Forums > Personal > T IN THE PARK 2011

forum rss feed
Author

david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2020 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Jul 11, 18:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well i am here and i survived my first festival.
as many of you know this was to be me and my eldest sons first festival.
what better way to start than at a great scottish venue.
great music ,great food,and great weather?.
arrived a bit early,jamie wanted to be in before the main crowds,so was there at 10 am,,,,near front of gates.
after being,frisked(52 for god sake),headed straight to front of main stage.
jamie came across his mate inside(see pic of two teens in link),got in the front stage right under barriers..
stayed for the first band........cast........not to bad i have to say.
went for a wander round the arena,then back for a band called,,,,,,,,all time low..........again not a bad band,seemed a bit of punk rock there.even got a few girls to get there tops off lol.
then waited for,blondie,,,,,,,this time the crowd had grown,,blondie took to the stage,and the heavens opened............it was pissing down..saw a couple of songs,but by this time the rain was running down my back......
sod this,away to the loo to dry off.
back for the last 3 songs when i dried out a bit....
again she was on top form,still rocking for an oldie.
jamie buggered of to watch someone called ,you me at six,and brandon flowers  ???
anyway another wander came and went to.king tuts wha wha tent...to see ...the hurts???
not to bad,so thought time to walk around again,at this point i thought,,where did all the people come from,,,,,answer,,,,it was pissing down again and they headed for the tent i was in...
stayed for the rest of the set lol.
jamie came back and we went to the main stage again to watch......my chemical romance.....very very good.....i liked them.
got the crowd rocking..
food time before the next band..(understand i never went to see the NME stage or the new acts stage),for god sake im an old man lol.
passed the NME stage and someone called...professor green. was playing......from 100 yards away my liver was pounding,and my hear was shaking lol lol.
there was thousands and thousands watching this guy.
guess what,its raining again......headed back to main stage....pulp ...now pulp are a take or leave band,,,,,,,but.
jarvis was on form,and jamie said they were not to bad....
at this point my waterproof boots were not waaterproof anymore lol lol lol.
jamie was ok he was in wellies,,people were mud diving and generally not giving a f..k....im wet and muddy and dont care anymore ...
right,main event.....the foos.........
exploded on stage in a mass of noise and,not so much lighting???(very poor light show).sound levels went up a few notchies as the band rocked ballado..
they went down a storm(no pun intended),and by this point the main arena was packed...all ages were there.....
foos were a great hit...........
highlights ,were......cast,romance,pulp,foos,,,,and the general athmospere,a good crowd considering the drink that was consumed...
lows were,,,,,,the bastard that pissed in a glass and threw it over a young kid in front of the crowd,the weather(2 downpours turned it into a bog),the price of a burger.4quid.
would i go again,would i put my boots through that mess again........ooooooooooooo yes.
superb...a day to remember.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5BiWyauOQ4&feature=channel_video_title

catqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
:)

Royalty: 1758 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jul 11, 09:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yay, I'm so glad you guys had a good time!  Hopefully this bodes well for the rest of the summer!
And the last festival i was at, the burgers were between Euro 5 - 7!!!

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jul 11, 09:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sounds like a great time, mud and all.   Brandon Flowers is the front man for 'The Killers' - I'm sure you've heard some of their stuff even if you don't think you have.  He/They sort of bounce between being really good and being hipster tedious.  A few months ago I heard a Brandon Flowers solo tune on satellite in the car and I was immediately captivated.  I played it over and over four or five times at the time, and then forgot about it.  When I recently went back to try and find it on YouTube, I couldn't.  I have no idea what it was and nothing off his solo album seems to be it.  'Only the Young' sounds like a maybe?  But  I can't imagine actually being captivated by that.  Maybe I was just in a mood or something. Either way, I've been chasing the song for a few weeks now and it seems it's going to be all for naught.  Oh well.  At least I had a good time in the car that day.

JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jul 11, 10:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

professor green is Plan B [she said] in case you was wondering...


isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jul 11, 10:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GratefulFan wrote: Sounds like a great time, mud and all.   Brandon Flowers is the front man for 'The Killers' - I'm sure you've heard some of their stuff even if you don't think you have.  He/They sort of bounce between being really good and being hipster tedious.  A few months ago I heard a Brandon Flowers solo tune on satellite in the car and I was immediately captivated.  I played it over and over four or five times at the time, and then forgot about it.  When I recently went back to try and find it on YouTube, I couldn't.  I have no idea what it was and nothing off his solo album seems to be it.  'Only the Young' sounds like a maybe?  But  I can't imagine actually being captivated by that.  Maybe I was just in a mood or something. Either way, I've been chasing the song for a few weeks now and it seems it's going to be all for naught.  Oh well.  At least I had a good time in the car that day.
reply:

was it this by any chance?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AhU12zC8fc


isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jul 11, 11:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JoxerTheDeityPirate wrote: professor green is Plan B [she said] in case you was wondering...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQjh9H-ymK4 

and yes that is Effy from Skins and Keeley Hawes from Ashes to Ashes in the video..


isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Jul 11, 08:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JoxerTheDeityPirate wrote:

was it this by any chance?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AhU12zC8fc
=========================

No. :(  But thanks for the suggestion.  I've settled on the likelihood that it was 'Only the Young' and I was just overcome by the night and the wind in my hair and all that stuff.   The intro still sounds like something that would have caught my ear, but the song as a whole is only okay to almost good in the cold light of day.