Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Mad the swine and Green?

forum rss feed
Author

Kacoblin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Kacoblin
Bohemian: 108 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jan 11, 23:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Green" is a melodic, medium-paced ballad, whose tone recalls that obscure Queen delight, Mad The Swine (recorded in 1971, not issued until 1991), and ironically, some of the more reflective material he wrote towards the end of his life. "There's a sudden change in me...," sings Freddie. "I believe my time has come. Any moment I'll be drifting to the sun... Green, turning green. Rapidly changing through the bassline, turning green." ("That sounds like the state of Freddie's lyrics at the time!" laughs Mike Bersin.)

I have two questions about this slightly veiled post I read somewhere. I didn't know "rapidly changing through the bassline" was correct.
I also wasn't aware Mad the swine was recorded in 1971. The vocals are very hush, and compelling.

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 11, 23:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It wasn't. It was recorded in 1972.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3057 posts

Posted: 31 Jan 11, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So what are the questions?  I see you've made statements, but I don't know what you're asking...

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 31 Jan 11, 16:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kacoblin wrote: "Green" is a melodic, medium-paced ballad, whose tone recalls that obscure Queen delight, Mad The Swine (recorded in 1971, not issued until 1991), and ironically, some of the more reflective material he wrote towards the end of his life. "There's a sudden change in me...," sings Freddie. "I believe my time has come. Any moment I'll be drifting to the sun... Green, turning green. Rapidly changing through the bassline, turning green." ("That sounds like the state of Freddie's lyrics at the time!" laughs Mike Bersin.)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
and btw - it's not reflective...it's aspirational and ambition-based...what else do you think that lyric mean?

"my time has come" and "drifting to the sun" are stating that he's ready for stardom and the limelight

go deo na h√Čireann