Forums > Queen - General Discussion > This shows that Freddie was Queen

forum rss feed
Author

Mercuryking user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Apr 11, 03:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian to cooperate with that garbage Lady gaga is a disgrace. He is doing whatever he can to stay relevant in the music scene it seems. (even though the music scene is not a real music scene anymore)

They were all a team that helped getting to where they got BUT now its 20 years since Freddie left and really.. that is almost the same amount of time as Queen existed... It seems that without Freddie , Brian and Roger cant really make any nice good songs anymore.

Just saying what most think but wont dare to say. Freddie was in a sense Queen and the rest of the guys was needed to bring everything else that was needed for Freddies talent to shine.

I know they all made number 1 hit songs but i believe that Freddie had HUGE input/inpact in every one of these songs.
Just saying how i see it. How come we dont see anymore of these great songs anymore since Freddie is gone.....? A coincident? I think not.

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2752 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 11, 04:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mercury SingerOfLife wrote: Brian to cooperate with that garbage Lady gaga is a disgrace. He is doing whatever he can to stay relevant in the music scene it seems. (even though the music scene is not a real music scene anymore)

They were all a team that helped getting to where they got BUT now its 20 years since Freddie left and really.. that is almost the same amount of time as Queen existed... It seems that without Freddie , Brian and Roger cant really make any nice good songs anymore.

Just saying what most think but wont dare to say. Freddie was in a sense Queen and the rest of the guys was needed to bring everything else that was needed for Freddies talent to shine.

I know they all made number 1 hit songs but i believe that Freddie had HUGE input/inpact in every one of these songs.
Just saying how i see it. How come we dont see anymore of these great songs anymore since Freddie is gone.....? A coincident? I think not.
Get over yourself!....If freddie was Queen than why in hell does artist like the foo fighter's and Ga Ga want to work with Brian and Roger?.....Obviously because they were pretty good?.  let's not start this whole Freddie vs the rest of the band crap.   Queen wouldn't be a great band if only one member was great.

Posted: 19 Apr 11, 04:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No its the truth in my oppinion, offcourse brian and the rest of the guys were great musicians but they didnt have that "it" thing , that special talent. I couldnt careless what that talentless garbage Gaga thinks, she has no business being in the music industry.

You havent told me how come if they were equally as good as Freddie , that we havent seen any more of those super great songs that came out of Queen since freddie died?

Freddie was 75% of Queen

emrabt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1113 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 11, 05:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John Deacon, everything seemed to go down hill after he left, I think he was the quality control, keeping things up to standard.
Both Made In Heaven (the album) and no one but you have very little to no input from Freddie, but both are still very much Queen, The cosmos rocks has no John and doesn't have Queens sound.

Posted: 19 Apr 11, 07:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Common , John Deacon?? Really? You seriously think him instead of Freddie? Why cant people just admit that Freddie is the main reason Queen is this big? Its nothing bad about the rest of the band , they just simply could not compete with the sheer uniqueness and super talent that is Freddie.

Yea Noone but you was as good standard as other Queen songs but thats just because it was made with Freddie in mind. Everything involving Mercury turns to greatness. The cosmos rocks was total garbage and should NOT have the Queen name on it.

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2752 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 11, 07:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Never said they were equal to freddie....IMO, Freddie was the most creative in the band and wrote the most songs, but you said Freddie was Queen.  that's simply not true.  Brian was/is one of the most unique guitarist of his era.  Wrote crazy amount of great songs, and was easily the sound of Queen musically.  Both roger and John were solid as well.  freddie and Brian were like a less popular version of paul and john from the Beatles.  the fans alway's arguing who was better.   Both amazing, but Mercury and Lennon are usually the ones called a genuis.

Gregoryvincke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 111 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 11, 07:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie Mercury was obviously a very talented musician and artist, BUT Roger Taylor, Brian May and John deacon were/are exceptional musicians. It's that particular and unique combination that made them huge. In my opinion, Freddie Mercury showed them the right musical direction to approach, he defenitely was an intuitive leader, but Queen would defenitely not have been as successful would Freddie have been backed up by other, less talented, musicians.

Whisperer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1312 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 11, 08:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In my opinion Freddie was the one who made good songs into hit songs. The songs did not became better, someone might even say they became worse, but they became hits.

Not those are losers who fall, but those who don't stand up.
emrabt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1113 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 11, 08:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Common , John Deacon?? Really? You seriously think him instead of
Freddie? Why cant people just admit that Freddie is the main reason
Queen is this big?
===================

I didn't say it was john instead of Freddie, please don't put words in my mouth.
I said the quality of Queen in general dropped after john left, they were still up to a good standard, both musically and with the releases until then.
no ones going to deny that Freddie was the voice of queen, and it's impossible to replicate that with he other members. But the evidence indicates john was responsible for the high standard, at least behind the scenes.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12697 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 11, 08:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll pass on this thread.  Sounds like the frantic wailing of someone who just woke up and realised who he was.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller

Posted: 19 Apr 11, 08:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Whisperer wrote: In my opinion Freddie was the one who made good songs into hit songs. The songs did not became better, someone might even say they became worse, but they became hits.
Exactly. Couldn't have stated it in a  better way

Silken user not visiting Queenzone.com
Silken
Bohemian: 271 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 11, 09:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm saying something obvious, but Queen was the four of them. I think that if Brian, Roger or John had died instead of Freddie, the band would have disappeared as well. Each member was irreplaceable.

However, I do think that if it wasn't because of Freddie, Queen had never been as big as it was.

Soundfreak user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 378 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 11, 10:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Topics like this are total rubbish.

A band is all about chemistry. It's four or five people that create a certain magic. Take one away and the magic or part of it is gone.  Or to quote a famous sentence: The sum of a band is bigger than the sum of it's parts.

Those who claim, that only Freddie was important, have no idea at all how bands work and they live in some weird fantasy world.

In case of Freddie it's even more obvious that it was not all about him. His only solo album "Mr Bad Guy" was a commercial flop - although he even tried to make his guitar player sound like Brian May......

Silken user not visiting Queenzone.com
Silken
Bohemian: 271 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 11, 10:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Soundfreak wrote:

In case of Freddie it's even more obvious that it was not all about him. His only solo album "Mr Bad Guy" was a commercial flop - although he even tried to make his guitar player sound like Brian May......

I agree 100%

Posted: 19 Apr 11, 11:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A commercial flop has nothing to do with good music in my oppinion. Mr Bad guy is still 10000 times better than anything Brian or Roger has come up with combined in the last 20 years with the exception of No one but you.

Why cant people just accept  the fact that Freddie just was that special? He was and still is that special , he was the reason the rest of the band even made good songs. His influence on them, his mind, his energi made them what they were , and now as you can see, the guy goes off writing songs with the most talentless garbage there is , Gaga. Soon it will be with Justin beaver.

You all try to sound so diplomatic , as was Freddie but we all know the truth. That is that Freddie was light years ahead of every musician there is out there.

Posted: 19 Apr 11, 11:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mercury SingerOfLife wrote: A commercial flop has nothing to do with good music in my oppinion. Mr Bad guy is still 10000 times better than anything Brian or Roger has come up with combined in the last 20 years with the exception of No one but you.

Why cant people just accept  the fact that Freddie just was that special? He was and still is that special , he was the reason the rest of the band even made good songs. His influence on them, his mind, his energi made them what they were , and now as you can see, the guy goes off writing songs with the most talentless garbage there is , Gaga. Soon it will be with Justin beaver.

You all try to sound so diplomatic , as was Freddie but we all know the truth. That is that Freddie was light years ahead of every musician there is out there.

Freddie Mercury: individual
Brian May: individual
Roger Taylor: individual
John Deacon: individual

Four individuals, writing, influencing, performing together =  Queen = Brilliant music.

Got it Mercury SingerOfLife?

Posted: 19 Apr 11, 11:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie Mercury: God (of music)
Brian May: individual
Roger Taylor: individual
John Deacon: individual
Three individuals plus one music god, writing, influencing, performing together = Queen
Now: Two lost musicians writing crap songs with an crap artist.

There i corrected it for you :)

YannickJoker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 297 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 11, 12:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it's fair to say Freddie was largely responsible for their success, but that's as far as it goes. Freddie was 1/4 Queen, just like the other three.

============

emrabt wrote:
Both Made In Heaven (the album) and no one but you have very little to no input from Freddie, but both are still very much Queen

============

Made in Heaven very little input from Freddie? He wrote or co-wrote 7 of the 10 tracks! He may have had no input in the way the album was edited and which songs were put on, but he had a lot of input in the material itself. Not trying to say anything with that, just pointing it out.

Posted: 19 Apr 11, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YannickJoker wrote: I think it's fair to say Freddie was largely responsible for their success, but that's as far as it goes. Freddie was 1/4 Queen, just like the other three.

============

emrabt wrote:
Both Made In Heaven (the album) and no one but you have very little to no input from Freddie, but both are still very much Queen

============

Made in Heaven very little input from Freddie? He wrote or co-wrote 7 of the 10 tracks! He may have had no input in the way the album was edited and which songs were put on, but he had a lot of input in the material itself. Not trying to say anything with that, just pointing it out. ===============================================================================

YannickJoker: Apperently it does not matter even if he wrote 150 of 200 songs, he still is only 25% of Queen cause you cant ever be better than the other person. It just isnt possible, when you form a band everyone becomes just equal no matter if one is super good and the other mediocre.

That is the reasoning of Queenzone and others. Just cause you are in a band doesnt mean they are all equally good and they werent either, Freddie was the true talent. As said before , Freddie is light years ahead of EVERYONE.

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1703 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 11, 13:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And you come to this conclusion just now?

After mountains of useless compilations...?
After substandard releases with crappy artwork...?
After them working with Five, Beyoncé, Pink and Britney...?
After the We Will Rock You musical, after McFly...?
After failed 'experiments' like the Queen Top 100 Bootlegs or Q+PR's "street team"...?
After Kerry Ellis and "Anthems"...?

Oh yes, I can see it now... THIS is the moment we will remember everything started going down hill...
Not the other embarrasements from the past...

No, you're right: THIS IS IT!