Forums > Queen - General Discussion > We will rock you(fast)03-11-1982/Sheer heart attack 28-02-1979 from Paris

forum rss feed
Author

Val Lurex user not visiting Queenzone.com
Val Lurex
Deity: 2714 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 May 11, 10:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As far as I know they haven't become available yet.

"I really feel like being evil tonight."
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 22 May 11, 12:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lostman - you've been a bit quiet here lately.  Everything ok on your end?

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Val Lurex

Posted: 22 May 11, 13:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote: Lostman - you've been a bit quiet here lately.  Everything ok on your end?

====

Hello, Bob.

Everything's OK.  Just been very busy in the last time.

How are you?  What's new?  BTW, did you receive a few emails from me?  I'm still waiting for your replies.

marvinp01 user not visiting Queenzone.com
marvinp01
Bohemian: 210 posts

Posted: 23 May 11, 09:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have a feeling this guy will turn out to be like community or good old fashioned loverboy...

"I was *burp* initially going to be on Thriller! Can you imagine that? Blew it!"
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 23 May 11, 13:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

marvinp01 wrote: I have a feeling this guy will turn out to be like community or good old fashioned loverboy...
-------------

My thoughts exactly.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Posted: 23 May 11, 14:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hangman2011 wrote: marvinp01 wrote: I have a feeling this guy will turn out to be like community or good old fashioned loverboy...

==============================================================================================
marvinp01 and Rick ah, my dears what do do every night and everyday?do you scratch to  each other smelly balls don`t you?
=============================

Of course. Freddie would have wanted that.

You're expecting magic from us. By making impossible requests. What have you contributed to QZ exactly?

Posted: 23 May 11, 14:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're being repetitive. I expected more from you. Then again, maybe I didn't.

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3057 posts

Posted: 23 May 11, 15:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It won't be long until he's banned again.

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
Isle0fRed user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 143 posts

Posted: 23 May 11, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I havnt heard SHA from Paris but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Live Killers.

Posted: 24 May 11, 03:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Isle0fRed wrote: I havnt heard SHA from Paris but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Live Killers.
===============

That would be a huge disappointment. But didn't Bob mention in some topic that Brian broke a string during that song in Paris? If that is the case, then it's definitely not the LK version.

Posted: 24 May 11, 06:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rick wrote: Isle0fRed wrote: I havnt heard SHA from Paris but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Live Killers.
===============

That would be a huge disappointment. But didn't Bob mention in some topic that Brian broke a string during that song in Paris? If that is the case, then it's definitely not the LK version.

Remember LK was heavily overdubbed so its still possible it may of come from LK

Posted: 24 May 11, 06:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Isle0fRed wrote: Rick wrote: Isle0fRed wrote: I havnt heard SHA from Paris but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Live Killers.
===============

Remember LK was heavily overdubbed so its still possible it may of come from LK
----------------------

Bob did a thorough analysis of LK. He didn't recognise SHA, while there are quite a few bootlegs of that particular show available. My best guess is that SHA on LK is from a show of which no bootleg has seen the light of day yet. In sum: the bonus track will be a brand new one, just like '39 from the second night in Earls Court.

Posted: 24 May 11, 08:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

isn't there a video of Queen live in Paris 1979 on youtube. If so, is Sheer Heart Attack present in the recording?

The Real Wizard

Posted: 24 May 11, 10:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can guarantee with 100% certainty that not a single note of Sheer Heart Attack on Live Killers is from the second night in Paris.

Listen here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7IY2Z2gLTE

Musically and vocally it is quite different.  Brian breaks a string half way through, so it's a very unique version of the song.  I can only assume that in the quality we're about to hear it in, it'll be leaps and bounds better than the Live Killers version.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts

Posted: 27 May 11, 17:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thistleboy 1980 wrote: It won't be long until he's banned again.

==================
thatd be a funny! come online one day and it says you've been banned again, brings to mind a classic eric cartman "oh God DAMN IT!" (im watching south park whilst reading this by the way)

Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts

Posted: 27 May 11, 22:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I swear that the vocal from the Live Killer's version of You're My Best Friend comes from Barcelona (2/20/1979). I just compared all the available Tour versions to the Live Killers version: The second Barcelona sounds the closest. I think at least the vocal is from that gig (with some overdubs).

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
Val Lurex

Posted: 28 May 11, 10:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gregsynth wrote: I swear that the vocal from the Live Killer's version of You're My Best Friend comes from Barcelona (2/20/1979). I just compared all the available Tour versions to the Live Killers version: The second Barcelona sounds the closest. I think at least the vocal is from that gig (with some overdubs).

====

I'm agreed with you, Greg.  Freddie's vocal from the second night in Barcelona does sound very identical to the Live Killers version.  I also believe it comes from Barcelona but is being overdubbed at some spots.

The Real Wizard

Posted: 28 May 11, 12:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry guys, I disagree.  It's very close, but it's not 2-20-79.  Listen to the drum fill after "such a long time" .. on Live Killers it's a snare fill, but in Barcelona it's a tom fill.  There are many little guitar and drum bits that don't match, so it's clearly a different backing track.

The phrasing of "my feelings are true" is different as well.

Trust me, I've done all of the comparisons possible with what we have.  Until new recordings come out, there's nothing more to be found.

Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts

Posted: 28 May 11, 13:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My theory is that the backing track is from a different night (or edited in the studio), but the vocal is just too close. Freddie simply overdubbed some parts (like the "long time" A4, and the "feelings are true" lines), but when I compare them back to back, Freddie's phrasing matches on spots with Live Killers (plus he goes flat in the same spots). I also looked at some pronunciation/diction, and the spots that I looked at, match!

Then again, the song sounded pretty much the same on the tour--so chances are that the performance could be from a gig that doesn't have a recording.

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury