Forums > Personal > My world has just collapsed....

forum rss feed
Author

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3053 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Feb 11, 18:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know that this will mean absolutely nothing to most Queenzoners, but those who do get it will understand the irony and perhaps feel my pain.  One of my all-time heroes, Mr. Chic Charnley (the ex Partick Thistle footballer, who was indeed my QZ avatar until the other day), has joined the management team of Clyde (perhaps our most bitter rivals).  Charnley is a Jags legend, having signed for us at least 4 times, and I have had many a fun moment at Firhill watching him on the field and, recently, sitting beside him and chatting away at matches.  But how can I feel the same about him now?  I HATE Clyde with a passion, they are scumballs in every sense of the word and deserve their placing at the bottom of the lowest professional league in the country. Maybe I'm just too sensitive, but I feel hurt, a little betrayed and I want to cry. For those of you who are wondering, I am being serious!


It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
mr mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
mr mercury
Deity: 4631 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Feb 11, 18:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For a minute there I thought you were going to announce his death........ there has been too many of those these days :)


"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Feb 11, 22:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thistleboy 1980 wrote: I know that this will mean absolutely nothing to most Queenzoners, but those who do get it will understand the irony and perhaps feel my pain.  One of my all-time heroes, Mr. Chic Charnley (the ex Partick Thistle footballer, who was indeed my QZ avatar until the other day), has joined the management team of Clyde (perhaps our most bitter rivals).  Charnley is a Jags legend, having signed for us at least 4 times, and I have had many a fun moment at Firhill watching him on the field and, recently, sitting beside him and chatting away at matches.  But how can I feel the same about him now?  I HATE Clyde with a passion, they are scumballs in every sense of the word and deserve their placing at the bottom of the lowest professional league in the country. Maybe I'm just too sensitive, but I feel hurt, a little betrayed and I want to cry. For those of you who are wondering, I am being serious!
==========================

Ugh.  Two words: Dany Heatley.  I'll keep this brief as I know none you people give a toss about ice hockey, but Dany Heatley broke the heart and the back of every Senators fan.  He was a huge producer, part of the renowned 'Pizza Line', so named because they scored so many goals that a local pizza restaurant who had a running promotion in high scoring games was constantly on the hook for free food.   He was loved and supported by we fans unconditionally, and in the year after the PIzza Line took the Sens all the way to the Stanley Cup final he signed a 6 year front loaded contract for 45 million dollars, complete with a no trade clause.  The very next year, after collecting all that front loaded money, he decided he didn't like the new coach and asked for a trade.  He did so in such a disruptive and public way that it demoralized the rest of the team and undercut any ability the team might have had to recoup the money or the talent in a decent trade.  The organization finally put together a trade that would have been good for the team, and Heatley invoked his no trade clause and turned it down.  In the end he had to be traded for next to nothing, and he got to go to sunny California and play for the San Jose Sharks with all that money and a bright future in his pocket.  Broken hearts, disbelief, betrayal, anger - fans felt it all.  It was crushing.

So, yeah, that's Dany Heatley and hockey, but in your case it's only soccer so I don't really know what you're on about.  Maybe have a nice bubblebath, or plan something tedious for 90 minutes, or 91 minutes, or 93 and a half minutes, whatever.  Maybe take your mind off things by playing a fun game with your wife where she wears nothing but a ref jersey and when she comes into the bedroom you can roll around on the the floor grimacing pretending you've shattered your kneecap or something.   And then when you score, she can swear you didn't, and you can swear you did, and nobody will really know and it will be really great! :P

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Feb 11, 22:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just kidding!

In two days I will have the means to send that Chic Charnley rotter a poisoned Curly Wurly on your command.  Let me know.  And, I can tell you, the sting does eventually go away.  Happily, it's replaced by the joy of reveling in their various screw ups with their new team. So hang in there. :)

JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 11, 03:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

not quite in the league of Judas Torres but i feel your pain,mainly coz the only decent thing to come out of Partick Thistle was Alan Hansen.. ;-D


isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 11, 03:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JoxerTheDeityPirate wrote: not quite in the league of Judas Torres but i feel your pain,mainly coz the only decent thing to come out of Partick Thistle was Alan Hansen.. ;-D
Oh.. come on. Don't complain Jon.. you got judas/vampire Suarez in return. ;-)


I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3053 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 11, 09:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Grateful Fan, you've cheered me up no end lol, I feel the pain easing right now at the thought of Chico choking quietly on a CurlyWurly!!!

Thanks to you all, in fact!


It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 11, 12:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Mir@cle wrote: JoxerTheDeityPirate wrote: not quite in the league of Judas Torres but i feel your pain,mainly coz the only decent thing to come out of Partick Thistle was Alan Hansen.. ;-D
Oh.. come on. Don't complain Jon.. you got judas/vampire Suarez in return. ;-)

reply:
and the £35m cripple from Newcastle :-p


isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3665 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 11, 14:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"(perhaps our most bitter rivals)."

If its any comfort this shows he is shallow and fickle.

Not like other footballers.     ;-)

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3053 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 11, 15:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mooghead wrote: "(perhaps our most bitter rivals)."

If its any comfort this shows he is shallow and fickle.

Not like other footballers.     ;-)

LOL


It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Feb 11, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My second favourite player on my hockey team, the very guy I was mulling over this morning thinking that I was sure he was going to be our next captain, got traded this afternoon.  I didn't cry, though just barely, but I'm genuinely gutted.  I'll get over it, but it's just hard when fandom, which is usually so much fun, all of a sudden hurts. :(

mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3665 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Feb 11, 03:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lol @ hockey

:-)

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Feb 11, 08:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you need at least two Zambonis for each pitch.