Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Mercury biopic and future live release

forum rss feed
Author

Doga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Doga
Bohemian: 938 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 May 11, 12:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I had a idea, in the future, the Fred Mercury biopic will be released, first in cinemas and later in DVD and Bluray. Well, the studios will pay a lot of money in marketing, and the popularity of the band will grow up (hope so).

My point is, when they release the film for home use, maybe it will come with a live concert from Queen or a documentary.

My expectations come to a Budapest full night release with a documentary of the days the band enjoy in that city. In DVD and Bluray because it was filmed in professional 35 mm film, and show the band at their peak, The Magic Tour, at least for the general public.

But the most probable thing is a expanded edition from the ''Days of our Lives'' documentary, and that will be great too.

Well, what do you think?

bigV user not visiting Queenzone.com
bigV
Royalty: 1646 posts

Posted: 30 May 11, 12:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it's gonna rain... thunderbolt, lightning and all that. 

V.

I'm as mad as HELL, and I'm not going to take this anymore!

emrabt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1118 posts

Posted: 30 May 11, 12:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The "these days" documentary will most probably be released by 2|entertain (owned by the commercial sister company of the BBC, BBC worldwide) on it's own.

we will probably see a re-re-re release of Montréal / Live aid before the Biopic is released. And the short version of ITV’s MAGIC as a bonus on the Biopic DVD.

It would be highly unlikely to see the "these days" documentary on any release other than a BBC one.

KevoM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 292 posts

Posted: 31 May 11, 05:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Id be surprised if QP didn't capitalize on the release of the FM film and bbc doc with some old concerts on DVD/BD.
This is a v high profile year them, being the 40th anniversay.  They missed the boat with the 'DVD boom years' in the early 2000s and with optical disks possibly going out of fashion in favour of downloads, then this maybe their last chance to milk the technology (like they have with vinyl and CD over the years).

Makka user not visiting Queenzone.com
Makka
Bohemian: 242 posts

Posted: 31 May 11, 10:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

KevoM wrote: Id be surprised if QP didn't capitalize on the release of the FM film and bbc doc with some old concerts on DVD/BD.

Haha...I wouldn't!

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3052 posts

Posted: 31 May 11, 20:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bigV wrote: I think it's gonna rain... thunderbolt, lightning and all that. 

V.
=============================================================================================

Is your glass half full, or half empty??? LOL

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!