Forums > Queen - General Discussion > What Should Be the Opening Scene In the Upcoming Freddie Biopic?

forum rss feed
Author

greaserkat user not visiting Queenzone.com
greaserkat
Bohemian: 678 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Feb 11, 16:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Almost all the music biopic movies out there have started with a scene somewhere dfown the line in the career of the musician(s).  What do you think should be the opening sence in the upcoming Freddie/Queen biopic?

Darling, Im not going to be a rockstar, Im going to be a LEGEND!!
LucTonnerre user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 56 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 11, 16:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe they start off with a scene right before or right after hitting the stage at LIVE AID? I would love to see scenes like this. The tension, the passion, the moment when they appear on stage - the energy.

Bad Seed user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bad Seed
Bohemian: 506 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 11, 17:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It should start with a flashback of the band getting bigger and bigger. Two US no 1 singles and no1 album, increadibly sucessful 1980 US tour. Then the '81 South American tour. This would all be happening while the opening credits are going up.
The film then starts with the band in the studio recording Hot Space. Everything then starts to go downhill.

greaserkat user not visiting Queenzone.com
greaserkat
Bohemian: 678 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 11, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bad Seed wrote: It should start with a flashback of the band getting bigger and bigger. Two US no 1 singles and no1 album, increadibly sucessful 1980 US tour. Then the '81 South American tour. This would all be happening while the opening credits are going up.
The film then starts with the band in the studio recording Hot Space. Everything then starts to go downhill.
=============================================================================================

It does start to go downhill, BUT in the U.S. only, not the rest of the world.

Darling, Im not going to be a rockstar, Im going to be a LEGEND!!
Holly2003 user is on Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4676 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 11, 17:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie base jumping into a live volcano to the tune of Dont Stop me now. Just as he's about to spash into the lava, he is rescued by Flash Gordon. They then tongue kiss for the next 35 minutes.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12697 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 11, 17:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The camera pans down from the stars and settles on the horizon line.  A tiny car screeches away from the camera, only to be chased by a much bigger car that is (possibly) firing lasers at the smaller car.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
YannickJoker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 297 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 11, 18:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie goes to the doctor's office and the doctor tells him he has AIDS. Flashback...

Or, a scene in which Freddie has sex with Nicolai Grishanovich and in the heat of the moment shouts out 'THIS WILL BE MY DEATH SENTENCE!'. Cut to previously mentioned scene and flashback again...

jamster1111 user not visiting Queenzone.com
jamster1111
Bohemian: 844 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 11, 18:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How bout an hour of 4/25/1979 for an opening.

It's late, but it's time to set me free

It's late, yes I know but there's no way it has to be

Too late, so let the fire take our bodies this night

So late, so let the waters take our guilt in the t
Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3169 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 11, 18:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jamster1111 wrote: How bout an hour of 4/25/1979 for an opening.
======

Brilliant.

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3027 posts

Posted: 07 Feb 11, 19:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There are a plethora of ways that it can be done.  It could start off with the birth of Freddie, with some non-related Persian music going on in the background; it could start off with him being told he has AIDS and then a flashback (Larry Lurex "Goin' Back" being played in the background) with loads of  Queen  and Freddie landmark/milestone images zipping backwards (Wembley, Live Aid, Hammersmith '79, Bohemian Rhapsody, the Kenny Everett sketches, The Hectics etc etc) right the way back to the aforementioned birth scene.  It could also start off at the first contract signing, Live Aid itself, the making of Bo Rhap or even Freddie uttering the lines about not going to be a star, but a legend. 

Who knows? Only the writers!

Let's wait and see!

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
thunderbolt 31742 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thunderbolt 31742
Bohemian: 647 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 11, 00:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian May walks into the frame and rips off the first few licks of Tie Your Mother Down. Flashpots explode, and he and Roger perform the song while the credits roll, with Danny Miranda on bass and Jamie Foxx on vocals. Why Jamie Foxx? Because the last biopic the dude was in won an Oscar.

"Do you think I should keep this mustache? Did you say no? F--- off."
plumrach user not visiting Queenzone.com
plumrach
Bohemian: 716 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 11, 02:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i did hear that there wont be any focus of Freddies Aids virus,will basically be all musical, perhaps imo some personal stuff re all the members will appear on film, but its all about the music

Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Bohemian: 928 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 11, 03:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The first shot should be Greg Brooks saying; "This movie is property of Queen Productions".

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
liam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 594 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 11, 04:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it will be and should be Queen backstage either just after or just before Live Aid. Show the emotion for a few minutes, how much the crowd loved them and then cut back to an art room showing a shy Freddie at Art School in the late 60's.

Go, Go, Go, little queenie!!
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 11, 04:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, it has been reveiled already that this film isn't going to be about his music?

So my guess is that it opens in New York, in 1983 where he is laying in an empty bathtub, while some gay in leather stands above him, pissing on him

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
tcc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1566 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 11, 04:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Aah you beat me to it.  I was thinking of Freddie in the bathtub composing Crazy Little Thing Called Love :-D

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6242 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 11, 04:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The first scene should be Freddie/Borat saying Paul Rodgers was his favourite singer.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 11, 05:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie bending over some young German bloke, nailing him and, once finished, announcing:

"Bring me another - this one's broken!"

Benn
Jimmy Dean user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 486 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 11, 05:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Right after the Knebworth concert... when Freddie knew that it was his last time on stage. Heartbreak... then flash back to a pivotal moment in his childhood/early adult years... Opening title: Anyway The Wind Blows

Jimmy Dean user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 486 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 11, 05:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Benn wrote: Freddie bending over some young German bloke, nailing him and, once finished, announcing:

"Bring me another - this one's broken!"

That really had me laughing! Let's tweak that a bit... "Bring me another, darling - I think this one's broken!"