Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Roger Taylor - "It Surprises Me That People Still Like The Music!"...

forum rss feed
Author

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3027 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 May 11, 18:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why wouldn't we?  As a great man once said "we'll stay together until we fuckin' well die" - the sentiments are the same for the fans.  'til the end Roger! 'til the end!

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
queenUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com
...... as it began
queenUSA
Bohemian: 596 posts

Posted: 31 May 11, 08:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Absolutely so true - that's how it is for the fans!!   I would follow their music to the ends of 
the Earth (and have done so and will continue to do so). 

This comment by Roger reminds me of a similar thread from earlier this month in which it
was noted that Brian felt he had not been an innovator.  

What is going on with these low self statements?   Is it just modesty?

I'll be right behind you, right until the ends of the Earth
alaynasusan user not visiting Queenzone.com
alaynasusan
Champion: 69 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 11, 14:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There are a lot of bands that were huge in the 70s and 80s whose fan base has sort of faded. Queen's fan base just grows stronger. I was 2 when Freddie died so obviously I didn't experience the thrill of going out and buying the brand new Queen record. All of their fans who are in their 20s and younger just prove how Queen's music transcends time and stays relevant. I don't think I've gone more than a day in the past few years without listening to at least one Queen song. It's addicting.

"A lot of people call this song Spread Your Legs. It started off being called Spread Your Wings, but you can call it what you'd like." -Freddie Mercury
malicedoom user not visiting Queenzone.com
malicedoom
Bohemian: 697 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 11, 15:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hahahahaaha... I like how humble Roger can still be, and freakin' LOVE how he talks about his attitude towards the press there when he saw how they were treating Freddie at the time ("I would then say anything to people... is Fred sick?  No, he was in the gym yesterday... you know... FUCK YOU...  none of your business...")

Awesome.

"I'd love to go down and see my pictures."
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4792 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 11, 15:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Time to reward those people who still love their music with some kick-ass releases.

;-)

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3027 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 11, 15:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kick-ass releases!  Yeah!

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!