Forums > Queen - General Discussion > The Voice Judges To Team Up For Queen Medley

forum rss feed
Author

Richard Orchard user not visiting Queenzone.com
Change message in members area
Richard Orchard
Deity: 2653 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jun 11, 06:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton will show the contestants on their talent show The Voice how to rock out by teaming up for a special medley of Queen's greatest hits.

The four superstars sit on the judging panel of the hit U.S. TV contest, offering wannabes coaching and advice on how to improve their performances.

The competition's first live episodes will kick off later this month (Jun11), and the quartet will channel rock legend Freddie Mercury for a special performance to mark the occasion.

A statement from Nbc executive Paul Telegedy says, "Kicking off the debut of the live episodes of The Voice with these high energy renditions of classic Queen hits will set the tone for our live shows."

queenUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com
...... as it began
queenUSA
Bohemian: 596 posts

Posted: 07 Jun 11, 07:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have not watched the VOICE to date - but guess who will be their new viewer very soon.  I love it when stuff like this happens!!

I'll be right behind you, right until the ends of the Earth
Sith user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sith

Posted: 07 Jun 11, 10:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have been watching The Voice and it's an interesting concept. Nothing like American Idol.
Can't wait to see the show.

quilt410 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 09 Jun 11, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I watched the Voice and realize how difficult it is for anyone to give Queen justice.  No one can sing the songs as Freddie and the band did!!!

ariel 695 user not visiting Queenzone.com
ariel 695
Bohemian: 578 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 11, 21:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

if anyone is interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LBw4Q95Cc4

"and maybe next time we WILL bring back an orchestra"