Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Brussels 1984 (Opinions)

forum rss feed
Author

Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 11, 00:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What do you guys think of the first show of the Works Tour? I personally love that show. There is a wonderful atmosphere in the arena, the band sound very tight (and it's the very first concert), Freddie's voice is great (he actually sounds like Hot Space era Freddie--as opposed to that deeper raspier tone he gets), and the crowd is awesome!

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
Ruperto Pesto - FER user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 39 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 11, 09:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it's a great show, and the works set list was great, although Freddie´s voice at that tour makes myself not to listen so much from that era - i mean live shows. In a sense, it's quite perfect, because you have Freddie's voice like HS tour, but years later.

I hope a mastertape, a soundboard recording, some of excelent quality could be able to see the light some day. I'm thinking in the great quality of "rock in rio blues". This show (Brussels '84 - 1st gig) deserves something like that.

Cuidate, querete, ojito, ojete
queen79luca user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 179 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 11, 15:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3056 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 11, 15:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

queen79luca wrote:
Exactly.

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3056 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 11, 15:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My opinion of the Brussels I had in 1984 is that they gave me horrible wind.  I've never really liked them anyway.

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
smile44 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 12 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 11, 16:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It WAS a really great show. I can tell....I was there ! A few meters away from the stage (left side, just in front of the piano). Freddie's voice was great indeed. There is a snippet of TYMD on Youtube from this show.

Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 11, 22:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You are lucky! I was born in the wrong decade!

About Brussels, it's the only time where Roger played AOBTD with his normal drums (the other versions have those stupid electronic drums on them, that don't sound right/make sense)!

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury