Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Queen 40

forum rss feed
Author

Bo Rhap user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bo Rhap
Bohemian: 534 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Mar 11, 06:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So this is what we are getting on April 4th according to this place.

http://www.recordstore.co.uk/productdetail.jsp?productPK=unittest-cUN2A64PbsVWpmduqN3IEb-1

Might get it cheaper in Amazon and places like that.

I never forget a face,

but in your case i'll be glad to

make an exception-Groucho Marx
splicksplack user not visiting Queenzone.com
splicksplack
Bohemian: 428 posts

Posted: 09 Mar 11, 07:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I got an email about that as well.

So if the release date is March 14th...why April 4th for the box????

Surely not hoping that the more mental amongst us wil not be able to wait and buy the individual albums on the 14th and then buy the box set AS WELL on the 4th?????

(and then the itunes sets for the videos)

No Freddie, No John.....No Queen
Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3027 posts

Posted: 09 Mar 11, 07:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

splicksplack wrote: I got an email about that as well.

Surely not hoping that the more mental amongst us wil not be able to wait and buy the individual albums on the 14th and then buy the box set AS WELL on the 4th?????

(and then the itunes sets for the videos) =============================================================================================

This is the decision I've made - ALL my current Queen collection is up for sale.  I mean everything - all the LPs, CDs, Cassettes, singles, boxes, solo stuff, books etc I have.  I will then buy the new remasters so I just have 1 set of everything, in the new Island era, and that will be it.  And since this box is coming out, I'll do it that way.  So I'll wait until April rather than next week.  And once again, I'll say fuck iTunes.

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
Voice of Reason 2014 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1052 posts

Posted: 09 Mar 11, 08:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wasn't planning on getting the re-releases but now that I've seen this box I'm mad for them!

(Sorry - I couldn't stay quiet any longer)

"Build your muscles as your body decays!"
spaceboy1972 user not visiting Queenzone.com
spaceboy1972
Champion: 73 posts

Posted: 09 Mar 11, 13:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thistleboy 1980 wrote: splicksplack wrote: I got an email about that as well.

(and then the itunes sets for the videos) =============================================================================================

This is the decision I've made - ALL my current Queen collection is up for sale.  I mean everything - all the LPs, CDs, Cassettes, singles, boxes, solo stuff, books etc I have.  I will then buy the new remasters so I just have 1 set of everything, in the new Island era, and that will be it.  And since this box is coming out, I'll do it that way.  So I'll wait until April rather than next week.  And once again, I'll say fuck iTunes.

Wow Thistleboy - you're a brave chap - i couldn't part with my Queen lp's (even tho they're later matrix numbers and I and II are Fame editions!) Are you putting them up on ebay?

catqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
:)

Royalty: 1758 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 11, 13:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I cant really justify getting it, but i really badly want it... altho my birthday is coming up, come to think of it... maybe i can drop hints!

Val Lurex user not visiting Queenzone.com
Val Lurex
Deity: 2711 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 11, 14:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's better to buy each disc on March 14.

"I really feel like being evil tonight."
Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3027 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 11, 14:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

spaceboy1972 wrote:

Wow Thistleboy - you're a brave chap - i couldn't part with my Queen lp's (even tho they're later matrix numbers and I and II are Fame editions!) Are you putting them up on ebay?
=============================================================================================

It's already on ebay. Hasn't sold as of yet, but have had lots of interest and a few very promising mails about it.  Wouldn't bother me at all if it went - I used to think it would, but at the end of the day I have the music, the videos, the shows, the memories etc, and it's stuff that can be re-collected if I ever wanted.

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!