Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Roger Taylor on Bob Geldof album question...

forum rss feed
Author

soxtalon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 371 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jun 11, 14:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does anyone know for certain what tracks Rog actually performs on during both the Sex Age and Death album and the How To Write Popular Songs That Will Sell?

GT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 799 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 11, 00:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is the info I have, though might not be 100% correct, and no info for Bob's latest album.

BOB GELDOF - SEX, AGE & DEATH. Drums and bvs on various tracks including 'One For Me' single - 2002.

soxtalon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 371 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 11, 07:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Gary!  Any narrowing down is helpful.

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4282 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 11, 10:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As far as I know Roger drums on every track and has added bv's to a couple of tracks  too.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 11, 11:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Geldof singing should be a criminal offence. Roger is aiding and abetting criminal damage to my ears.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
master marathon runner user not visiting Queenzone.com
master marathon runner
Royalty: 1237 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 11, 11:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote: Geldof singing should be a criminal offence. Roger is aiding and abetting criminal damage to my ears.
==============

======

dont you be so discourteous, Bob and the boys were a breath of fresh air and were the more palatable side of punk, i say.

Master marathon runner

Master Marathon Runner
mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3667 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 11, 13:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

master marathon runner wrote: Holly2003 wrote: Geldof singing should be a criminal offence. Roger is aiding and abetting criminal damage to my ears.
==============

======

dont you be so discourteous, Bob and the boys were a breath of fresh air and were the more palatable side of punk, i say.

Master marathon runner

Bob and the boys (I bet they love being called Bobs boys) were to punk what James Blunt is to Gangster Rap

Rubbersuit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 331 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 11, 15:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote: Geldof singing should be a criminal offence. Roger is aiding and abetting criminal damage to my ears.

I like his voice and his songwriting is excellent.  Acquired taste though, like Bob Dylan.