Forums > Personal > Queenzone reunited

forum rss feed
Author

-fatty- 2850 user not visiting Queenzone.com
-fatty- 2850
Deity: 2029 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Feb 11, 20:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't it been 10 years since the Queenrocker invasion of Queenzone? I remember that the official fan club bulletin board went tits up about 59 seconds after 11:59 on the 31st of December 1999 (Jacky blamed the millenium bug but I still believe she pulled the plug). A few months later, a guy called The Left Handed Guitarist started the Queenrocker message board but that didn't last very long and we ended up here at Queenzone some time around 2001.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if we could organise some sort of reunion for all the old Queenzoners? I don't have e-mail addresses for anyone from back then but I'm sure a lot of folk out there will be able to get the word out somehow. My memory isn't all that great but I'd love to hear from a few of the folks I do remember.

Eggy: His real name was Leigh and I think he came from Stoke-on Trent. If memory serves he went out with a girl who he met on Queenzone.

CLT: Her name stood for Crazy Little Thing but we used to call her CLiT. She may have been the girl Eggy was going out with.

Marshmallow: Stunningly beautiful and a beautiful human being too. Enjoyed a bit of S&M.

Ginga-Babe: Like Marshmallow but with ginger hair.

Fun It: He was in the forces and loved a good argument.

Chad Hanging: Camper than a row of tents and famous for his long diatribes in which he accused everyone of homophobia.

Alli James: Lovely young lass who never forgot a birthday.

Taylormayed: Great guy and a talented writer. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he was working in television now.

Bob the Shrek: Big Bad Bob was one of the few Queenzoners I had the pleasure of meeting with in the real world. I know he got married recently and his wife probably wont let him play with us anymore.

DeaconJohn. Real name David. Came from Northern Ireland. Another Zoner I met in real life.

Eric & Demeter: Queenzone's first married couple.

Pieter & Erin: Queenzone's second married couple, I think.

Gordondoburstingfoam: Came from Glasgow and is famous for coining the phrase "Stepford Fan".

Flashman & Archie Leach: Queenzone's answer to Waldorf & Statler from the Muppets.

Janet: One of the longest serving Zoners with the most beautiful green eyes.

Penetration Guru: The worlds most knowledgable, enigmatic and sarcastic Queen fan. Where is he now?

Banquo: Looked like Ed Tenpole.

And of course there are the pricks like Ted, Dudley Fufkin, Bricktop, Super Trouper, Freddie VTB and the countless others who were all Jake Britt.

That's about all I can recall for the time being. I'll probably add more as I remember them but if you can think of anymore, feel free to add them to the list and if you have any way of getting in touch with them, drop them a line and ask them to stop by.

fatty.

mr mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
mr mercury
Deity: 4631 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 11, 20:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It would be good to hear from some, if not all, of those people. Alli James I seem to remember was an extremely nice person (judging to her posts). Same goes for Bob the Shrek, TaylorMayed, Penetration Guru, Janet and DeaconJohn.

The only other zoner I am curious about is LiveAidQueen (Kayla)

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
The Real Wizard user is on Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18628 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 11, 23:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

-fatty- wrote:

And of course there are the pricks like Ted, Dudley Fufkin, Bricktop, Super Trouper, Freddie VTB and the countless others who were all Jake Britt.

=============

Haha... ahh, memories..

To add to your good list, there was also Geeksandgeeks.. Mandy was always very nice and quite an intelligent addition to the board.

What the hell happened to this place, anyway?  A few too many trolls... and about half the people here now are one tomato short of a pizza.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
emrabt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1118 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 11, 01:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What the hell happened to this place, anyway?
===============================================

In short:

2001: SITE CRASH!!!!!!!! (the beginning of the end)

2003: BobTheShrek Alli-James left

2004: Fatty caught Jake Britt out when he replied to his own post using the same username.
2005: T.moment & Amir came, queen+paul Rodgers brought a load of other trolls who have never left
2006: Your valentine gave up trying to moderate the site, there was a wave of people changing their name to treasure moment
2007: Richard gave the site a very buggy makeover, due to people keeping on at him.
2008: Idiots found out they could update Queenzone news with anything.
2009: Penetration guru, Lester Burnham & Smitty left and random teenage girls join, Richard officially lost interest in queenzone. People start needing awards, polls and votes every 5 minutes to make sure their opinion matches the majority and everything is okay. Fanmix section becomes a ghost town.

2010: Lifetimemqueenfan and goodolfashionedloverboy joined. TRS-Romania, lisser and John s stuart stopped posting frequently.
2011: The same 10 threads get posted and re posted, every few weeks somebody questions the (non)-existence of knebworth. Every single topic has Goodoldfashionedloverboy asking if it was broadcast on TV. treasure moment changes to Transvilla.

2012: Brian May and Roger Taylor tour russia with the current "in" boyband and Roger releases an album of covers with cliff richard.

2013: Fatty Returns once again after brain Surgery. Brian May's ever greyer hair is at the point where he looks like on of his beloved badgers.

2014: I stop posting.

2016: A full tape of the Knebworth screen feed is found to exist, Queen agree to release it but the only copy gets destroyed in a fire 2 days before being digitally transferred for “clean up” by eagle rock, who are now coincidentally owned by snow productions.

2017: fatty’s heart attack, zebonka getting captured for study by scientists, greg brooks getting crushed under a crate of his unsold books and treasure moments rise to stardom pretty much signal the very end for the website.

Of course none of this is accurate because i've just made it up.

-fatty- 2850

Posted: 27 Feb 11, 04:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just remembered some more.

Wstussyb> Great guy but I could never work out how to pronounce his name.

Catgurl: I remember the name but I cant remember if she was really nice or a complete psycho.

Dark Myutwo: Okay so he's still here under the guise of Inu-Liger but I loved him when he was Dark Myutwo.

There's more but I'm struggling to put names to them. I might have a trawl through some old threads and see if I can come up with a few more.

fatty.

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 11, 12:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Honestly fatty, and I'd like to say this without coming across as disrespectful, but I'm really trying to put that former nick behind me as (with some people here) it just only conjures up bad shit from the past.

David Jones user not visiting Queenzone.com
David Jones
Deity: 2469 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 11, 12:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bloody hell, I remember nearly all of them - bring them back!

"Freddie would have loved it" - Brian May
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 11, 06:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Eggy was with Raspy - not Clit :-) They are both alive and well but not together anymore. Most of the people you, fatty,  mentioned are on facebook, I love to keep contact with old zoners via facebook these days like eggy, Raspy, Alli-James, Iron-Eagle, LiveAidFreddie , FreddieVTB, Inu-Liger; Chad, wstussyb, Janet, BobTheShrek, CatGurl ( a very cool lady - not a psycho at all),  Pieter, Erin,  Banquo, Brandon, Lisser, FriedChicken the Guru, people from the hub (bokkepoot, Zeni) and the chat room (Saturn, SallyJ), friends from Italy, Holland, Argentina and many, actually hundreds, more :-) Through Queenzone I met so many people who became online friends or even real life friends - just amazing. Recently, I remembered that I joined QZ about 10 years ago and I considered writing about it but I was afraid Inu-Liger would tell me to get a blog, lol.

I never moderated the forum, nor did Richard moderate it. However, I deleted dozens of trolls over the years and there was no charging or trial, just execution - benevolent dictatorship as Richard defines it :-)  Richard never wanted to censor user messages in any way, therefore content of messages was never censored (except for posts announcing official material) but spammers were deleted.  TED was not the worst troll - the worst troll was a Dutch guy who spammed the forums so badly that I had to issue a formal complaint to his provider to stop him.

Like fatty I remember some cool Queenzoners who vanished and were never seen again. For example Chuffy (real name Claire), Black Queen (real name Paloma), ogre t raylot (real name David), RipVanWinkle (Michael), Opposition (unknown)

I do not want any google ads here.

emrabt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1118 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 11, 06:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oops, hit reply instead of edit.....

-fatty- 2850

Posted: 28 Feb 11, 12:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Barb. I was beginning to think I had alzheimers but now that you've mentioned the names, it's all come back to me. I remember Eggy and Raspy and I dont know how I could have forgotten Chuffy. She was a real sweetheart. I also remember Catgurl and I must have her mixed up with someone else. Who was the girl who tried to get people to send her money?
I also need a good hard kick in the balls for forgetting Brandon, LiveAidQueen, Iron Eagle and Lisser, although Lisser is still around isn't she?
It's interesting that you keep in touch with FreddieVTB. He and I never got along but I suppose we're both a little more grown up these days and I certainly don't want to dig up old bones.
If you do still keep in touch with some of the old-timers it'd be nice if you asked them to stop by and say hello again.
Thanks again Barb.

fatty.

David Jones user not visiting Queenzone.com
David Jones
Deity: 2469 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 11, 12:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm glad someone remembered! It was starting to bug me who Eggy was with.

I remember Chuffy too! Wasn't she learning to play the bass?

"Freddie would have loved it" - Brian May
ParisNair user not visiting Queenzone.com
See right through you!!
ParisNair
Bohemian: 873 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 11, 13:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YV wrote:
 Recently, I remembered that I joined QZ about 10 years ago and I considered writing about it ...

Hey, go on write about it! I'll be interested in reading about it.

I joined in 2005, apparently the same year that TM did, and Rodgers was not responsible for it, trust me :-)

I remember one guy alled 911 or some such number. Very irritating with his "know it all" attitude about media formats ad stuff, but he was indeed knowledgable, I think.

And I think Sir GH has been here for a really long time too?

Janet user not visiting Queenzone.com
Janet
Deity: 3937 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 11, 13:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi everyone! :-)

I joined Queenzone in 1997.

I still peek here weekly or so,  I just seldom post anymore. As  YourValentine posted above, there are lots and lots of Zoners on Facebook that still communicate regularly! I am still good friends with Bob the Shrek and his wife Karen. Alli James (whose real name is Amanda) is also a very dear friend of mine, and is now a lovely young woman who got married last August :-) The last time I communicated with DeaconJohn (David) was about a year ago. Brandon is on Facebook, as well as LiveAidQueen (Kayla), who is engaged to be married. I'd love to have a reunion of "old Zoners", would be fun!!

-If you want the best seat in the house, you have to move the cat.

.DeaconJohn. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 437 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 11, 13:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello everyone.

It's strange how these things happen; I probably check Queenzone at the rate of about twice a year - but something that happened recently caused Queenzone to come back in to my mind. A couple of days ago I was at a friend's engagement party (a friend who also by chance has met Fatty! - it's the friend who I went to Edinburgh with when I met Fatty all those years ago) - towards the end of the night, there was a couple of songs played where the bride and groom to be had to get up and do a slow dance in front of everyone and make a show of themselves. The DJ must have had a twisted sense of humour because one of the songs that was played was Who Wants to Live Forever - it was one of the most hilarious and surreal things I've seen.

I've been listening to Queen a bit since that night and I decided to check Queenzone last night - I was of course well chuffed to see Fatty had just put a post up - on the rare occasions when I have checked Queenzone in recent years I don't recognise most of the posters any more.

I was 17 when I joined Queenzone; I recently turned 27 - when I joined I was in the first year of my A-Levels at school - school now seems like a past life, university has come and gone, and now I'm just another pleb sitting in an office all day!

I have very fond memories of Queenzone over the 3 or 4 years when it was at it's best (for me anyway). I've been a member of a few different forums since then, but none of them are as fun as Queenzone was 'back in the day' - loads of great people, a few entertaining nutters, and some posters who I got to know well outside of Queenzone. As to what those people are up to now:

Chuffy - been a few years since I heard anything about Chuffy (real name Claire) - I think the last I heard of her she was engaged and was training to be a paramedic. So with any luck she is married now, and a paramedic! Actually I've just searched for her 'real name' on Facebook and found that she does indeed have a Facebook profile, so I'll have to add her and find out how she's getting on.

Amanda (Alli) James - now all grown up; happily married and working as a teacher.

Janet - still as wonderfully crazy as ever and living with her family (husband Dan, son Chris, and a larger collection of animals than any sane person would have) in Ohio.

BobTheShrek - got hitched a few years back and I believe is living in Sheffield. Been a while since I've communicated directly with him but I always ask after him on the (still rare) occasion that I speak to Janet and he seems to be doing really well for himself these days. He has ventured over the pond a couple of times to meet up with Janet.

There's also numerous other people of course who have been and left who made Queenzone such a fantastic place. I have very fond memories of Queenzone and I'll probably always check in from time to time.

What about you then Fatty? Have you published any more books? I still have the books you gave me in Edniburgh, I even still have the Queen complete works LP set that you sent over god knows how many years ago. I was over in Edinburgh recently actually; in early December during the big freeze - walking up Arthur's Seat in a blizzard is difficult but definitely worth it - honestly!

And finally, a little piece of nostalgia: using the internet wayback website, it is possible to view cached copies of old web pages; one such webpage which was preserved was a topic started by Chuffy, wishing me a happy 18th birthday:

http://web.archive.org/web/20020110003006/queenzone.com/queen/forum/topic_view.asp?Q_FORUM_ID=3&Q_FORUM_NAME=Personal&Q_FORUM_TOPIC_ID=39912&TOPIC_SUBJECT=Happy+Birthday+DEACONJOHN

greaserkat user not visiting Queenzone.com
greaserkat
Bohemian: 678 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 11, 15:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

-fatty- wrote: She was a real sweetheart. I also remember Catgurl and I must have her mixed up with someone else. Who was the girl who tried to get people to send her money?

fatty.

Wasn't that Arleen Weiss?  I remember her saying that she couldn't even get a job at Mc Donald's because they did a credit check or something.

Darling, Im not going to be a rockstar, Im going to be a LEGEND!!
Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3053 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 11, 16:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've been checking QZ since 1999, although only joined up a couple of years ago (well, not strictly true, but there was a gap of a couple of years, and when I came back I had forgotten my old username and password etc).  Anyway, I remember all those names and several of the conversations too lol (and now I think of it, my name may have been Gizzymomo?  I know I used that on the old QFC chatroom...).

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
The Real Wizard user is on Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18628 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 11, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ParisNair wrote:

I remember one guy alled 911 or some such number. Very irritating with his "know it all" attitude about media formats ad stuff, but he was indeed knowledgable, I think.

===================

928.  He actually recently passed away !

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 01 Mar 11, 05:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can I add myself to this list? ;-)

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts

Posted: 01 Mar 11, 05:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I miss Flashman and Archie's shenanigans...

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 01 Mar 11, 13:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dan C. wrote: I miss Flashman and Archie's shenanigans...

+1. Those two were quite a pair!

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.