Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Ideas for the commercial resurgence of Queen.

forum rss feed
Author

neokaden user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 97 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 11, 20:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just read the soapbox of Brian May, which says explicitly that is open to new ideas to keep the band active.

Then an idea comes to me, and is related to the bootlegs.

We know that the band has in its vaults, a great live footage, right? but not worthwhile insome cases released on CD. (For various reasons)

However, a possible idea to give a touch of renovation would be that the band decidedto release all this material live via iTunes or any media online, which anyone who wantedto have this material, pay a small fee to get it.

I've been thinking that this might be the only way to open the band to launch concert sosecret and rare as the crazy tour.

Do you think this idea possible?
Do you pay for being able to hear audio new officially unreleased concert in highquality?

The best live version of bohemian rhapsody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLEKlXgEGOA
Ramffiss user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 105 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 11, 21:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, I will

Val Lurex user not visiting Queenzone.com
Val Lurex
Deity: 2714 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 11, 13:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I think it'll be better for us if they'll release all these vault concerts on CDs and DVDs.

I don't wanna pay fee to websites, I'd pay fee only to markets where these concerts are being sold.

"I really feel like being evil tonight."
Gretsch6120 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 29 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 11, 13:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Surely the most active thing Queen could do would be to hit the road?

However, despite Brian's muttering of live work this year, I doubt there will be much

rockitnroll.wordpress.com twitter.com/rockitnroll
brians wig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2239 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 11, 17:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They'll never do it,
They're too scared that someone will upload to piratebay or some such other for everyone else to download for free and therefore not financially viable for them.
That's probably why they tried their "Top 100 Bootlegs" a few years ago - to put out the same shit that we all already had at very little expense to themselves - and it WAS shit. Not a decent sounding boot out the (short-lived) range :(

bigV user not visiting Queenzone.com
bigV
Royalty: 1646 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 11, 17:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sorry, was there a commercial "desurgence" (I know that's not a word!) of Queen? Did the QPR tours not sell out everywhere the band played? Does the Musical NOT get standing ovations every night? Are Queen albums not selling all the time all over the world?

Get over it! Go out, meet some people, read a book! And when the band is ready to open their vaults they will. In the meantime... we'll always have QueenZone!

V.

I'm as mad as HELL, and I'm not going to take this anymore!

master marathon runner user not visiting Queenzone.com
master marathon runner
Royalty: 1237 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 11, 14:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bigV wrote: I'm sorry, was there a commercial "desurgence" (I know that's not a word!) of Queen? Did the QPR tours not sell out everywhere the band played? Does the Musical NOT get standing ovations every night? Are Queen albums not selling all the time all over the world?

Get over it! Go out, meet some people, read a book! And when the band is ready to open their vaults they will. In the meantime... we'll always have QueenZone!

V.

Quite right matey. Enjoy life!

master marathon runner

Master Marathon Runner
ARMANDO MARTINEZ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 234 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 11, 17:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It would be cool if they did a series of concerts playing complete all of their albums, just like Pink floyd did with the dark side of the moon on "Pulse", in order to celebrate theit 40th anniversary, it would be just some special dates maybe. They could have guest singers taking Freddie's duties,and the musicians of the WWRY musical to back them up, or even include an orchestra! and after that maybe more people would be interested in the not-so commercial songs. Well, that's just me dreaming!
a.m.

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 11, 06:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Personally, I'm all for chopping RT and BM into little bits and selling them by the gram. With them gone, QP might finally start releasing something we *haven't* had released, re-released and re-packaged five times over.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Major Tom user not visiting Queenzone.com
S.D.M.F
Major Tom
Bohemian: 878 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 11, 13:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A re-mastered digipac of "Cosmos" is what comes to mind.

It´s better to burn out than to fade away.
Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3057 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 11, 18:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bigV wrote: I'm sorry, was there a commercial "desurgence" (I know that's not a word!) of Queen? Did the QPR tours not sell out everywhere the band played? Does the Musical NOT get standing ovations every night? Are Queen albums not selling all the time all over the world?

V.

Hey bigV, it's May himself who is looking for ideas on keeping the band active, not neokaden lol

If Brian wants to keep the band active, then the three main ways of doing this are:

1 - record something new
2 - release the stuff we're crying out for
3 - go on tour.

If they're not doing any of that, then they're not active.  He shouldn't need us to tell him this!

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
bobo the chimp user is on Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 11, 20:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Blahdeblah, Brian.  Give us another solo album or something.  Or work with Roger, sans any shitty guest singers.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3667 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 11, 01:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So in summary: release stuff that hasnt been released yet. Is this what its like in Mensa?

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3057 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 11, 09:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mooghead wrote: So in summary: release stuff that hasnt been released yet. Is this what its like in Mensa?

LOL.  That's EXACTLY what it's like in Mensa.  That's why I never bothered paying the fees!

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!