Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Sao Paulo 20th March 1981

forum rss feed
Author

que.123 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 84 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Apr 11, 00:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does anyone reading this message have the full unedited video of this show - the original TV broadcast? Even if you don't want to share it would be interesting to know if it exists in the trading community.

Obviously the common circulating video is heavily edited and has "fake" views of the crowd all over the action. My understanding is that there is a 99% complete version circulating amongst collectors but it still cannot be the original broadcast as it has the red "Queen Special" advertisement break logo between some of the songs - on this version the "fake" views of the crowd are massively reduced  and it has a complete "Get Down, Make Love" (albeit with a commercial break in the middle of the song!!!).

Any information will be greatley appreciated.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 11, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great topic, one that has been discussed little.  Myself, I've never seen the uncut video from the live broadcast.  Has anyone else?

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
queenrocks!!!! 47980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
queenrocks!!!! 47980
Rocker: 24 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 11, 23:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've only seen the full version of Get Down Make Love but I do not remember where! = (

And91 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 63 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 11, 09:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I believe the Bandeirantes TV (who recorded and broadcast) has the entire gig in better quality and without edits in the vaults. Sadly they didn't rebroadcast this since the 80's.

Posted: 15 Apr 11, 05:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the replies.

I am a bit suprised that this topic didn't generate much debate, maybe no one has any new information which is fair enough.

In an attempt to put it back to the top of the list here are some screen shots from the 99% complete video which may not be familiar to most people.

The first is from that famous Queen song "Play the Same" the second is from Get Down, Make Love and the third (for SirGH in regard to his sound check thread) is from the sound check.

(The "Play the Same" graphic occurs at the start of Play the Game and is covered by "fake" crowd on the common video).

Attachment: 1106151977020878.bmp 1012 KB
This has been downloaded 31 time(s).

Posted: 15 Apr 11, 05:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: 1107152014542474.bmp 1012 KB
This has been downloaded 26 time(s).

Posted: 15 Apr 11, 05:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: 110815819498281.bmp 1 MB
This has been downloaded 27 time(s).

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 11, 16:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for posting the screenshots.  Any chance you could share your DVD?  This would be a very welcome addition to the collections of many.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 16 Apr 11, 09:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH I do not have the video yet I got the information and screenshots from a trader. I am currently working on stereo audio for this concert and when my audio project is complete I have an agreement to make the trade for the video.

I believe a 100% complete video is out there somewhere but I don't know anyone who has it (hence this thread), I know someone with the 99% complete video but as I say I haven't been able to make the trade yet.