Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Similarities between Bohemian Rhapsody and Styx's Come Sail Away Video

forum rss feed
Author

jamster1111 user not visiting Queenzone.com
jamster1111
Bohemian: 844 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Apr 11, 14:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was watching the video for Come Sail Away and I noticed it is EXTREMELY similar to the BoRhap music video. Styx's video was only 2 years later and they were probably influenced by Queen's video. 

Here's the Styx video: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5MAg_yWsq8

Notice the similarities in outfits between Freddie and Dennis DeYoung, very similar hairstyle, same white piano, similar camera angles and style of filming, and especially how at 2:28 Dennis gets up from the piano in a very similar way that Freddie did before the guitar solo in the BoRhap video....coincidence?...plus don't a lot of the spots like 2:08-2:15 look rather familiar?

It's late, but it's time to set me free

It's late, yes I know but there's no way it has to be

Too late, so let the fire take our bodies this night

So late, so let the waters take our guilt in the t
mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3668 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 11, 14:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My ears have just been sick

jpf user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 710 posts

Posted: 01 May 11, 02:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The two songs and the two videos have nothing in common.

"Every night's a party at Melina's mansion!"
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts

Posted: 01 May 11, 04:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If they've both got a white piano, they're virtually the same!!!!!

Moreover, have you noticed both are COLOUR videos and in both cases the lyrics are in ENGLISH???????

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Believe In Yourself user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 64 posts

Posted: 01 May 11, 08:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jamster1111 wrote: I was watching the video for Come Sail Away and I noticed it is EXTREMELY similar to the BoRhap music video.

Where is the opera section?

queenUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com
...... as it began
queenUSA
Bohemian: 596 posts

Posted: 01 May 11, 09:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jamster1111 wrote: I was watching the video for Come Sail Away and I noticed it is EXTREMELY similar to the BoRhap music video. Styx's video was only 2 years later and they were probably influenced by Queen's video. 

Here's the Styx video: 

Notice the similarities in outfits between Freddie and Dennis DeYoung, very similar hairstyle, same white piano, similar camera angles and style of filming, and especially how at 2:28 Dennis gets up from the piano in a very similar way that Freddie did before the guitar solo in the BoRhap video....coincidence?...plus don't a lot of the spots like 2:08-2:15 look rather familiar? _________________________________________________
Good eye jamster1111.

After seeing the video - yeah, there seems to be an uncanny staging vibe for all the reasons you pointed out above.  They should have gone all the way and added some stage smoke.  Low budget, but I see it too.

Those cheeky cheerios at Styx thought they could sail away with being Freddie for a day ... but fast forward to 2011 and they're on QZ.

I'll be right behind you, right until the ends of the Earth
...... as it began
queenUSA

jamster1111 wrote: I was watching the video for Come Sail Away and I noticed it is EXTREMELY similar to the BoRhap music video. Styx's video was only 2 years later and they were probably influenced by Queen's video. 

Here's the Styx video: 

Notice the similarities in outfits between Freddie and Dennis DeYoung, very similar hairstyle, same white piano, similar camera angles and style of filming, and especially how at 2:28 Dennis gets up from the piano in a very similar way that Freddie did before the guitar solo in the BoRhap video....coincidence?...plus don't a lot of the spots like 2:08-2:15 look rather familiar? _________________________________________________
Good eye jamster1111.

After seeing the video - yeah, there seems to be an uncanny staging vibe for all the reasons you pointed out above.  They should have gone all the way and added some stage smoke.  Low budget, but I see it too.

Those cheeky cheerios at Styx thought they could sail away with being Freddie for a day ... but fast forward to 2011 and they're on QZ.

...... as it began
queenUSA

Here's the Styx video: 

Good eye jamster1111.

...... as it began
queenUSA

Here's the Styx video: 

Good eye jamster1111.

...... as it began
queenUSA

Here's the Styx video: 

Good eye jamster1111.

...... as it began
queenUSA

Here's the Styx video: 

Good eye jamster1111.