Forums > Queen - General Discussion > If you had to choose what concert gets released what would you choose?

forum rss feed
Author

jamster1111 user not visiting Queenzone.com
jamster1111
Bohemian: 844 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Apr 11, 00:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For me it would be:

1. Hammersmith 1979 - Great setlist, great performance, and as we now know, they have the whole concert and it's capable of being in great quality. Also it contains a lot of hits plus some non-heard album tracks so it would be perfect for both sets of fans. They can release it with bonus features with more Crazy Tour footage and some Live Killers stuff. 

2. Earls Court '77 - This has potential to make an excellent release. They can do a combo of both nights like they did with Montreal and take the better performances of songs from each night. And there can be bonus material from more concert material from that era and maybe some of the Bob Harris documentary. Nonetheless, great setlist as well and you gotta love Freddie's outfit!

3. Rainbow ' 74 - That would great if they can do a combo of both nights with this one as well and the COMPLETE show with none of those stupid random cuts. The band were truly on fire during this show and Freddie sang very well live then as it was before he got vocal nodules. This is some nice early material that the hard-core fans (like me) who like the early unknown album tracks would like. 

4. Hyde Park '76 - If they could fix Freddie's pitch this would make an excellent release due to the whole atmosphere and mainly because Queen played to so many people. However, if they just improved the quality without slightly touching upon Freddie's vocal I wouldn't wanna see that get out there as I feel it would be an embarrassment to Freddie as his monitors probably weren't working and he could barely hear himself...not to mention the fact that they were playing to 130,000 people!

5. Rock In Rio '85 (First Night) - Great show!!! Really underrated and probably they're best 80's show (not counting Live Aid). Really great vocal performances throughout, and despite some small mistakes due to nervousness, the band were pretty much on fire that night too. The atmosphere was probably the best part because Queen played to over 250,000 that night and there were several points in the show where the audience sang along to the songs. The only reason why this is number 5 on my list is because we already have 3 80's official releases but if you had to choose another 80's one, this would be it.

Queen Productions: PLEASE don't just release Hammersmith 1975 and than forget about these other concerts. Yes I know most of the work is done on that gig but these are all SO MUCH BETTER concerts and would make much better official releases. The Hammy show was hardly even an hour long! Please don't waste it for the official release!

It's late, but it's time to set me free

It's late, yes I know but there's no way it has to be

Too late, so let the fire take our bodies this night

So late, so let the waters take our guilt in the t
formulaone+queenmad user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 23 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 11, 00:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I believe we need Hammersmith 1979 as it captures Freddie and Queen at one of their finest points with him hitting all those notes so well! :D Also Hyde Park after seeing the You Take My Breath Away in that quality!

GinjaNinja user is on Queenzone.com
GinjaNinja
Bohemian: 641 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 11, 03:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For me it'd be the March Rainbow show hands down. There's something magic about it.

Property Of Queen Productions...
A Word In Your Ear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1783 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 11, 04:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It would be Knebworth '86.  I know they say they don't have the footage + we already have Wembley from the same tour, But Knebworth for me. for obvious reasons.

Joyful the sound
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12697 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 11, 05:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is literally no excuse for there not being a Queen DVD of live 70's stuff, similar to the one that Zeppelin put out a few years ago, (the one with the desert on the cover).

They seem content to sell increasingly banal compilations and remasters, oftentimes with piecemeal glimpses at some of the live stuff they're hanging onto.  It's a bit annoying.  It's not the end of the world - but I would like to buy some of this stuff as opposed to having to constantly poke around on Youtube or bittorrent for it.  QPL don't seem to understand - I have money, and I'm willing to part with it.  *shrug*

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
peterkoz1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 102 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 11, 07:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hi freddie
queenUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com
...... as it began
queenUSA
Bohemian: 596 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 11, 09:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I want Rainbow in the worst way ....

I had not shared this with anyone here but recently, at home, I let it be known that if I had a time machine the very first place I would go is back to Rainbow 1974 for the concert ... others were taken a back by my statement and stated much loftier things like going back in time to see Christ.  I did feel a bit of guilt in that.  But I still want Rainbow.

I'll be right behind you, right until the ends of the Earth
ITSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1019 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 11, 09:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Houston '77 or something else from the A Day at the Races tour.

Chuck Norris never sleeps, he waits...
Val Lurex user not visiting Queenzone.com
Val Lurex
Deity: 2709 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 11, 10:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

At first I'd choose Rainbow to be released, then Hammy '79.  Though things don't look too promising.

"I really feel like being evil tonight."
dougie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 67 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 11, 18:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow.

Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3169 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 11, 21:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would chose 4/25/1979. The way Freddie manages to hit those incredible notes is unbelievable!

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
jpf user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 710 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 11, 01:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen needs to release dvd sets like the "KISSology" series.

I personally want dvds of the '70s concerts, particularly SHA, ANATO, ADATR, NOTW, and Jazz.

"Every night's a party at Melina's mansion!"
cmi user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmi
Bohemian: 584 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 11, 07:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote: There is literally no excuse for there not being a Queen DVD of live 70's stuff, similar to the one that Zeppelin put out a few years ago, (the one with the desert on the cover).

Led Zeppelin DVD is excellent release for public, but for fans it's pretty pointless. No one needs 4-5 tracks from major concerts in one compilation, when each concert can be released separately in full its glory. Thank God we have complete footage of two Earls Court '75 shows and two Knebworth '79 shows on bootleg market now.

I don't think anybody else here  wants to see an official compilation DVD of Queen in '70 to be released with 3-5 tracks from Rainbow'74, Hammersmith '75, Hyde Park '76, Earls Court '76, Houston '77, Paris '79, Hammersmith '79. I think everyone needs complete sets from each tour.

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6245 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 11, 10:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hammersmith '79, no contest.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4789 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 11, 15:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hyde Park 1976

Historical concert. Great atmosphere. Great camera angles. Interesting setlist. The band, I'm sure, were playing great. Don't be fooled by the absymal bootleg video.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18453 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 11, 16:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My vote goes for Hyde Park as well, although I'd be equally happy with a more complete Rainbow 74.  But realistically, I foresee a Hammersmith 75 DVD release with a few songs from Hyde Park as extras.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Isle0fRed user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 143 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 11, 18:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would ask for the Budepest 86 gig cause that is miles better than wembley, but then again many concerts are better than wembely. The Budepest gig would also have the glory of having Full HD like Monteral, hopefully with 7.1 DTS Master Audio. Of Course, I would prefer the full concert, but I wouldn't argue with a HD release of the LaserDisc/VHS release.

Richard
Fast Five was a big disapointment, Sucker Punch is the worst film of 2011

marcenciels user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 194 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 11, 20:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12,

I agree with you 100 %!!!   I think i'm at 95% with you, from the day i joined Queenzone ;)

I find it nice that they re-master, but...i Dont need nor want that!

I am a long time fan and collector. My wish is to have all the live videos possible.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12697 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 11, 01:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I think everyone needs complete sets from each tour. "

The reason this hasn't happened yet is that it's not as realistic as a compilation.  I would like 4 or 5 complete 70's gigs myself, but I'm not sure that would sell as good.  I'd love to be proven wrong - more than anything though, I would simply like good Queen product to be on the shelf again.  70's gigs, and GVH3 (I still want those Innuendo videos).

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
HamsterP user not visiting Queenzone.com
HamsterP
Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 11 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 11, 01:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My choice is "Hammersmith 1979". \m/

( \____/ )

(= ' o ' =)

('")___('")

Copy and paste The Hamster into your signature to help him gain world domination.