Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Live Remasters?

forum rss feed
Author

Granters96 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 May 11, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was wondering to myself the other day whether there would be any of Queen's live albums (e.g. Live At Wembley or Live Killers) remastered and released to celebrate the 40th anniversary. So I wanted to know has anyone heard any news or anything on this?

Posted: 03 May 11, 14:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the reply, I thought it seemed a good idea to re-release some of the live albums.

bigV user not visiting Queenzone.com
bigV
Royalty: 1646 posts

Posted: 03 May 11, 14:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually I believe that the plan is to release the studio albums this year and the live albums next year.

V.

I'm as mad as HELL, and I'm not going to take this anymore!

Jimmy Dean user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 488 posts

Posted: 03 May 11, 20:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm very sure they will re-release the live albums.... I'm also almost very sure they will do nothing to enchance them... I'm also very sure they mark them as being digitally remastered 2011 or 2012... You can also be rest assured they will inlude some never before seen pics in each release.

IF the remasters sell as per budget levels, they will release them in North America as well.

Never fear, where there is a market, there is a product. Everyone is listening. Everything's for sale.

pittrek user is on Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 04 May 11, 00:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well they remixed completely Wembley last year, so it would be very dumb from them NOT to release it properly

dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Royalty: 1589 posts

Posted: 04 May 11, 03:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope the original Live Magic edit gets a reissue, and Live Killers gets expanded.

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3039 posts

Posted: 04 May 11, 03:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote: Well they remixed completely Wembley last year, so it would be very dumb from them NOT to release it properly

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wasn't aware of Wembley 86 having been remixed.  If I buy a copy of this in store (on by download) will this therefore now be this new 2010 remix, with all earlier versions removed from sale?

Assuming you have the new version, are you able you tell me some of the main differences in the mix from earlier versions?

Cheers

e-man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 697 posts

Posted: 04 May 11, 03:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote: Well they remixed completely Wembley last year, so it would be very dumb from them NOT to release it properly

was wembley remixed last year? by whom and for what purpose?

Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2053 posts

Posted: 04 May 11, 04:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First news regarding Wembley!

Peter, did you mean Hammersmith, maybe?

Bring out the charge of the love brigade
pittrek user is on Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 04 May 11, 04:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, I mean Wembley. A thread about it was here with some youtube links, I'll try to find it. I think it was done for some of the video games ?

masterstroke_84 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 04 May 11, 08:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes yes..

Now that you mention, I saw a trailer from a video game (rock hero? guitar hero? no idea about video-games hehe)The rock part of Bo Rhap is featured, and the sound was incredible and sounded like a new complete mix... more noticeable in the drum sound.

Queen rocks!
Aga89 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 04 May 11, 10:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Live albums will be released on 12.03.2012.

Information from: http://queenpoland.com/2011/01/09/plany-na-20112012-aktualizacja/

Posted: 04 May 11, 12:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Excellent news! Thanks chaps!

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 04 May 11, 22:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Aha, so will they finally get Live Killers and Live Magic right .. ??  This looks promising.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Shumway user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 28 posts

Posted: 05 May 11, 00:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was listening to Live Killers for the first time in a while today. It prompted me to wonder whether or not the volume of the audience's singing had been pumped up in those sing-along parts of Now I'm Here, Love Of My Life and Spread Your Wings.

I've never heard such loud crown participation before as on this album.

Was it amplified? Or could it just be that microphones were used specifically to record the audience and this wasn't usually the case?

I always wondered about the difference in volume of the audience singing the first line of I Want To Break Free on Live Magic as compared to Live at Wembley '86.

If the audience singing has been amplified on Live Killers, I must admit, it sounds great.

dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Royalty: 1589 posts

Posted: 05 May 11, 02:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is a 'live' album, and the audience singing is a big part of a Queen concert - it's standard to have two mics above the crowd. I guess cranking them up would be the natural decision :o) I was always puzzled by the start to the Live Magic IWTBF - I was too young to understand it had the brginning chopped off.

I'll say it again - I love Live Magic. It would make a great 'budget' CD release next to Live Killers and Wembley. The only thing that it perhaps lacks is being a useful follow up to Live Killers - IE having no duplicate songs on it - like Bowie's David Live and Stage did (Both 17 tracks, released 4 years apart, no duplication)

Makka user not visiting Queenzone.com
Makka
Bohemian: 242 posts

Posted: 05 May 11, 03:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Would love for them to expand the original Live Killers album!

popy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 450 posts

Posted: 05 May 11, 04:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote: No, I mean Wembley. A thread about it was here with some youtube links, I'll try to find it. I think it was done for some of the video games ?
There's the Bohemian Rhapsody rock part on Queen official Youtube channel. Can't find anymore than that. Yes, It sounds different then the releases available. Maybe now they do have the multis, because when Wembley was released on DVD back in 2003 they used the mix we all know, because they didn't have the multis to mix it properly for 5.1 surround, that's why the 5.1 track in the DVD is an upmix from the stereo source.

ploughman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 90 posts

Posted: 05 May 11, 05:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote: No, I mean Wembley. A thread about it was here with some youtube links, I'll try to find it. I think it was done for some of the video games ?

Really? Why did they do it again?

It was already re-mixed for the dvd release a couple of years ago.

"I'd love to see 70's Queen concerts on DVD!"
popy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 450 posts

Posted: 05 May 11, 05:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think so. It uses the same 1992 release mix. Even the 5.1 mix is an upmix of the stereo mix. At the time they didn't have the multis, but maybe now they have them.

Milton Keynes and Montreal DVD's are properly remixed from the multitracks, but Wembley DVD it's not.