Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Freddie statue in southampton

forum rss feed
Author

freddiefan91 user not visiting Queenzone.com
freddiefan91
Bohemian: 399 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jan 11, 02:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.brianmay.com/whatsnew.html

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12697 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jan 11, 03:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How fitting - put a statue of a gay man where generations of sailors used to hang out.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Tranqvillia user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 85 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jan 11, 05:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

there should be a statue of freddie in EVERY capital of every country AT LEAST


Tranqvillia: New hope for Music

(SPIRIT ROCK)



http://www.myspace.com/tranqvillia

lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jan 11, 08:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tranqvillia wrote: there should be a statue of freddie in EVERY capital of every country AT LEAST ==================================

agreed :)
and in every town! in my town (bridgnorth) there is a statue of a world war two soldier, http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3505/3991637120_a47b47b784.jpg
we should have a freddie statue next to it as a sign of "how britain became britian"

P.S. about the statue, have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYfvDKZnexc&hd
couldnt stop laughing at just how bored someone must have been to have made this! xD

david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2017 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jan 11, 17:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

no.no.no.
statues should only be in places of note,.
london,montreaux,and zanzibar.
london(where he spent most of his life).montreaux( last recordings).zanzibar(where he was born).
thats like saying,lets put a statue of ,mel gibson in galashiels.because i say braveheart there.
or lets put freddie statue there,cos david thinks fred is great.

Josh Henson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Jan 11, 06:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lifetimefanofqueen wrote: Tranqvillia wrote: there should be a statue of freddie in EVERY capital of every country AT LEAST ==================================

agreed :)
and in every town! in my town (bridgnorth) there is a statue of a world war two soldier, http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3505/3991637120_a47b47b784.jpg
we should have a freddie statue next to it as a sign of "how britain became britian"

P.S. about the statue, have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYfvDKZnexc&hd
couldnt stop laughing at just how bored someone must have been to have made this! xD

Are you seriously comparing Freddie Mercury to a soldier and all the soldiers that laid down their lives defending your country in a time of war?  You are freaking insane and blinded by a band.  Your ignorance and lack of respect for the people who keep you free sicken me.


I'm just getting used to my new exposure

Come into my enclosure

And meet my melancholy blues
lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Jan 11, 10:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Josh Henson wrote: lifetimefanofqueen wrote: Tranqvillia wrote: there should be a statue of freddie in EVERY capital of every country AT LEAST ==================================

agreed :)
and in every town! in my town (bridgnorth) there is a statue of a world war two soldier, http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3505/3991637120_a47b47b784.jpg
we should have a freddie statue next to it as a sign of "how britain became britian"

P.S. about the statue, have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYfvDKZnexc&hd
couldnt stop laughing at just how bored someone must have been to have made this! xD

Are you seriously comparing Freddie Mercury to a soldier and all the soldiers that laid down their lives defending your country in a time of war?  You are freaking insane and blinded by a band.  Your ignorance and lack of respect for the people who keep you free sicken me.

==================================================

you know i didnt mean that! read what i said "how britain became britain", i ment as in it represents britain! music and the army! will you calm the fuck down!

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3027 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Jan 11, 19:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lifetimefanofqueen wrote:

you know i didnt mean that! read what i said "how britain became britain", i ment as in it represents britain! music and the army! will you calm the fuck down!
============================================================================================

It was a slight over-reaction, BUT....it wouldn't make sense having Freddie beside a soldier and saying it's a part of how Britain became Britain.  Freddie is my absolute hero, and is an important part of our history (althoug he's not British!) - but there are more important historical figues that highlight how Britain became Britain!  Also, if we were to just throw statues up under that logic, then there would be THOUSANDS of folk up there before Freddie (scientists, medical pioneers, surgeons, inventors, writers, politicians, architechts, royal and religious figures, manufacturers, retailers etc etc) in order for it to make chronological (and linked) sense.   

Apart from that, we'd have no room for actual people lol


It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
Josh Henson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jan 11, 19:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thistleboy 1980 wrote: lifetimefanofqueen wrote:

you know i didnt mean that! read what i said "how britain became britain", i ment as in it represents britain! music and the army! will you calm the fuck down!
============================================================================================

It was a slight over-reaction, BUT....it wouldn't make sense having Freddie beside a soldier and saying it's a part of how Britain became Britain.  Freddie is my absolute hero, and is an important part of our history (althoug he's not British!) - but there are more important historical figues that highlight how Britain became Britain!  Also, if we were to just throw statues up under that logic, then there would be THOUSANDS of folk up there before Freddie (scientists, medical pioneers, surgeons, inventors, writers, politicians, architechts, royal and religious figures, manufacturers, retailers etc etc) in order for it to make chronological (and linked) sense.   

Apart from that, we'd have no room for actual people lol

No, it wasn't much of an over reaction.  I serve in the military and stupid comments like irritate me and shows a lack of total respect that citizens have for their military and sometimes people need to just sit back and THINK of what those who serve in the military actually do for them.  I can't believe that Freddie Mercury would be brought up in the same breath as things or people that shaped Britain.  Are you freaking kidding me?


I'm just getting used to my new exposure

Come into my enclosure

And meet my melancholy blues
Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3027 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jan 11, 19:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

She didn't mean it the way you've taken it.  Nobody is showing you, your colleagues or those who have fought for us any disrespect or insensitivity.  I think she's getting at important figures in British history (as I've said there's more important figures, but you can't argue that Freddie is an important figure in British music and popular culture) but she could have explained it a little better.  There's no harm or malice intended on her part, and I think having a little more patience, and taking the time to educate her a little better is more apt than losing the rag. 

And I may not be a military man, but I do understand and appreciate what's being done for this country by guys like you.


It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jan 11, 20:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Josh Henson wrote:

No, it wasn't much of an over reaction.  I serve in the military and stupid comments like irritate me and shows a lack of total respect that citizens have for their military and sometimes people need to just sit back and THINK of what those who serve in the military actually do for them.  I can't believe that Freddie Mercury would be brought up in the same breath as things or people that shaped Britain.  Are you freaking kidding me?

================================

Retarded hotheads:  just what every military needs more of.  

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jan 11, 20:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lifetimefanofqueen wrote:

P.S. about the statue, have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYfvDKZnexc&hd
couldnt stop laughing at just how bored someone must have been to have made this! xD

===================================

I can't believe I watched that entire thing. LOL

And it's a right miracle it didn't get run over, what with all those people driving on the wrong side of the road. ;)

sharoncooper user not visiting Queenzone.com
sharoncooper
Rocker: 47 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Feb 11, 20:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just watched the video. Thought it was cool