Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Which album do you never/rarely listen to?

forum rss feed
Author

mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3667 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jul 11, 11:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Following on from a discussion being held elsewhere I got to thinking that it must be 20 years+ that I have listened to Live Killers (I am 35 now). I never liked it from the minute I heard it, I have NEVER owned an original copy, I have only ever had it on a copied tape that got thrown out years ago.

Val Lurex user not visiting Queenzone.com
Val Lurex
Deity: 2714 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 11, 11:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Huh, why so? Live Killers is an awesome album. It shows Queen in all their concert powers.

"I really feel like being evil tonight."
lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 11, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................first album that springs to mind would be a day at the races
bought it a while ago but never got around to listening to it properly

of course i like tie your mother down
but maybe not as much right now since i was in a charity shop today and i had my old phone with me for a change, and an alarm on it went off and it was tie your mother down so all of a sudden i could hear this, and i thought "awwwww their playing queen on speakers" then though about it then "SHIT THATS MY PHONE!" yep, i shouted that without realising

then the same thing happened in another charity shop about an hour later
wasnt very impressed since it was when i was leaving and people standing there who were my age stared at me like i wasnt human because i didnt have n-dubz as a ringtone

Soundfreak user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 378 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 11, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I never play "Flash Gordon", I never really liked the movie and the album is just a soundtrack.
It's a good production for sure, I like "The Hero" but the album somehow gives me nothing.
The other official Queen album I never play is "Live Magic" with it's annoying edits.

And strangely I never listen to "Rock Montreal", it has a somehow peculiar unnatural (digitally processed ?) sound that I can't describe - don't ask me why...

dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Royalty: 1588 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 11, 12:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Strangely, I think ADATR is my least played. That and Innuendo. And I don't count MIH as a Queen album.

Djdownsy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mama Please
Djdownsy
Bohemian: 469 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 11, 13:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A Kind Of Magic And Live Magic. I think I listened to live magic once, but after hearing that horrible moment where the opera section was editid out in BR, I never even finished listening to the record.
Was never a massive fan of the magic tour anyway. :/

Tá suil agam go bhuil tú go maith!

Arsebiscuits!!!!!
Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 11, 14:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Although I like them, I rarely listen to Flash Gordon, The Miracle, AKOM, The Works and Innuendo.

I don't really like, and therefore rarely listen to Live Magic and Live at Wembley.

I am ambivalent about TCR and Return of the Champions. Haven't really listened to them since the first wave of interest when they were released.

I'm talking about listening the whole way through. Occasionally I'll dig out the LP/CD to listen to an individual track.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3053 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 11, 15:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Flash, Hot Space and, rather oddly, News Of The World.

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 11, 16:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lostman wrote: Huh, why so? Live Killers is an awesome album. It shows Queen in all their concert powers.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

no it doesn't.
it's dubbed and cut n pasted to f*ck....you only have to listen to it to hear it....

and from what i recall...the old vinyl album cover used to say "recorded from over 50 shows"
well considering there's only 23 tracks.....it clearly does not flow as a "concert" esp when you consider which setlist tracks were cut out

for me i don;t bother much with HS AKOM or Works

go deo na hÉireann
Back2TheLight user not visiting Queenzone.com
Back2TheLight
Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 11, 20:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I rarely play Jazz. To be honest, it has some good songs, but I've just never been fond of that album. And I would say the first album really doesn't get alot of play from me either (ppl are gonna kill me for that one!)

I Want It All And I Want It Now!!
jamster1111 user not visiting Queenzone.com
jamster1111
Bohemian: 844 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 11, 23:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I never really played Queen II until I got the new remaster and now I listen to it all the time. I guess before the sound quality was never that great to me and didn't really do much for the songs. It's still not my favorite but I listen to it more now.

Overall, I never really listen to Flash Gordon. I was never a fan of the movie as I think it is pretty shitty to be honest. I like The Flash theme and The Hero but that's about it. I also don't really listen to Live Magic because 1, the performances are not so great, and 2, there are SO many cuts that it's not even like listening to a real concert. I have no idea what they were thinking when they made it.

It's late, but it's time to set me free

It's late, yes I know but there's no way it has to be

Too late, so let the fire take our bodies this night

So late, so let the waters take our guilt in the t
Bigfish user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 430 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 11, 06:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A Kind of tragic..

Big Fish
Your Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
Your Fairy King
Bohemian: 188 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 11, 06:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I never listen to The Miracle. I don't like any of the songs on it. I don't even own it.

I never listen to Flash Gordon. As a soundtrack I guess it's okay, but as a rock album it stinks.

I never listen to Live Magic or Live Wembley or Live Killers. I played Killers to death for years, but now I have several bootlegs of the Jazz tour, all of them better than Live Killers. I don't care for Magic and Wembley because of the set lists. I am much more a fan of the 70s material than the 80s material, and both these shows focus too much on 80s stadium-oriented hits. I much prefer the days of Doin' Alright, White Queen, Ogre Battle, It's Late, and White Man / Prophet's Sing.

Russian Headlong user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 496 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 11, 07:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hot Space (I only like 3 tracks on it)
Made In Heaven (poor album)
A Kind of Magic (only like One Vision, Princes and Prize)
Flash Gordon, not really something you can listen to without watching the movie, some good stuff on there though.

"Give it to me one more time!"
Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 11, 09:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For me The Miracle, The Works and Live Tragic are bigger turkeys than those you get at christmas. One or two ok songs on the first 2 but lets face it, in my opinion, they are not exactly Queen 2, ANATO or ADATR are they.....

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
Daniel vZ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 793 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 11, 14:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmm, I don't really like the live albums, so never listen to them,  but watching them is another thing...
But there isn't any studioalbum I never/rarely listen to actually..

"If there's a God or any kind of justice under the sky

If there's a point, if there's a reason to live or die".

lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 11, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Djdownsy wrote: A Kind Of Magic And Live Magic. I think I listened to live magic once, but after hearing that horrible moment where the opera section was editid out in BR, I never even finished listening to the record.
Was never a massive fan of the magic tour anyway. :/

==============
a kind of magic? i thought that was an ok album, havent bought it yet (because its 20 fucking pounds in HMV so waiting for get a tenner to get it from ebay instead)  lol

ITSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1021 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 11, 17:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A Kind of Magic.

Chuck Norris never sleeps, he waits...
Queen1973 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen1973
Bohemian: 590 posts

Posted: 04 Jul 11, 02:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Live Magic..............its dusty, all the other albums get played a lot. Oh and absolute queen whats the point, please dont make Queen Forever another compilation album. Ok lets guess who would do queen covers for this album? Queen and new artist sounds good.

ride the vision

philip storey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 521 posts

Posted: 04 Jul 11, 06:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Made In Heaven ,as it makes me feel so sad,Mother Love ,brings tears to my eyes,so best avoided !