Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Huge Favor For Stormtroopers in Stillettos Exhibition

forum rss feed
Author

jamster1111 user not visiting Queenzone.com
jamster1111
Bohemian: 844 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 11, 22:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've heard that the full Rainbow 1974 is being shown at the Exhibition. If so, does anyone mind filming part of the show that HASN'T been shown. This means maybe filming Flick of the Wrist or Seven Seas of Rhye. 

Also can someone maybe take note of the setlist?

Thanks if anyone can do this HUGE favor...many thanks :)


It's late, but it's time to set me free

It's late, yes I know but there's no way it has to be

Too late, so let the fire take our bodies this night

So late, so let the waters take our guilt in the t
MERQRY user not visiting Queenzone.com
MERQRY
Bohemian: 746 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 11, 22:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good request,brian!
Would be great watch Flick,Seven seas or even the complete Father To son and Liar from Rainbow!


"I will destroy any man who dares abuse my trust" Freddie Mercury
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 11, 02:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Footage starts backstage - then the band come down the back stairs and queue up ("Who's going on first" "We're in the right order") while the intro tape plays...then

1. Now I'm Here
2. Ogre Battle
3. Father To Son
4. White Queen
5. Flick Of The Wrist

The following are played (but I can't remember the sequence)

Medley is 3x SHA (one of which is KQ) & ends with MOTBQ

Leroy Brown, ITLOTG, Liar, Keep Yourself Alive, Son And Daughter, Seven Seas Of Rhye (Introduced by RT as "this is a good one"), ITLOTG....Revisited.

Encore is

Hey Big Spender
Modern Times Rock N Roll
Jailhouse Rock

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 11, 03:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks, PG! It's great that a complete video exists.

Yeah, the medley is probably In The Lap Of The Gods, Killer Queen, The March and Leroy Brown.

Were there any overdubs that you could hear? I have always thought Roger's screams in Lap Of The Gods were overdubbed...


John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 11, 04:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*sigh*  Now THAT would be an awesome extra dvd for the SHA deluxe. :(


Killed by drones.
jamster1111 user not visiting Queenzone.com
jamster1111
Bohemian: 844 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 11, 08:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can anyone film some of it with their phone?


It's late, but it's time to set me free

It's late, yes I know but there's no way it has to be

Too late, so let the fire take our bodies this night

So late, so let the waters take our guilt in the t
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 11, 11:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rick's plan for the medley looks right.

I wonder if Greg is any good with a camera phone...?

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 11, 14:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rick wrote:

Were there any overdubs that you could hear? I have always thought Roger's screams in Lap Of The Gods were overdubbed...

=================

I doubt it, as Roger nailed the scream on every other SHA tour recording I've heard..

Thanks for the setlist, PG.  But surely Stone Cold Crazy must have been in there too, yes?


"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Val Lurex user not visiting Queenzone.com
Val Lurex
Deity: 2714 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 11, 14:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Please, can anybody film it?


"I really feel like being evil tonight."
spaceboy1972 user not visiting Queenzone.com
spaceboy1972
Champion: 73 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 11, 16:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Rainbow footage looked clear - better than Earls Court. That footage is sharp but has microphony - wouldn't it be amazing if the guys who cleaned up a lot of the Doctor Who stuff got there hands on this! :-)

spaceboy1972 user not visiting Queenzone.com
spaceboy1972
Champion: 73 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 11, 16:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Also surprised me how so many people just walked past the laptops without looking at this amazing footage!

A Word In Your Ear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1788 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Mar 11, 05:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Since this exhibition is to promote the first 5 albums & the DVD release of "Hammy '75"  is lurking around the corner for an official release,  would be good if this "More complete" version of the Rainbow, got an official release too!!! (one can live in hope, lol!!!)


Joyful the sound
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Mar 11, 16:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry. SCC was indeed played too...

Freddie's "Do you like my jewels...a present from the devil himself" is in the intro, btw, so for all I know the B side of the Miracle is from the first night...

victor fleitas user not visiting Queenzone.com
victor fleitas
Bohemian: 209 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Mar 11, 19:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have a question...

the footage of the rainbow concert, and the others too, in wich format they are?

i mean, 4:3, or 16:9?

The rainbow concert, was filmed on film, for movie theaters, so, maybe they were originally filmed to be displayed on 16:9, like the montreal concert, instead of most of the others shows that were filmed for tv, on 4:3...

so, if (IF) the rainbow is on 16:9, it is because it was cutted out the lower and upper part of the video, or it really have more image on the sides?

Thanks...

Ps: Sorry for my crappy english...

MERQRY user not visiting Queenzone.com
MERQRY
Bohemian: 746 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Mar 11, 20:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

victor fleitas wrote: I have a question...

the footage of the rainbow concert, and the others too, in wich format they are?

i mean, 4:3, or 16:9?

The rainbow concert, was filmed on film, for movie theaters, so, maybe they were originally filmed to be displayed on 16:9, like the montreal concert, instead of most of the others shows that were filmed for tv, on 4:3...

so, if (IF) the rainbow is on 16:9, it is because it was cutted out the lower and upper part of the video, or it really have more image on the sides?

Thanks...

Ps: Sorry for my crappy english...
-------------------
Rainbow 74 wasn´t recroded exactly in Film 35 mm but in 2´ (Telecine)


"I will destroy any man who dares abuse my trust" Freddie Mercury
victor fleitas user not visiting Queenzone.com
victor fleitas
Bohemian: 209 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Mar 11, 22:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MERQRY wrote: victor fleitas wrote: I have a question...

the footage of the rainbow concert, and the others too, in wich format they are?

i mean, 4:3, or 16:9?

The rainbow concert, was filmed on film, for movie theaters, so, maybe they were originally filmed to be displayed on 16:9, like the montreal concert, instead of most of the others shows that were filmed for tv, on 4:3...

so, if (IF) the rainbow is on 16:9, it is because it was cutted out the lower and upper part of the video, or it really have more image on the sides?

Thanks...

Ps: Sorry for my crappy english...
-------------------
Rainbow 74 wasn´t recroded exactly in Film 35 mm but in 2´ (Telecine)

Telecine (pronounced /'t?l?s?ni/ or /?t?l?'s?ni?/) is the process of transferring motion picture film into video form. The term is also used to refer to the equipment used in the process.[1] Telecine enables a motion picture, captured originally on film, to be viewed with standard video equipment, such as televisions, video cassette decks (VCR s) or computers.

I dont get it... shouldnt they keep the original films?

MERQRY user not visiting Queenzone.com
MERQRY
Bohemian: 746 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Mar 11, 23:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

victor fleitas wrote: MERQRY wrote: victor fleitas wrote: I have a question...

the footage of the rainbow concert, and the others too, in wich format they are?

i mean, 4:3, or 16:9?

The rainbow concert, was filmed on film, for movie theaters, so, maybe they were originally filmed to be displayed on 16:9, like the montreal concert, instead of most of the others shows that were filmed for tv, on 4:3...

so, if (IF) the rainbow is on 16:9, it is because it was cutted out the lower and upper part of the video, or it really have more image on the sides?

Thanks...

Ps: Sorry for my crappy english...
-------------------
Rainbow 74 wasn´t recroded exactly in Film 35 mm but in 2´ (Telecine)

Telecine (pronounced /'t?l?s?ni/ or /?t?l?'s?ni?/) is the process of transferring motion picture film into video form. The term is also used to refer to the equipment used in the process.[1] Telecine enables a motion picture, captured originally on film, to be viewed with standard video equipment, such as televisions, video cassette decks (VCR s) or computers.

I dont get it... shouldnt they keep the original films?
----------------
No,no the gig was recorded in 2" (2 inch) and latter tranfered to Telecine for theatres.They never recorded this in Film.
I think exists the original 2" tape in the archives....


"I will destroy any man who dares abuse my trust" Freddie Mercury
victor fleitas user not visiting Queenzone.com
victor fleitas
Bohemian: 209 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Mar 11, 06:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ahh... now i get it... and if they have kept the 2´ tapes, what might be the best resolution for that? I hope it is close to 720p... at least. so that we could have a proper bluray release... I think that every day that passes, becomes more difficult for shows like hammy 75 to get released, because, on todays screens, dvd looks really bad, especially old recordings, and in 4:3..

since all screens now are commonly 16:9...