Forums > Personal > Footballer Sent Off For Tackling Streaker - WTF?

forum rss feed
Author

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Mar 11, 18:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No way.....you cannot be serious? (oops, wrong sport lol)

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/article/38227/

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 11, 06:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Even though the streaker wasn't allowed to be there in the first place, it's still a foul. Essentially, this gets treated the same way as if a player walked up to the dug-out and had a go at a member of the supporting staff.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

*goodco* user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1129 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 11, 10:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is how it should be done (Mike Curtis of the Baltimore Colts taking care of a drunk 'trespasser')

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdP2G7UtS9I

"Discretionary posting is the better part of valor." Falstaff
Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3057 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 11, 12:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ThomasQuinn wrote: Even though the streaker wasn't allowed to be there in the first place, it's still a foul. Essentially, this gets treated the same way as if a player walked up to the dug-out and had a go at a member of the supporting staff. =============================================================================================

I didn't think it was possible to commit a foul on anyone other than an opposing player?  And I'm assuming that the game had been halted by this point, so surely it just counts as a citizen's arrest lol?  The cunt could have had anything under that mankini (his nob would have been on his head, before anyone starts haha), so surely the player should have been lauded for protecting his colleagues and fellow players?

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 11, 18:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Its a pity the referee from this match wasnt there. He might have sent off everybody

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Strange-News/Argentina-Referee-Sets-World-Record-By-Sending-Off-36-Players-After-Football-Match-Turns-To-Brawl/Article/201103115945523

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 11, 03:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wonder if rules regarding streakers are written down somewhere? They might do after this incident.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."