Forums > Queen - General Discussion > New Queen Books

forum rss feed
Author

strange_days user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 May 11, 11:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi! Has anyone known something about this two new books?

Thanx!

strange_days user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts

Posted: 12 May 11, 12:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

strange_days wrote: Sorry, these are the links:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Queen-Complete-Illustrated-Lyrics/dp/1617130133/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_b

http://www.amazon.co.uk/40-Years-Queen-Harry-Doherty/dp/1847322271/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1305216255&sr=8-15
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it was the author who wrote the product description for 40 years of Queen, it doesn't bode well for the rest of the book.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Royalty: 1589 posts

Posted: 12 May 11, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Looks like one of those big 'keepsake' collection with loads to play with. If so, cool.

queenUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com
...... as it began
queenUSA
Bohemian: 596 posts

Posted: 12 May 11, 20:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SWEET!   Thanks for the heads up and the links.  I'm interested in both books and hope they are released soon.

I'll be right behind you, right until the ends of the Earth
GT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 799 posts

Posted: 13 May 11, 02:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

These are two of the official Queen books that will be coming out soon.
Queen 40, the one with the black cover is out first, and is absolutely brilliant, full of rare and unseen photos, text and 'other' things! Also included is a...........! Great stuff.

Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2053 posts

Posted: 13 May 11, 06:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GT wrote: These are two of the official Queen books that will be coming out soon.
Queen 40, the one with the black cover is out first, and is absolutely brilliant, full of rare and unseen photos, text and 'other' things! Also included is a...........! Great stuff.
//////////////////////////

aaaarrghhhhh !!! Please, Gary ... tell us what´s in that CD !!!!   :D

Any info regarding wether these will also be released in other languages? ie Spanish, German, Italian, etc etc?

many tks!

Bring out the charge of the love brigade
queenboot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 271 posts

Posted: 13 May 11, 07:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

40 Years of Queen

Product details

Hardcover: 96 pages

96 pages.... wow what a knowledge...   :-)

www.queenboots.com

Music was my first love and it will be my last.

Music of the future and music of the past.
99jaystang user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 154 posts

Posted: 13 May 11, 11:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope it goes on Apple Ibooks. Just got a IPad need more Queen material on there. Just bought Peter Freestone's book on there. Reading on Ipad is just so awesome. I was a non believer about electronic books, but wow I love it on Ipad.

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 13 May 11, 11:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

99jaystang wrote: I hope it goes on Apple Ibooks. Just got a IPad need more Queen material on there. Just bought Peter Freestone's book on there. Reading on Ipad is just so awesome. I was a non believer about electronic books, but wow I love it on Ipad.
=======================

I have recently had to enforce no iPad zones to avoid it taking over my entire life. The device is that good at almost everything. It's hard though, and I'm not even kidding about this.  Just last night I added the gym to the places I will try to no longer take my iPad just because I need to be untethered sometimes and it doesn't come naturally for me at all.  It's too easy for a woman because you can just jam it in any big handbag and be off.  Anyway, yes! The iPad is great to read on.  Have fun with it. :)

Editing to add:  The Kindle app is free for iPad and gives you access to all the Amazon catalog as well.  I actually like it more than the iBooks app.