add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 May 11, 22:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

burn in hell bitch, burn in hell

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 01 May 11, 23:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It took less than 72 hours to upstage the Royal Wedding with real news.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 01 May 11, 23:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oshi-   ^

And YAY @ Osama's death. *glares at Kim Jong-Il, you're next*

pma user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3462 posts

Posted: 02 May 11, 01:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Four more years, four more years, four more years...

"I think now I can make love to your anus without making God angry"

plumrach user not visiting Queenzone.com
plumrach
Bohemian: 716 posts

Posted: 02 May 11, 03:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

very good news but thats only one part of the current terror problem, lets hope that in time to come peace will be upon us

JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts

Posted: 02 May 11, 03:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

only took 10 years...

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 02 May 11, 04:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good News,  but the problem is here to stay......kill one of these lunatics and 10 more will join them.

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 02 May 11, 04:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

exactly.....!

Sodom Hussein, Osama Bin-Liner....  2 down, 2 to go

Gadaffy Duck and Army Dinnerjacket to go

go deo na hÉireann
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 02 May 11, 06:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm in New York and when the news hit last night, people poured into the street to celebrate. But, as celebratory as this news is, I don't see how it'll make much difference. He's dead, but the ideology of the movement he created still exists in many forms and in many places. AND is harder to squash.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

emrabt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1118 posts

Posted: 02 May 11, 07:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How many stupid American are going to think this will end "terror"?
He hasn’t been active for years, killing him makes no difference, Our own people have killed many innocent people to do this revenge thing, total hypocrites, there’s very little to celebrate with this prize.
Would someone care to explain to me what the point of this was, why are people so happy?

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 02 May 11, 08:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

>>>>> emrabt wrote: How many stupid American are going to think this will end "terror"?
He hasn’t been active for years, killing him makes no difference, Our own people have killed many innocent people to do this revenge thing, total hypocrites, there’s very little to celebrate with this prize.
Would someone care to explain to me what the point of this was, why are people so happy? <<<<<

==============

I think many Americans know this is not the end of terror, however, his death is a step toward balancing the injustice of terrorist attacks carried out under his command in the US and around the world.

As to why people are so happy, I think an "anonymous Saudi" (quoted from a Reuters article) said it best - "He might have had a noble idea to elevate Islam but his implementation was wrong and caused more harm than good. I believe his death will calm people down and may dry up the wells of terrorism."

Of course, that's in the long term. In the short term, we'll have to deal with the increased threat of terrorism that his death will bring. It's only one battle in a very long war.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 02 May 11, 09:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I will NEVER understand how can somebody celebrate ANYBODY's death

Haystacks Calhoun II user not visiting Queenzone.com
Haystacks Calhoun II
Bohemian: 930 posts

Posted: 02 May 11, 10:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." - Mark Twain

The Golden Gate Bridge should have a long bungee cord for people who aren’t quite ready to commit suicide but want to get in a little practice.
thomasquinn 32989 user is on Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts

Posted: 02 May 11, 10:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It'd have been better if he had been put on trial, but this is at least better than Bin Laden getting away altogether.

Having said that, the numbskulls above who believe that putting down a few more dictators and terrorist leaders will solve all the problems that these individuals thrive on are deluding themselves and others. The unrest in the entire North Africa - Western Asia area, Al Qaeda, tumbling strongman-dictators, they are all but symptoms of the underlying problems of poverty, oppression and fear.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 02 May 11, 10:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

emrabt wrote: How many stupid American are going to think this will end "terror"?
Would someone care to explain to me what the point of this was, why are people so happy?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Killing him shows that justice/revenge can reach anywhere, even to a heavily fortified compound in the heart of Pakistan. And it shows that justice doesn't have a time limit, that even 10 years after 9/11 Bin Laden has been made to pay for his crimes. I'm not keen to celebrate someone's death, but if anyone had it coming it was Bin Laden. So his death is justice/payback for his involvement in the deaths of over 2000 people, and it also *may* act as a deterrent to others who may think they're safe because they live far away from the terrorist acts they commit. Of course, it's not an end to terrorism, but if the alternative was to let him live out his days then that would've sent exactly the wrong message. I won't be losing much sleep over the evil bastard's death.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18636 posts

Posted: 02 May 11, 11:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:

I will NEVER understand how can somebody celebrate ANYBODY's death

=================

Well, you see ... you have this thing called common sense... something which most Americans lack.  And they are ironically Christians ... you know, those people who tell everyone else to love their neighbour ... except for those who believe in different things they do.

Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth ... one is required to have this mentality to be pleased at what has happened.  I, as a rational bystander with little stake in the outcome, do not get what the big deal is.  The leader is gone, but there are 20 people waiting in line to take over.

The people in charge who say bin Laden orchestrated 9/11 are the same people who say Oswald killed Kennedy.  I take just about everything they say with a pinch of salt.  Last year Fidel Castro said Osama bin Laden was in the CIA payroll and used whenever Bush needed to scare people.  It's on Wikileaks... and there is not a single lie in there.

The only positive I can think of is this just may have secured Obama his second term.  All those people who think he is a  Muslim and that he's indifferent to war will have no rebuttal now.  It's a shame that health care reform wasn't enough for them, but hey, welcome to the US.  The American dream ... you have to be asleep to believe it.

Now maybe the US can withdraw their troops, and stop meddling in affairs that have nothing to do with them.  Maybe then they won't have to scratch their heads wondering why people from the middle east are pissed off and fly airplanes into their buildings.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 02 May 11, 11:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"you have this thing called common sense... something which most Americans lack"

Oh dear ...

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
The Real Wizard

Posted: 02 May 11, 12:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here is a brilliant article - required reading.  It's probably the single best column you'll ever read on the first decade of the 21st century.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/05/02/neil-macdonald-osama-bin-laden.html

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 02 May 11, 12:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's not the end of terror, but it's doubtlessly the end of an era.  And it's certainly historic. I got my 16 year old out of bed to watch Obama's speech live so he could witness a small slice of history and so that he might talk about it with some degree of thoughfulness at school today.  It's a hugely symbolic victory for the United States because every year he remained at large against such a powerful enemy served to further build his mystique and the apparent righteousness of the mission in the eyes of followers and recruits.  Now he's just another guy who eventually went down in a hail of patient, determined and eminently skilled American bullets.  He'll be celebrated as a martyr of course but there appears to be nobody in the ranks who can step into his shoes with anything like the quiet charisma or battlefield credentials of bin Laden. This event will change something, though we'll probably need years to determine just what and just how.

The Real Wizard

Posted: 02 May 11, 12:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I disagree.  Bin Laden went down smiling, as he knew he had achieved his goal - to create an American society of fear.  Terrorism on the US will end as soon as the US minds their own business in the middle east (particularly Israel).  They are not the superpower they think they are, and 9/11 proved it.  It created a fearful and divisive population - exactly with the bin Laden recipe called for.

And it's exactly what the Bush administration called for too...

In 2000, a right-wing think tank called Project for the New American Century stated in section V of Rebuilding America's Defenses, entitled "Creating Tomorrow's Dominant Force", includes the sentence:

"The process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event - like a new Pearl Harbor."

They all wanted it, and they got it.