Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Greatest Video Hits III - No Hope?

forum rss feed
Author

malicedoom user not visiting Queenzone.com
malicedoom
Bohemian: 698 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 May 11, 12:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Will this ever be released?

Is there ANY news?

"I'd love to go down and see my pictures."
rhyeking user not visiting Queenzone.com
rhyeking
Royalty: 1566 posts

Posted: 27 May 11, 08:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The longer they wait, the less hope I have for a Greatest Video Hits III.

However, with the new 2011 anniversary push, there's the possibility of either a new collection of videos or a re-issue and completion of the current GVH series. 

If it makes you feel any better, other bands have been in similar situations, such as AC/DC, who released their 2 disc "Family Jewels" video collection, which stopped short of their last few albums. I believe a limited edition of the "Iron Man 2" soundtrack attempted to tidy up the remaining videos on an additional DVD, but it certainly wasn't a proper, stand-alone release.

Rush has come close to covering all their videos, between "Chronicles," "R30" and "Retrospective 3" on DVD, but still fall short of a few classic tracks which appeared on the now-long-out-of-print "Through The Camera Eye" VHS.

So, yes, for as many bands and artists who have accounted for all their official videos, just as many have a haphazard scattering coupled with missing ones. It seems that few put much effort into the gathering up of these gems.

malicedoom user not visiting Queenzone.com
malicedoom
Bohemian: 698 posts

Posted: 27 May 11, 09:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's a shame, especially considering the obvious care and effort that was taken with the first 2 'Greatest Video Hits' DVD releases.

Ah well, maybe someday.

"I'd love to go down and see my pictures."