Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Daily Mail interview with David Wigg about Freddie Mercury

forum rss feed
Author

plumrach user not visiting Queenzone.com
plumrach
Bohemian: 716 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Feb 11, 02:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1358188/Freddie-Mercurys-friend-David-Wigg-reveals-flamboyant-stars-vulnerable-loneliness-haunted-him.html

very interesting

Shaving Foamasi user not visiting Queenzone.com
Shaving Foamasi
Rocker: 24 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 11, 05:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

David Wigg used to write for the Express when Freddie was alive. I remember that it was weird that the only paper that carried interviews with Freddie was the Express. The music papers only seemed to have interviews with Brian or Roger.

There was that one interview with the Sun but the only place to read a proper interview with The Big F was with David Wigg in the Express.

This article carries nothing really that David Wigg hasn't said before - but it is nice to see that one journaist hasn't changed their tune over Freddie - Wigg was always a fan! Must admit, I've often thought that if Freddie had contracted the virus a couple of years later whether he'd still be alive.

Thanks for sharing the link!

plumrach

Posted: 18 Feb 11, 06:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You only have to look at magic johnson and holly johnson who both got hiv in 91 and they are still ok

I have read some of the stuff david said before but it is good that he is still talked about

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 11, 14:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I heart Freddie.

That is all.

NEOLOGiX user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 20 posts

Posted: 19 Feb 11, 02:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kenny Everett lived about four years more than Freddie, Hutton lived till 2010 until the fags got him (no pun intended - HIV sufferers have a higher risk of lung cancer)... more advanced treatment makes a big difference when it comes to HIV/AIDS, but a lot of it is also down to the particular individual and how his body reacts.

We are what we repeatedly do.
Roranicus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 19 Feb 11, 05:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's an interesting and moving article. Freddie was a genius, but like so many he was often tortured and lonely. It's always sad to read accounts of his dark times, but he has left a legacy that will forever.

plumrach

Posted: 19 Feb 11, 05:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is a lot of good comments left as well