Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > BoRhap 7" vinyl is sold

forum rss feed
Author

ole-the-first user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 314 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Apr 11, 09:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So who is this lucky man who've got it? Will he share this unique edit?

E-mail: oleggolubkin[AT]rambler.ru
Dane user not visiting Queenzone.com
No strings attached!
Dane
Bohemian: 691 posts

Posted: 01 May 11, 13:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you're referring to the French edit of BoRhap.. it's not that special.
It's the same mix as the original, just without any operatic parts.

I can remake this mix in high quality.. or does that miss the point of having a digital version of this edit?

besides.. I dont think Im allowed to share an edit of officially released material. what's the deal here?

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Queen Visual Library (www.qvl.nl)
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 01 May 11, 14:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do you have it, Dane ? I wouldn't mind hearing an ACCURATE re-creation of the edit, but it MUST BE ACCURATE

Posted: 01 May 11, 15:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dane wrote: If you're referring to the French edit of BoRhap.. it's not that special.
It's the same mix as the original, just without any operatic parts.

I can remake this mix in high quality.. or does that miss the point of having a digital version of this edit?

besides.. I dont think Im allowed to share an edit of officially released material. what's the deal here?

==========
If you've got this edit in ORIGINAL, please write me at oleggolubkin@rambler.ru

I think we can reach the agreement!

Dane user not visiting Queenzone.com
No strings attached!
Dane
Bohemian: 691 posts

Posted: 04 May 11, 15:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here comes the 'I cant seem to find it anymore' story, and for that i am sorry. doesnt matter anyway, because the edit i had sounded nothing like the versions posted on youtube.. so i am at a loss.

If anyone has even a very crappy quality version of this edit they could send it to me. and I'll 'remaster' it :)

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Queen Visual Library (www.qvl.nl)
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 07 May 11, 06:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/QUEEN-7-BOHEMIAN-RHAPSODY-1978-FRANCE-PROMO-SP-621-/280657413148?pt=UK_Records&hash=item41587c441c#ht_806wt_1141

ole-the-first:  So who is this lucky man who've got it? Will he share this unique edit?

However; as we can all see, this single actually sold for £835.00 - so despite whatever language you speak - that is a *LOT* of money!

Personally, I was not the winning bidder, but why is it that when something sells for this sort of sum, there are those who *dare* ask "Will he share this unique edit?"  and (worse still) believe they have every "right" to do so...

WHY?

If someone has *paid* silly money to listen to this record, personally, I would not expect any freebies from that collector - nor would I have the brazen cheek to ask!
Likewise, if I bought this disc, why would I feel the need to share it - because a large part of this record's value *IS* it's uniqueness. Remove that (ie spread the track electronically) and the record will undoubtedly lose its value.

What I want to do here is spark a debate. I do want to act as devil's advocate, but simply why, where, and when did this "begging" mentality begin, and why do some folks feel that they have the God-given right to freebies, when they themselves are unwilling to put their own hands in their own pockets?

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3667 posts

Posted: 07 May 11, 06:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I guess if you don't ask, you don't get.

Posted: 07 May 11, 07:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/QUEEN-7-BOHEMIAN-RHAPSODY-1978-FRANCE-PROMO-SP-621-/280657413148?pt=UK_Records&hash=item41587c441c#ht_806wt_1141

ole-the-first:  So who is this lucky man who've got it? Will he share this unique edit?

However; as we can all see, this single actually sold for £835.00 - so despite whatever language you speak - that is a *LOT* of money!

Personally, I was not the winning bidder, but why is it that when something sells for this sort of sum, there are those who *dare* ask "Will he share this unique edit?"  and (worse still) believe they have every "right" to do so...

WHY?

If someone has *paid* silly money to listen to this record, personally, I would not expect any freebies from that collector - nor would I have the brazen cheek to ask!
Likewise, if I bought this disc, why would I feel the need to share it - because a large part of this record's value *IS* it's uniqueness. Remove that (ie spread the track electronically) and the record will undoubtedly lose its value.

What I want to do here is spark a debate. I do want to act as devil's advocate, but simply why, where, and when did this "begging" mentality begin, and why do some folks feel that they have the God-given right to freebies, when they themselves are unwilling to put their own hands in their own pockets?

============
Actually I don't think that this stuff is so unique, this is just an official edit of the official song. Anyway, I still think that there IS some sense if not to share it, but at least to put this edit into collectors' circle, what I have suggested later. I will be glad to swap this edit to any demos from my collection, although unshared demo stuff, even in bad quality, is more worthy than official edit of the official song.

Dodger Taylor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 215 posts

Posted: 08 May 11, 01:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Im not sure sharing it would necesarily reduce the records value that much as the sort of person that pays that amount of money would still have bought it even it the track was circulated.Its about having that valuable piece of plasic that few others have.
Having said that Im not asking the owner to share it as like you quite rightly say,he paid alot of money to own it and should do with it as he pleases.

people on streets user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1313 posts

Posted: 09 May 11, 05:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This so called unique edit has been circulating amongst traders for ages.
Nothing special really.

Ghostwithasmile is BACK! user is on Queenzone.com
Ghostwithasmile is BACK!
Bohemian: 940 posts

Posted: 09 May 11, 08:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pssssssstttt here is a little secret don't tell please :

Rumour has it that their is a live version of this edit availbe , you can find it on a obscure album called live magic....

It is the same trash idea and songtext as on the french buttchered version. Nothing special to want. When you recieve it you will be dissapointed !

Posted: 09 May 11, 09:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

:-)

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 09 May 11, 12:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

people on streets wrote:

This so called unique edit has been circulating amongst traders for ages.
Nothing special really.

Maybe, but for us "I Want It All" collectors, every different edit has a special value :-)

MERQRY user not visiting Queenzone.com
MERQRY
Bohemian: 746 posts

Posted: 09 May 11, 22:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The version that i have of these "edit" hasn´t the intro and the opera part...
Strarts with the piano part and mama just killed a man and after the solo (and the 4 o 5 piano beats) starts with the Hard rock section till the end of the song with the gong...

It´s a 7" single,too but since it hasn´t the cover i don´t know if is this french edit or any other (Official or Unofficial) edit...

"I will destroy any man who dares abuse my trust" Freddie Mercury
bigV user not visiting Queenzone.com
bigV
Royalty: 1646 posts

Posted: 10 May 11, 01:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Over the years I've come across two different edits of the track. The one is 3:04 in length - I think we all have that one and most of us would agree that it's a pretty good fake. 

Here's the other one: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maFIT0vayV8

Also a fake I think.

I'm with pittrek on this one. Any official edit is significant. And this one even more so, because it's the only official edit of this particular song AND because it was edited by John Deacon.

V.

I'm as mad as HELL, and I'm not going to take this anymore!

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 10 May 11, 04:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Hot Space test pressing with Cool Cat featuring Bowie is also rare, but the song itself isn't.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Posted: 10 May 11, 07:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

my point exactly

Posted: 10 May 11, 07:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:

people on streets wrote: This so called unique edit has been circulating amongst traders for ages.
Nothing special really.

Maybe, but for us "I Want It All" collectors, every different edit has a special value :-)

Ah yes. Collectors. I used to be one of them. Strange people ;-) I have sent you a mail btw.

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 10 May 11, 10:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think you have all missed the point of my reply...

Ole wrote just two sentences:

"So who is this lucky man who've got it?"
"Will he share this unique edit?"

Perhaps it is just me, or perhaps it's a generational thing, but why not quit after the first sentence - after all, you had my full support with that one.

I do not own this 7" single, but I would take it for granted that it is now the buyer's property - and I would never dream that the final bidder should share this track.

S/he paid a lot of money for that privilege, and it seems to me that the biggest begging demands come from those who are either too tight fisted to put their own hands in their own pockets - or else, if they DID own something exclusive they would expect the earth in return.

This is not a rant - and I agree it may be generational, but how I hate it when (I presume) newbies, and the younger generation, who have purchased very little music in their lives expect all music (Official or otherwise) FREE, because the internet has allowed this to happen via P-2-P.

In my day the solution was simples. If you wanted "See What A Fool.." or "A Human Body" you bought the single. If you did not, then you certainly did not complain against the guys who did, and one would never expect them to share.

Perhaps it wasn't only Queen the band who lost their dignity after Freddie's death - perhaps their fanbase lost theirs also?

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."

Posted: 10 May 11, 11:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In your days there was file sharing too. Cassette copy trading was huge. You know that.
Nothing has changed, except the media thru wich the file is being swapped among fans. Welcome to the 21ste century.