Forums > Queen - General Discussion > What does everyone think on a new Queen Album???

forum rss feed
Author

GOATHEAD1985 user not visiting Queenzone.com
GOATHEAD1985
Rocker: 38 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jun 11, 14:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What does everyone think on a new Queen Album??? With only ROGER TAYLOR and BRIAN MAY. Perhaps John Deacon muite come out of retirement???

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4258 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 11, 14:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen without Fredy and Jhon Deakon is no Queen!!!!1

malicedoom user not visiting Queenzone.com
malicedoom
Bohemian: 697 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 11, 15:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Someone drag George Michael's ass over to the studio with them, please.

"I'd love to go down and see my pictures."
rhyeking user not visiting Queenzone.com
rhyeking
Royalty: 1566 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 11, 15:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen will live on as long as Brian, Roger and John (even in retirement) continue the legacy!

As to the original question, I certainly would be up for an album of new stuff.

I wouldn't even limit it to only Brian and Roger, if John didn't want to do it. Get Spike Edney's awesome piano in there too! He appeared on the "A Kind Of Magic" album, not to mention that various other artists worked Queen songs during the Freddie Mercury era, so why stop now? Artists guest on other people's album all the time.

I was impressed that The Cosmos Rocks was solely Brian, Roger and Paul, and B&R have proven that they can be one-man bands, so they don't actually *need* additional musicians if they started an album.

If they did, say, ten new songs and divided the singing duties between them, maybe have a duet or two, or songs like "Let Me Live" or "No One But You,"  where they alternate vocals, yeah, it could be quite good.

The real issue, as with The Cosmos Rocks, is people's expectations. There is no denying that anything listed as "Queen" that doesn't include Freddie and/or John will be subject to backlash by "fans". I'm still amused by the reaction to TCR, where based on some people's comments, you'd think Brian, Roger and Paul drove to their house and ran over their dog. Repeatedly. 

The fans that are open enough to the idea of Queen without F&J will have to know that this will not be classic Queen, obviously, and should expect a sound closer to the solo albums.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4678 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 11, 16:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They should do a spoken word concept album. Roger is particualrly good at cheeky Cockney accents and Brian does a good Southern Dandy. A science fiction theme would therefore be most appropriate.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3027 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 11, 19:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If it was only BM and RT, I would more than welcome a new Queen album.  If it's another Queen +, forget it.  I would rather they just brought out a greatest hits or something :)

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
LAP user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 46 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 11, 21:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why bother? Unless a whole heap of unreleased tracks with Mercury on them are discovered, why bother!

rhyeking

Posted: 22 Jun 11, 21:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

An album with Bowie would probably cause my head to explode out of sheer awesomeness.

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3027 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 11, 21:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LAP wrote: Why bother? Unless a whole heap of unreleased tracks with Mercury on them are discovered, why bother!
=============================================================================================

Because they are musicians, it's what they do....

That mentality is like asking why Manchester United still bothered to play football after the Munich air crash....

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
LAP user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 46 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 11, 01:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Most Queen fans are not interested in a Queen album with no Freddie Mercury singing on it!

Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 11, 02:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pim Derks wrote: Queen without Fredy and Jhon Deakon is no Queen!!!!1
=========================================
Brain and Rodgers were alwats the heart of the band!

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
Soundfreak user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 378 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 11, 04:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If Brian May and Roger Taylor have some great new songs to offer that would be part of a new Queen album in case the original band would still exist - why not ? 

As a "Full-Queen" is no longer available a "Half-Queen" is better than nothing. Take those six or seven songs of "Cosmos Rocks" with little or no input from Paul Rodgers and you have half of the songs that could have been part of a real recent Queen album.

jeffuk49 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 432 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 11, 04:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would love RT and BM sing there own songs for an album like gaga tymd etc and given the studio magic, sort of writers version of songs

A Word In Your Ear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1783 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 11, 05:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pim Derks wrote: Queen without Fredy and Jhon Deakon is no Queen!!!!1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like it!!!!!!

Joyful the sound
Dane user not visiting Queenzone.com
No strings attached!
Dane
Bohemian: 690 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 11, 05:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian and Roger should record an album with Taylor Hawkins and Dave Grohl..
...and what the hell, let Jack Black take the lead vocals!

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Queen Visual Library (www.qvl.nl)
malicedoom user not visiting Queenzone.com
malicedoom
Bohemian: 697 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 11, 07:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seeing as he seems to get better and better with each passing day, Brian's guitar on... um... ANYTHING new would work for me.

"I'd love to go down and see my pictures."
Rubbersuit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 331 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 11, 08:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote: They should do a spoken word concept album. Roger is particualrly good at cheeky Cockney accents and Brian does a good Southern Dandy. A science fiction theme would therefore be most appropriate.
Great Idea!  We'll call it '40 (the sequel to '39)

Pingfah user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 505 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 11, 08:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian should not sing on a new album, because his voice is not strong enough. Roger is the one with the distinctive and quality  voice, he could do a better job.

But really they need to get someone in who can not only sing, but also write music that isn't generic blues bollocks like Paul Rodgers is so fond of.

AlexRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1353 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 11, 09:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think that there should be many more Queen + studio l.p.s of new songs PLUS cover versions from other artists AND re-recordings of old Queen songs...multiple versions!!!!    It's SOOO much fun!!!   It's not like a religion or something you know?

rhyeking

Posted: 23 Jun 11, 10:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LAP wrote: Most Queen fans are not interested in a Queen album with no Freddie Mercury singing on it!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Speak for yourself!

I've enjoyed all the Queen+ and post-Freddie projects of newer material and some of the Queen+ releases which were re-recordings. 

If you don't, that's fine, but don't assume you speak for a majority. Of the million of fans out there, all of us here represent a mere fraction and one that's by no means entirely reflective of the world at large.