misses the Tail of Jailhouse Rock and a bit of the We Will Rock you (Fast) intro...

REALLY ? If I understood you correctly, that's perfect ! Because we actually have the last seconds of Jailhouse Rock so if I understood you correctly, by joining of the 2 sources we get the most complete version !

Posted: 18 Jan 11, 05:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Right.
I've still got my edited AVI file on a hard drive, So...

MERQRY: Do you the facilities to capture your tape as a DV AVI and put it on a bluray disc or at least copy it to SVHS or miniDV tape if you have the relevant PAL recorders?
Ideally, it would be best to work from a  non-mpeg2 DVD compression.

I can send Pittrek my AVI files and he can create a new version of the concert from the best quality sources available.

That said, does Kurgan have a QTV recording on VHS or Betamax (either with or without the QTV logo - preferably without) that he'd be willing to post to me to capture from, which I could then send to Pittrek?

Posted: 18 Jan 11, 06:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kurgan: Does yours have the first two tracks complete? If so, then we could use it....!

jamster1111 user not visiting Queenzone.com
jamster1111
Bohemian: 844 posts

Posted: 18 Jan 11, 21:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MerQry: Can you upload We Are the Champions to mediafire please like you did with WWRY? thanks!

It's late, but it's time to set me free

It's late, yes I know but there's no way it has to be

Too late, so let the fire take our bodies this night

So late, so let the waters take our guilt in the t