forum rss feed
Author

Djdownsy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mama Please
Djdownsy
Bohemian: 469 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 May 11, 17:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Opinion's on the second part? I thought sections of it were disgraceful, just skimmed through the moments after Freddie's death, and the way they let on that it was just Brian and Roger who recorded 'Made In Heaven', with no input from John is shameful on their part.

Tá suil agam go bhuil tú go maith!

Arsebiscuits!!!!!
Russian Headlong user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 496 posts

Posted: 30 May 11, 17:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

be fair there is only so much they can fit into 60 minutes. i thought part 2 was excellent especially revealing that manager/feds boyfriend paul prenter being to blame for the move away from rock to pop/disco in the early 80s.

"Give it to me one more time!"
Mama Please
Djdownsy

Posted: 30 May 11, 17:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry, i was just ranting about the parts I didn't like, there were some excellent moments, the 'These Are The Day's Of Our Lives' footage is excellent, if not very chilling, as regards how bad Freddie actually was. Also, the point where Roger almost breaks into tears when discussing that he was only 300 yards away from Freddie's house when Freddie passed on was very, very moving.

Arsebiscuits!!!!!
Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4259 posts

Posted: 30 May 11, 17:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've always wondered how much John's input actually was in Made in Heaven. It's such a shame there is (AFAIK) very little information about how the album was created. No in-depth interviews with Brian/Roger/John and/or David Richards. Shame, as I think it would've made a very interesting documentary at the time.

Mama Please
Djdownsy

Posted: 30 May 11, 17:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree actually, i would love to watch a documentry about 'Made In Heaven', something all the fans would be dying to know i guess.

Arsebiscuits!!!!!
A Word In Your Ear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1783 posts

Posted: 30 May 11, 17:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Djdownsy wrote: I agree actually, i would love to watch a documentry about 'Made In Heaven', something all the fans would be dying to know i guess.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Very Touching when David Richards talks about "Mother Love"   You could see he was starting to well up!

Joyful the sound
paulosham user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon
paulosham
Bohemian: 655 posts

Posted: 30 May 11, 18:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Some good moments but not half as good as part one.  It didn't seem to flow as well as the previous episode.  Some touching moments especially from David Richards I thought.  It seemed to skim over certain things and it went from 86 to 89 in a heartbeat. Still loved it though.

Don't shun it!
Mama Please
Djdownsy

Posted: 30 May 11, 18:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, total lack of mention about Flash Gordon, Barcelona, The Cross, Highlander, there are sections that should be mentioned IMHO.

Arsebiscuits!!!!!
Isle0fRed user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 143 posts

Posted: 30 May 11, 18:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I overall rate Part 1 higher to Part 2 due to the more info that was given.

In reguards to what was present in Part 2, I found the infomation giving about the Hot Space sessions very intresting and I had a hard time trying to watch the Days of our Lives footage in colour. I agree with another person on here who mentioned areas such as Flash Gordon, The Cross, The Miricle needing more info. That said, from what I hear, these docos will be released on dvd in its extended glory.

Mama Please
Djdownsy

Posted: 30 May 11, 19:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

IsleOfRed said: I overall rate Part 1 higher to Part 2 due to the more info that was given.

In reguards to what was present in Part 2, I found the infomation giving about the Hot Space sessions very intresting and I had a hard time trying to watch the Days of our Lives footage in colour. I agree with another person on here who mentioned areas such as Flash Gordon, The Cross, The Miricle needing more info. That said, from what I hear, these docos will be released on dvd in its extended glory.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Completely agree with you, About Hot Space sessions i mean. I hope they are, something i would truely love to buy. :)

Arsebiscuits!!!!!
RocketMan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts

Posted: 30 May 11, 19:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gaabiizz user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Invisible Man
Gaabiizz
Bohemian: 936 posts

Posted: 30 May 11, 20:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Isle0fRed wrote: I overall rate Part 1 higher to Part 2 due to the more info that was given.

paulosham user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon
paulosham
Bohemian: 655 posts

Posted: 30 May 11, 20:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

RocketMan wrote: Just stop complaining you moaning tit and be happy with what they showed. It was amazing.
-----------

Welcome to Queenzone, try to be polite.....or funny, we like funny

Don't shun it!
Doga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Doga
Bohemian: 924 posts

Posted: 30 May 11, 20:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great documentary! Thanks for sharing!

Very interesting, and at one point, very sad, they show us the hard reality of the illness.

Anyway is good to see some bits of footage in great quality, like Rio or Japan, even Wembley bits looks better than in DVD. There are a lots of good gigs waiting for his remaster and release!

jaq user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 37 posts

Posted: 30 May 11, 21:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Agree with y'all, leaving out the 2 soundtracks, The Cross/Barcelona was unfortunate. They showed Queen weren't totally defeated by the loss of focus.
Dave Richard's recollection was amazing. Freddie's courage v humbling (sob...)
With regards to Hot Space, it feels a rather easy explanation for what may be a complex chain of events and personal dynamics. Those who survive tell the tale, I guess.

Loved the Flash intro, pure rock hero fantasy:)

emrabt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1113 posts

Posted: 31 May 11, 00:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Flash Gordon, Barcelona, The Cross, Highlander, there are sections that should be mentioned IMHO.
===================

The cross and Barcelona were solo stuff, this is a queen documentary, the fact that they had “solo projects” were already brushed upon earlier.

The flash gordon soundtrack was shown at the start of part two.

I agree with the other stuff though.

DaveyLane user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 69 posts

Posted: 31 May 11, 02:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Djdownsy wrote: Yeah, total lack of mention about Flash Gordon, Barcelona, The Cross, Highlander, there are sections that should be mentioned IMHO.

There were things about QUEEN that got glossed over that I'd much rather have seen covered over The Cross and Barcelona, projects that had nothing to do with the band...

plumrach user not visiting Queenzone.com
plumrach
Bohemian: 716 posts

Posted: 31 May 11, 02:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was excellent

Even though i had previous seen a colour clip of the making of tatdool it was interesting to see the extra footage of freddie and very sad too but he was a brave man and had lots of guts and determination

The very ending from Wembley with Fuck you was most amusing

B&R keep going with whatever you can in keeping Queen's legacy alive

rvl user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 20 posts

Posted: 31 May 11, 03:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Less interesting than the first part.
I had hoped for more focus on the Miracle album,although it is not easy to put such a wide history in 1 hour.

The wonderful Live aid footage followed in only 20min by Freddie's close up in colour during the TATDOOL-shoot was a quite difference to deal with.
The bad quality of the Sao Paulo footage was a real bummer, although you did see more of the audience.

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4790 posts

Posted: 31 May 11, 03:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Did Brian really say that he and Roger were mainly responsible for Made In Heaven? :O

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."