Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Queen Obsessions....

forum rss feed
Author

msmercuryrising user not visiting Queenzone.com
msmercuryrising
Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 8 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jun 11, 17:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What Queen obsessions do you have?  One thing I do that no one else I know does, is keep an ipod that is strictly for Queen music, pics, interviews etc.  All my cds, dvds and youtube gems are on this ipod called "Cindy Loves Queen".  No other music is ever put on this ipod.  I run 5 miles everyday and I ALWAYS run to Queen music.  I have put together several different run playlists or sometimes I just pick out an album I'm into that week.

That's just one thing.  What about you all? 

This is just for fun, so, keep it friendly........please, I don't want any personal attacks like I've experienced in the past.

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3053 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 11, 18:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, you know how catholics bless themselves at a picture of the Pope or Jesus, or a statue of Mary or something.....well, I do a "day-o" pose at a poster of Freddie every morning.

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
MadTheSwine73 user not visiting Queenzone.com
God Save The Queen
MadTheSwine73
Royalty: 1013 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 11, 20:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Every time I go on my computer, I need to listen to listen to at least 2 Queen albums.
And if I really need to leave, I always listen to Queen no matter what, even if I just listen to Yeah.
Also, I only play Queen LPs during the week.

Any way the wind blows...
Squidgy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 43 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 11, 07:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thistleboy 1980 wrote: Well, you know how catholics bless themselves at a picture of the Pope or Jesus, or a statue of Mary or something.....well, I do a "day-o" pose at a poster of Freddie every morning.

Excellent..........made me smile..........You fu*kers are good!!!

I have about 3 or 4 cd folders full of my own mixed Queen CD's. Greatest  Hits, Best Album tracks, Live, the rare and the remixed, The long and 12" ers, written by Freddie, Brian, Roger and John, Queen Rocks (my own version) Queen Loves etc I am sure you get teh gist by now and I keep doing new ones every few months just to change the playlists.

Then they bring out the remasters with a live version of White Queen so I have to do a live CD (or two) all over again to include it.

Jazz 78 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 502 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 11, 07:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I usually workout to bootleg recordings from the 77-78 tours.

A Word In Your Ear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1786 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 11, 09:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I listen to nothing else but Queen/ Queen Related music in my car!!!!  Drives the wife & Kids nuts!!!  I keep reminding them "I'm sure they don't play Queen on the bus!!!"

Joyful the sound
malicedoom user not visiting Queenzone.com
malicedoom
Bohemian: 698 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 11, 09:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It seems as if lately, I can't just listen to ONE Queen song, watch ONE Queen video or listen to ONE live track from a concert.  Once the CD or DVD is in and running, I keep going "OK, one more.  OK, just ONE more..."

And then, it's like an hour + later... and the burnout never comes.

BEST.  GROUP.  EVER.

"I'd love to go down and see my pictures."
master marathon runner user not visiting Queenzone.com
master marathon runner
Royalty: 1237 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 11, 10:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In the last 37 years i have had hundreds of pets, everything from goldfish, to canaries and dogs called john, freddie,  roger, brian, mercury, faroukh...............you get the picture i'm sure.

master marathon runner

Master Marathon Runner
Gaabiizz user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Invisible Man
Gaabiizz
Bohemian: 937 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 11, 10:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have my mp3, mp5, cellular all Queen , I hear them everywhere , is something I can not control

Gaabiizz user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Invisible Man
Gaabiizz
Bohemian: 937 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 11, 10:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

gaabiizz wrote: I have my mp3, mp5, cellular all Queen , I hear them everywhere , is something I can not control

Los tengo en mi mp3 , mp5 , celular , Los escucho en todas partes , en el colegio , fiestas , etc . Es algo que no puedo controlar

Silken user not visiting Queenzone.com
Silken
Bohemian: 272 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 11, 11:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love singing along with the karaoke tracks while driving my car.

Also everytime a Queen song pops up on the radio or TV I will sing it, no matter if it's a song I don't like very much. If someone is talking to me, be sure I won't be paying attention to what they are saying if there's Queen in the background..

Zodiacal_light user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 11, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mine is bootleg CD's in the car at unhealthy volume levels.

I listen to them over and over , every time i'm in the car.

My favs at the moment are Oakland '80 , Tokyo '81 and Berlin '84.

Fantastic recordings, just the way i like them

-fatty- 2850 user not visiting Queenzone.com
-fatty- 2850
Deity: 2029 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 11, 15:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I cut the still-beating heats from new born babies on an alter shaped like the Deaky amp and offer them up as a sacrifice to the eternal spirit of our lord and saviour Freddie Mercury. Only at Christmas and on September 5th of course. I mean, I'm not some obsessive nutcase or anything.

fatty.

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3053 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 11, 15:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So it was fatty who got that job after I was sacked....

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 11, 20:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i sow queen band members out of felt,

i stack all my queen albums in order by the year (uncluding the singles, though i only really have one) 

i let my hair be its natural curl so i look like brian may

i wear clogs and addias

i sow a brian may guitar out of felt

i always wear my queen shirts when i get them back from the wash

i become obsessed wit animals rights over night because brian may is

i try to talk like different band members depending on how i feel, if im feeling tired and fed up i talk like brian, if im completly chilled and stoned i talk like roger, if im exited, hyper, fucking crazy and proud to be british i talk like freddie, if im nervous but want to give an opinion i talk like john deacon

i say cheers because brian dose on his website

i try to become interested in star gazing like brian but cant because its for clever folk

theres loads more, but cant think of them right now, to tired, preparing myself for a night on a wee blow up bed bcause i had to give my bed to a guest up stairs because hes didnt wanna sleep in a double bed with his dad, aint gonna be a comfortable night for me then.......

rubens user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 151 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 11, 10:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Every single day I listen to a queen live recording. I do this in cronological order from Golders Green Hippodrome onwards. It take months to complete the full circle, and when it happens, I start it all over again.

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 11, 11:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lifetimefanofqueen wrote: i sow queen band members out of felt,

i stack all my queen albums in order by the year (uncluding the singles, though i only really have one) 

i let my hair be its natural curl so i look like brian may

i wear clogs and addias

i sow a brian may guitar out of felt

i always wear my queen shirts when i get them back from the wash

i become obsessed wit animals rights over night because brian may is

i try to talk like different band members depending on how i feel, if im feeling tired and fed up i talk like brian, if im completly chilled and stoned i talk like roger, if im exited, hyper, fucking crazy and proud to be british i talk like freddie, if im nervous but want to give an opinion i talk like john deacon

i say cheers because brian dose on his website

i try to become interested in star gazing like brian but cant because its for clever folk

theres loads more, but cant think of them right now, to tired, preparing myself for a night on a wee blow up bed bcause i had to give my bed to a guest up stairs because hes didnt wanna sleep in a double bed with his dad, aint gonna be a comfortable night for me then.......

Seek help.

Killed by drones.
catqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
:)

Royalty: 1758 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 11, 12:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I refuse to throw out my Queen calendars at the end of the year, so i have a stack of them on the wall behind each other.
I have at least 3 (extremely long) exclusive queen playlists on my ipod, as well as numerous ones which have 'other songs' first and then solo work of band members.
There was something else i intended to write and its gone out of my head now.
Not very exciting, but still something... lol

drmurph user not visiting Queenzone.com
drmurph
Bohemian: 124 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 11, 13:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This year the ONLY music I will play is Queen, to mark the 40th anniversary. I'm trying to stick within the re-release schedule so I'm looking forward to next week so I can listen to the next five albums. (I've included live performances and solo work to the list of acceptable listens)

lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 11, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

drmurph wrote: This year the ONLY music I will play is Queen, to mark the 40th anniversary. I'm trying to stick within the re-release schedule so I'm looking forward to next week so I can listen to the next five albums. (I've included live performances and solo work to the list of acceptable listens)

================================================

sounds like your doin better at that than me.
tried but failed, KISS and led zeppelin wont leave me alone "walk the stairway to heaven and make sure you shout it out loud"