Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Preview of the second five albums re-issued

forum rss feed
Author

silver_salmon user not visiting Queenzone.com
silver_salmon
Bohemian: 341 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3053 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 11, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thumbs up for Feeling Feelings, Sail Away Sweet Sister and It's A Beautiful Day.  BBC Sessions?  Nice, but we want it all!!!

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 11, 12:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What about the live tracks? They sound ace!

Action This Day has a good balance between Roger and Freddie, vocally speaking. Roger sounds a bit muffled on the MK version, for example.

Sheer Heart Attack is a rocking one. Great.

Can't wait for these releases.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3053 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 11, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rick wrote: What about the live tracks? They sound ace!

Action This Day has a good balance between Roger and Freddie, vocally speaking. Roger sounds a bit muffled on the MK version, for example.

Sheer Heart Attack is a rocking one. Great.

Can't wait for these releases.
=============================================================================================

Not up for live snippets, tbh.  Especially ones from previously released albums.  If they can put a couple of live ones out, then they can put the whole show out...they know we'd buy it :)

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
drmurph user not visiting Queenzone.com
drmurph
Bohemian: 124 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 11, 17:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow, those were great to have a wee listen to. Unfortunately Thistleboy, QPL also know we''l buy these CD's too with only very few extras so why bother going all out with live releases? Still, I'm really looking forward to the release, let's just hope the polished up sound from Hyde park is a sign!

Arnaldo "Ogre-" Silveira user not visiting Queenzone.com
Arnaldo
Deity: 2255 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 11, 19:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much for the heads up, silver_salmon! QPL knows the ocasional fan will probably buy and they certainly know we, the "creepy" fans (as Roger says)  will buy it. Anyway, I'm very excited with these, even if they contain so little new stuff, it is still something. I need my Queen fix :). I am particularly happy with Flash Gordon. I was affraid we'd get a couple of Ah-Ah-Capelas. ;)

Cheers,

Ogre-

PS: Feelings Feelings... ROCKS!!!

Keep Passing the Open Windows
Back2TheLight user not visiting Queenzone.com
Back2TheLight
Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 11, 19:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pretty sweet version of Dreamer's Ball on the extras...

I Want It All And I Want It Now!!
YannickJoker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 297 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 11, 19:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't wait to hear It's A Beautiful Day in full.

Isle0fRed user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 143 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 11, 20:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Battle Theme on Deep Cuts 2 is abit dissapointing. The NOTW seems like the best value for purchase

Posted: 05 Jun 11, 03:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is it me or is the live version of Calling All Girls a different mix from the one on the Live at the Bowl DVD?

Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2053 posts

Posted: 05 Jun 11, 03:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thumbs up to most of the bonus material in the 2nd batch! can´t wait !!

The most fascinating to me, definitely, is The Kiss/Football Fight running together as one song! Fantastic !!!

Bring out the charge of the love brigade
liam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 596 posts

Posted: 05 Jun 11, 04:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Awesome!
While I think DSMN could've done with some more guitar, I can see why they ended up removing the guitar shown here from the final mix. It just doesn't sit right.

Go, Go, Go, little queenie!!
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 05 Jun 11, 07:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hope they'll release a boxset, so i can buy all at once. :P

Killed by drones.
The Flash Danny Project user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 166 posts

Posted: 05 Jun 11, 09:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OMG! The long-lost guitars on Don't Stop Me Now sound superb!! Can't believe they took them out in the first place!

Insert stupid signature here
Ron user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1031 posts

Posted: 05 Jun 11, 11:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Flash Gordon extra tracks sound very promising! I also expected a stripped down version of Football Fight but this appears to be a whole different take incl piano. Great!
I also hope the booklet will tell us which take we get of Feelings Feelings.

QueenPictureHall.com is back at qph.runoutgrooves.com
Kevinrm15 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 273 posts

Posted: 05 Jun 11, 13:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Take 10, it's stated so in the press release.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18629 posts

Posted: 05 Jun 11, 14:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rick wrote:

Is it me or is the live version of Calling All Girls a different mix from the one on the Live at the Bowl DVD?

=============

It's hard to tell because the samples are in mono.  We'll have to wait and see.

I hope they didn't change a thing, as the version from the DVD menu is absolutely perfect.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Kamenliter user not visiting Queenzone.com
Kamenliter
Bohemian: 148 posts

Posted: 05 Jun 11, 16:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Once you actually have the tracks out in front of you to check out, you realize how utterly lame --  overall -- these deluxe editions are. I am, of course, VERY happy and excited to have the true rarities here, like Feelings, Feelings, DSMN, Dreamer's Ball, The Kiss, Football Fight, Sail Away Sweet Sister, Beautiful Day..but that's just seven tracks on five CD's!  I mean, seriously, how could they not include the COMPLETE NOTW BBC Sessions.. It's mind boggingly inane. It makes absolutely NO SENSE! I just don't get it.

It's so aggravating...and the inclusion of live tracks already released, more than once in some cases,  is utterly stupid and shameful...and advertised as 'rare bonus tracks'??? Come on!!!

I guess I shouldn't complain and just be happy that we've gotten the above mentioned true rartities, the few pieces on the first set of releases and -good lord- the De Lane Lea demos complete..can you imagine if they only put on 1/2 of those..?

Still, these deluxe editions could have been and SHOULD have been much, much better....so sad...

Djdownsy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mama Please
Djdownsy
Bohemian: 469 posts

Posted: 05 Jun 11, 20:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

'Sail Away Sweet Sister' and 'Dreamer's Ball' sound class, IABD sounds like it's missing something, which was obviously found on MIH.

Tá suil agam go bhuil tú go maith!

Arsebiscuits!!!!!

Posted: 06 Jun 11, 03:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kamenliter wrote: Once you actually have the tracks out in front of you to check out, you realize how utterly lame --  overall -- these deluxe editions are. I am, of course, VERY happy and excited to have the true rarities here, like Feelings, Feelings, DSMN, Dreamer's Ball, The Kiss, Football Fight, Sail Away Sweet Sister, Beautiful Day..but that's just seven tracks on five CD's!  I mean, seriously, how could they not include the COMPLETE NOTW BBC Sessions.. It's mind boggingly inane. It makes absolutely NO SENSE! I just don't get it.

It's so aggravating...and the inclusion of live tracks already released, more than once in some cases,  is utterly stupid and shameful...and advertised as 'rare bonus tracks'??? Come on!!!

I guess I shouldn't complain and just be happy that we've gotten the above mentioned true rartities, the few pieces on the first set of releases and -good lord- the De Lane Lea demos complete..can you imagine if they only put on 1/2 of those..?

Still, these deluxe editions could have been and SHOULD have been much, much better....so sad...
=====

Of course they could have been much better, but we now probably have the definitive Jazz album, in terms of sound quality. In fact, all albums have been improved a lot.

Also, A Beautiful Day is really a demo. A lovely demo. John did a great job in making it a complete track. It has to be said.